Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:05 PM
MySunset350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if anyone is interested, im selling my stock 17inch wheels in the dearborn heights area (ford and tele area). the rears have the blizzak winter tires with only one winter on them. the fronts have the stock all season tires.

i moved to vegas and dont need them here, but i left them in my parents garage and i want to get them out of there.

i dont have any pics, but i can get some if anyone is interested. pm me if you have any questions.

Last edited by MySunset350Z; 05-18-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:56 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by AznSky
Have you ever been to a driving school at waterford? reason I ask is because your lines are pretty different compared to the ones they were teaching me to take. Your apex points seemed to be really early. Maybe I like to late apex.....
No. I haven't been to any driving school. I did get an instructor to ride along with me for my first two slow laps over a year ago. So, yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if my line completely sucked.

My goal for the day changed from having fun and working on my heel/toe to staying on the track and focusing on smooth steering and braking. Which you did not see in that short video . That video is a complete demonstration of what NOT to do. lol. I'll say it again. I am a total noob novice to track driving.

In hindsight I'm sure I was 'trying' to go faster than I should have been throughout the whole day (with my right foot, not my head). The rush, speed and feel on the track is quite intoxicating. I guess, while racing around, I lost track of all the things I've been reading and learning about..

I'm going to a HPDE next week at Gingerman..after that I'll have fewer excuses (but I'll still have excuses..like.. I can't learn how to drive like a pro in X track sessions...)

Each session adds a little experience though. I'm sure I'll attend more HPDE's to continue improvement.. as long as my wallet holds up. and maybe I'll concentrate on my line more when I can time myself to gauge improvement.. or get direct feedback from an pro.

Originally Posted by StacZsBF
How much was it to run at the track?
$156.19

Last edited by thekinn; 05-19-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Datona Jess

My Sunset whats your Cell number PM it to my my buddy Sven will take those off your hands if I had to guess.

Steve-nice close call and good catch!!
If you don't push yourself you'll never get better though man
You gotta scare the crap out of yourself every once in a while..

Rob there are several different lines at waterford depending on the drivetrain and driver on the track. My buddy Tom is the recored holder in G production and he has a TOTALLY diffrent line then anyone.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Jonny Boy

Does anyone know a good suspension shop in the area? My car is making some bad creaking noise. It sounds kinda like the springs are rubbing something.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:16 PM
h8bumps

Originally Posted by Jonny Boy
Does anyone know a good suspension shop in the area? My car is making some bad creaking noise. It sounds kinda like the springs are rubbing something.
Jonny, is it only when you take off from a stop? Is it coming from the rear of the car?
Old 05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Jonny Boy

Originally Posted by h8bumps
Jonny, is it only when you take off from a stop? Is it coming from the rear of the car?

It makes noise everytime I hit a the littles bump now. I think it might be the spring is rubbing on something or my shock is done. It is coming from the front end. It almost sounds like an old creaky wood step. It is hard to figure out because the car only does it when on the ground. When I lifted the car, there was nothing. Now after gingerman, it is definatly more noticable.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:23 AM
blueper4mancez

i think it's your shock johnathan . just buy some tokico dpsec or kyb yellow shocks to replace , i told you to do coilovers . stock shock will no handle all that abuse with lowering springs . i could be wrong though.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:40 AM
thekinn

Default Gingerman 052608 photos

Here are a few photos from the HPDE at Gingerman - Memorial Day. Enjoy.
Erik, Jonny PM me your email address and I'll send you the rest of the pics of you.

*edit - here's a video too - http://www.hiap.com/gingerman052608/...-gingerman.wmv

Be sure to thank and compliment Mitsu on her photography skills. She took all of these pics.

Last edited by thekinn; 06-01-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Shiawase

Originally Posted by thekinn
Here are a few photos from the HPDE at Gingerman - Memorial Day. Enjoy.
Erik, Jonny PM me your email address and I'll send you the rest of the pics of you.

*edit - here's a video too - http://www.hiap.com/gingerman052608/...-gingerman.wmv

Be sure to thank and compliment Mitsu on her photography skills. She took all of these pics.
Awesome pictures. I realize now just how silly the blue tape looks on my car haha. Oh well, it's all functional anyways. When we were done, I actually noticed some spots where some rocks and things had hit the tape (plus it blocked some bugs on the way home). Glad I put it on.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Jonny Boy

Steve, those pics are awsome. I am almost embarrassed to put mine up now. I will give you a call later today hopefully to get the videos thing sorted out. I am sending you my e-mail adress right now, make sure you send all of them. I will sned you the pics that I have. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:24 PM
thekinn

Got my car back from the new engine install (oil consumption). Only 1170miles to go till it's broken in... It's kind of like having a brand new car again... but.. driving like a grandma sucks!

