Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 04:58 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
I'd be interested in the price for wheels. (Of course with trading my 18" OE wheels. )I have no doubt still too rich for my blood, but I have to ask.
Just pm'ed you
Old 09-27-2008, 02:35 AM
Phreakdout

Since this thread seems to be random in topic ...

A couple nights ago, I stop by BK with my daughter. Parked up front is a silver 2003 350Z coupe with chromed wheels. I park mine a few slots away since he seems to be in the handicapped spot. As we're walking in I spot the driver is in the car. The guys says "nice red convertible."

Ok I've got to talk now. I look back and the daughter rolls her eyes. I crouch down at the wheels and see they are Enkeis.

I say "Hey, I hadn't seen these Enkeis in chrome before.."
He replies, "Oh yea, they're aftermarket wheels 'cuz my factory tires wore out so fast."
Um, duh! Thanks for clearing up that Enkeis are aftermarket wheels.

I look to my right at the rear wheels and HOLY CRAP, they are inset (yes inward) about 2" from the edge of the fender. WTF? It looked like a porta-spare tire.
"What width are these wheels?" I ask. He babbles on something about 9.5" wheels. Trying to help the boy I tell him he may want to look into some different wheels or at least some spacers.

More noise comes out of him that doesn't make any sense. Feeling like a missionary in the deepest jungle civilizations I prey he is able to use a computer.
"You might want to check out my350z.com. There's a lot of good information out there."
He responds to say "Oh yea, I buy all my parts from them. I just got my brake pads from them."

In my last attempt I say "It's a forum not a commercial website. You might want to checkout the tech sections."

"Cool! Thanks." He replies.

I look back at my daughter and she gives me a look like "WTF is he talking about?" She's 13 and understands forums very well. I surrender and wish him a good night and head in for dinner. I tried guys. Like stray puppies, I feel a need to save a mistreated Z and try and guide young owners away from dumb decisions. This guy must have been running 7.5" wide wheels. Up front was bad but the rear was horrid.

So if you see this car running around, please stop this young white boy and help him out!

Dude, if you're here please take the above as constructive criticism. Z's have a lot of potential. Unfortunately your OE wheels would look better than the ones you have on now. Put those up for sale and get a proper set.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 09-27-2008 at 02:40 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:09 AM
Shiawase

Since this thread seems to be random in topic ...

A couple nights ago, I stop by BK with my daughter. Parked up front is a silver 2003 350Z coupe with chromed wheels. I park mine a few slots away since he seems to be in the handicapped spot. As we're walking in I spot the driver is in the car. The guys says "nice red convertible."

Ok I've got to talk now. I look back and the daughter rolls her eyes. I crouch down at the wheels and see they are Enkeis.

I say "Hey, I hadn't seen these Enkeis in chrome before.."
He replies, "Oh yea, they're aftermarket wheels 'cuz my factory tires wore out so fast."
Um, duh! Thanks for clearing up that Enkeis are aftermarket wheels.

I look to my right at the rear wheels and HOLY CRAP, they are inset (yes inward) about 2" from the edge of the fender. WTF? It looked like a porta-spare tire.
"What width are these wheels?" I ask. He babbles on something about 9.5" wheels. Trying to help the boy I tell him he may want to look into some different wheels or at least some spacers.

More noise comes out of him that doesn't make any sense. Feeling like a missionary in the deepest jungle civilizations I prey he is able to use a computer.
"You might want to check out my350z.com. There's a lot of good information out there."
He responds to say "Oh yea, I buy all my parts from them. I just got my brake pads from them."

In my last attempt I say "It's a forum not a commercial website. You might want to checkout the tech sections."

"Cool! Thanks." He replies.

I look back at my daughter and she gives me a look like "WTF is he talking about?" She's 13 and understands forums very well. I surrender and wish him a good night and head in for dinner. I tried guys. Like stray puppies, I feel a need to save a mistreated Z and try and guide young owners away from dumb decisions. This guy must have been running 7.5" wide wheels. Up front was bad but the rear was horrid.

So if you see this car running around, please stop this young white boy and help him out!

