Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 05:47 AM
Datona Jess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah they do Billy
Nitto actually just came out with a 20' DR.

Best non slick straight performance you can get.
You can still turn OK on them too, I was amazed.
My Camaro has the BFG's on it right now...Next set is for sure the M/T
Old 12-10-2008, 06:36 AM
AznSky

swaybars ordered on Monday and arrive this Friday

Also ordered some aero pieces last week. But I may hold off putting them on for a bit.

Next up, TIRES! Except the ones that make you go fast in an arc, instead of a straight line j/k j/k
Old 12-10-2008, 07:18 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by AznSky
swaybars ordered on Monday and arrive this Friday

Also ordered some aero pieces last week. But I may hold off putting them on for a bit.

Next up, TIRES! Except the ones that make you go fast in an arc, instead of a straight line j/k j/k
Don't forget about endlinks - It won't be long after you install those swaybars that you will need some. I did fronts only - rears are still good.. for now..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Power...Q5fCarQ5fParts
Old 12-10-2008, 07:51 AM
AznSky

Yea, I was gonna purchase the endlinks. But 300 bucks for endlinks! Good god.

I'll just wait till the stock ones die or at least until I get more money or find a cheaper alternative.......
Old 12-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Jonny Boy

Rob, believe us when we say endlinks are needed. I have hotchkis sways, and steve has the cobb sways. we both installed are sways about the same time, and my endlinks were done after one month. If you go to the track they will probably be done after the first or second track day.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:48 AM
AznSky

boo So I guess I really need to get endlinks huh??

edit: FINE FINE. I wasn't gonna do it but since I know you guys personally and you all said your stock endlinks blew, I'll trust you. Just ordered the Power Grid Endlinks, will ship out today. Freakin another $300 bucks! Luckly I'm getting my xmas bonus this Friday or else I'd be screwed.

Thanks for helping me spend my bonus money :*(

Last edited by AznSky; 12-10-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Datona Jess

Good call guys
Rob, they are right I was in Johnny's car it was some serious noise man!
I was really amazed how fast they went to be honest

I thought they wold have lasted a bit longer then that.
GOOD purchase dude!

Your car is going to fly man
Old 12-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Jonny Boy

Rob - We are not trying to help you spend money, we just dont want you to be out of commision for events because you blew your endlinks. We only want to help each other out, you made the right choice. At least now you wont have to take them apart 2 times like Steve and I. We are only trying to help you learn from our mistakes.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:08 AM
mberthia

I'll have to take a look at my endlinks next spring. They are stock and have many track days on them. I have not had any problems or heard much about others with issues in the racing section of this forum.

Last edited by mberthia; 12-11-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:12 AM
blueper4mancez

^^ do you have aftermarket sway bars ? i have my cusco sway bars for 2 years with alot of spirited street driven and no issues to date (finger crossed) endlinks are a good investment though.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:57 AM
mberthia

Yes I have the Stillen sway bars. I read up on the endlink issue and I now know where the clunking sound is coming from... I had assumed it was the sway bushing and was planning to replace those eventually. Looks like it's my endlinks that are wearing.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:16 AM
AznSky

Hey mberthia (sorry, don't know your real name, have we met at a meet before?)

How do you like your koni yellows? Can I ask why you put them on and not change your springs?
Old 12-11-2008, 10:10 AM
mberthia

We probably have not met as I have not gone to any meets with people from my350z.com in a few years. I did go several times back in 03-04-05. My name is Martin.

I would have liked to change the springs at the same time but did not for many reasons. One of them is that I could only find springs that would either lower the car or race springs that would have a much higher 'k' than I wanted for a street and track car. There now may be something else available today. I also wanted to take care of the "bounce" that the '03s had. Driving at a certain speed - not highway - the front of the car would get into a harmonic bounce. I think with the 04 or 04.5 suspension change, Nissan took care of that. I did not want to lower the car to keep ground clearance and did not want to deal with alignment issues/having to buy more parts to get the car aligned properly.