So far so good. Everything works, it's clean, they even shined the tires up. Boyland Nissan FTW (formerly Victory Nissan of Macomb).

Time for some new brakes (worn out after Gingerman).
Old 06-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Jonny Boy

Awsome, glad your car is back already and glad to hear everything seems ok. Looks like you will have that engine broken in plenty good for Milan.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Shiawase

Originally Posted by thekinn
Got my car back from the new engine install (oil consumption). Only 1170miles to go till it's broken in... It's kind of like having a brand new car again... but.. driving like a grandma sucks!

So far so good. Everything works, it's clean, they even shined the tires up. Boyland Nissan FTW (formerly Victory Nissan of Macomb).

Time for some new brakes (worn out after Gingerman).
Yeah, my rotors were pretty much done after Gingerman. I'm putting on some new ones and some new brakes on this upcoming weekend.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:27 AM
Jonny Boy

My rotors and brakes actually seem to be good. Looks like I still have a left and my rotors seem to be in good condition too.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:57 PM
07pearlwhiteZ

My Nismo LSD w/3.9 final drive should be arriving here tomorrow. Unfortunately I've got to wait a little over a week to get it put on. I've got an appointment at Speed Industry for next tuesday. I've never taken a car to them for work to get done, but I've heard nothing but good things, so I figured I'd give them a shot with this. Jan seemed very confident in it being no problem to do there. I can't wait to have a little more traction, since I'm unfortunately a base model . Also, does anyone know who's G35 is getting built there? He figured I would enjoy taking a look at it, since I have a Z. It's black, looked like black Volks, getting Tein coilovers, Stoptech BBK, built motor, and single turbo setup. Looks like it should be a nice setup.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Yancy

Congrats on the Nismo LSD and 3.9 final drive. I didn't think the 3.9 gears worked with the Nismo LSD. How long did they say it was going to take them to do the work on the rear end? Let us know how the install goes. I'm currently looking for someone to rebuild my rear end also (just need a new ring and pinion, seals and bearings installed).

Interesting news on the G35. No clue who's car that is, but (and this is my opinion) its worthless to build the VQ motor and only put a single turbo on it. So many guys that had single turbo built motors ended up later putting TT kits on to make the power they wanted. Where is speed industry anyway?

Originally Posted by 07pearlwhiteZ
My Nismo LSD w/3.9 final drive should be arriving here tomorrow. Unfortunately I've got to wait a little over a week to get it put on. I've got an appointment at Speed Industry for next tuesday. I've never taken a car to them for work to get done, but I've heard nothing but good things, so I figured I'd give them a shot with this. Jan seemed very confident in it being no problem to do there. I can't wait to have a little more traction, since I'm unfortunately a base model . Also, does anyone know who's G35 is getting built there? He figured I would enjoy taking a look at it, since I have a Z. It's black, looked like black Volks, getting Tein coilovers, Stoptech BBK, built motor, and single turbo setup. Looks like it should be a nice setup.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:26 PM
07pearlwhiteZ

Haha, I hope that's really what the setup is. I'm buying it off of a guy on here from Chicago. He took it off when he went FI because the different final drive was just giving him no traction. He didn't want to tell me an exact quote on the job yet, since he's got to look at it still, but he's hoping to knock it out in one night(they are only open at night, like 5:30-10 or something). I'll definitely let everyone know how the install goes, good or bad. Speed Industry is right nest to the Troy Motor mall basically. It's like one block east of the last dealership(Pontiac I think?), and maybe a block or so in. It's kind of a little industrial area. If you drive by looking for it, you almost won't notice it, since they've just got a small sign on the door. But Jan(the owner) usually has his black Integra Type R out in front, and there's usually an STI or two sitting next to the building, since they've got an AWD dyno.

Last edited by 07pearlwhiteZ; 06-05-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:11 AM
blueper4mancez

jan is awesome you should be in good hands , i'll be there on the 18th for tunning just renting jan's dyno though . btw anyone want to buy my oem brembo with project mu pads and brandnew stainless steel brake lines front only .
Old 06-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Jonny Boy

Is anyone going out tonight, I was thinking about going to woodward if I can get my suspension to stop squeaking.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:36 AM
zeeanswer

Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
jan is awesome you should be in good hands , i'll be there on the 18th for tunning just renting jan's dyno though . btw anyone want to buy my oem brembo with project mu pads and brandnew stainless steel brake lines front only .
If "front only" is referring to the lines only, dibs!

PM sent.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3