Dude, if you're here please take the above as constructive criticism. Z's have a lot of potential. Unfortunately your OE wheels would look better than the ones you have on now. Put those up for sale and get a proper set.
Out of curiosity, which BK was this at?
Old 09-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Phreakdout

^^ BK in Ypsilanti on Ellsworth in front of the Walmart. Now I KNOW this was not you! LOL
Old 09-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Shiawase

^^ BK in Ypsilanti on Ellsworth in front of the Walmart. Now I KNOW this was not you! LOL
lol. No, definitely not. I actually have a completely stock car.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:42 AM
AznSky

lol that's funny. I'll be sure to say something to him if I ever see him. I did see a black Z with chrome rims and clear corners in the AA main street parking garage the other night
Old 09-28-2008, 09:28 PM
blueper4mancez

that was me.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
wasabi10

i know this is kinda random but anyone from around the Lansing area?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:18 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

I just figured I'd tell everyone that I got the car sold. I'm going through the motions of finalizing it with a guy from North Carolina. I'll miss the Z, but it just wasn't going to work out for much longer. Oh well, I'll be sure to have up some pictures of the new ride when I get it.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:44 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm guessing something in a sedan..wagon.. rhymes with boobyroo?
Old 10-03-2008, 10:39 AM
AznSky

congrats. I know you were trying pretty hard to sell that thing.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Phreakdout

Congrats on the sale. Were you able to part off your mods?
Old 10-03-2008, 09:17 PM
blueper4mancez

congrats ian . hope the new ride will work out for ya . i have a feeling you're getting an evo x or the new sti .
Old 10-04-2008, 05:53 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

Haha, no boobyroo this time. If all goes as planned, it's as sedan that rhymes with Evo X. So Billy gets the prize for guessing right. I ended up not parting the mods, other than I am taking the test pipes off next week and putting cats back on the car. The guy is in NC, and he has to pass emissions. I'm scrambling trying to get everything ready for this guy by the middle of this week, because he's going to be in Chicago already, so he wants to just come out here on thursday and drive the car home. I'm gonna miss the Z, and who knows, maybe one day I'll be back in another Z. Just not in the very near future.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:32 PM
blueper4mancez

he'll pass emissions with the testpipes on there . btw he does not have to do smog test for another 4 years .
Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 AM
Shiawase

The time has come to say Goodbye! I'm headed to Cleveland (permanentlyish) for work! It's been awesome meeting all of you (or some of you). If events do come around, I may be in town anyways visiting parents.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:23 AM
Datona Jess

Good luck in Cleveland man!
It was nice meeting you!

Ian, glad to see you got a buyer.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:40 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
he'll pass emissions with the testpipes on there . btw he does not have to do smog test for another 4 years .
Really, I didn't think he'd pass emissions with no cats on the car anymore? I have no experience with emissions obviously though, since I've lived here my whole life. Oh well, I picked up a set of cats for a decent price and I'm getting them put on this week. It was worth a few hundred dollars to secure I buyer anyways.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:19 PM
blueper4mancez

Originally Posted by 07pearlwhiteZ
Really, I didn't think he'd pass emissions with no cats on the car anymore? I have no experience with emissions obviously though, since I've lived here my whole life. Oh well, I picked up a set of cats for a decent price and I'm getting them put on this week. It was worth a few hundred dollars to secure I buyer anyways.
yeah man i grew up in atl , we have smog check there as well i don't remember the last time i had cats on any of my cars lols. you only fail smog test if you're ecu throwing codes or the car smoke like a boosting deseil engine .

pics whoring new front lip and endless bbk.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-07-2008, 07:27 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Motiv powerbleeder

I used the Motiv powerbleeder for the first time last night to pump new brake fluid into the Z. It worked great. A little slow, but, that's ok. No mess! fresh brake fluid for the last Waterford OTD this weekend.

Had to push down pretty hard to get the Motiv cap onto the reservoir and had to pump it a lot to build up the 10psi pressure. The fluid drained out slowly - but it did work.. just followed the directions.

Nice lip, man ^^ That looks 1000x better than that CF one you pictured not too long ago. I wish I was stopping with those brakes this weekend... I might get them dirty tho.

EDIT - I also changed out the differential and transmission fluid a few weeks ago. Kind of a pain for 1 person - but something I've been wanting to do. -- Post whoring my minor service related accomplishments. lol.

Last edited by thekinn; 10-07-2008 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3