While I like them and increase the adjustment when on the track I can't compare to anything else that's available.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:22 AM
blueper4mancez

some updates : sold the the hks ls coilovers . hks hipermax III sports are on damn theyre stiff and nice installations was a breeze .( surprisingly quite and no clunky sounds like other coilovers) took it out for a spin but it was too cold for some spirit driving , car keep on spinning in 2nd and 3rd gear when i hit 4k rpm (low boost)
next up : enkei ntm-03 with toyos r888. corners balanced , alignment before i hit up the track .
pics will be posted soon .

Last edited by blueper4mancez; 12-11-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:52 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
next up : enkei ntm-03 with toyos r888. corners balanced , alignment before i hit up the track .
pics will be posted soon .
Don't forget the 6 point cage, racing seat, harnesses, full data collection and video system, fire suppression system, full-sized trailer equipped with bathroom, master bedroom, dance floor w/ stripper pole and fully equipped garage, F-350 to pull the trailer, nomex racing suit/gloves/shoes, and.. oh yeah.. a helmet. Then and ONLY then will you be ready to track your car.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:20 AM
blueper4mancez

Originally Posted by thekinn
Don't forget the 6 point cage, racing seat, harnesses, full data collection and video system, fire suppression system, full-sized trailer equipped with bathroom, master bedroom, dance floor w/ stripper pole and fully equipped garage, F-350 to pull the trailer, nomex racing suit/gloves/shoes, and.. oh yeah.. a helmet. Then and ONLY then will you be ready to track your car.
lols that's actually a good idea , but then again i'm too broke for those fancy stuff , my enkei annd toyos are for the track only . im keeping my street wheels and tires for the street . ooh yeah i like my butt warmer in my stock seats no need for racing seats or roll cage , cause i'm doing all this just for fun .

Last edited by blueper4mancez; 12-12-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Datona Jess

Steve,
I gotta get you some pics of the Nissan 350Z
What you described is all in there, but they pull it with a Titan.

Billy, will you ever NOT be messing with that thing.
Right when you have a good setup you go and start changing things around man....
Keep it up dude....
Though I do thing Shawn, you and Dil should have a 6 point if not 8 point cage in yours...
Old 12-12-2008, 06:40 AM
blueper4mancez

it's a street car aj , roll cage is for whom that will strictly track cars only . my car still get driven on streets almost everyday in the summer . 95% of us in the forced induction forums with 400 - 750 whp doesnt have a rollcage . a rollcage for a street car is just all for shows and look.

some good tires and coilovers should be good for occasional track days

btw how's the new G treat ya ?

Last edited by blueper4mancez; 12-12-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Jonny Boy

Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
it's a street car aj , roll cage is for whom that will strictly track cars only . my car still get driven on streets almost everyday in the summer . 95% of us in the forced induction forums with 400 - 750 whp doesnt have a rollcage . a rollcage for a street car is just all for shows and look.

some good tires and coilovers should be good for occasional track days

btw how's the new G treat ya ?
I have to agree with Billy. I dont think there is any need for a roll cage in a street car that will rarely see the track. The little mods he is doing makes his car a blast to drive on the street but will also allow you to have a ton of fun at the track.

Although I have to say there were a couple of very good ideas that Steve had. The stripper pole is definitely a plus!!!!! So is the bathroom. (I hate public ones)
Old 12-12-2008, 09:12 AM
AznSky

Actually I'd have to agree with AJ. With the amount of power that's getting put down, even one track event could lead to a catastrophic event (hopefully not). Cuz one mistake and it could get bad.

I was even planning on putting a roll cage in my car this winter, but just haven't gotten around to it. Any track event can be dangerous. If I had the spare $$ I would do it ASAP.

But of course it also depends on the driver and the amount of risk he/she is willing to take. If you like finding the absolute limit of your car, then ya roll bar/cage is a must. But if you're just out to have fun and not push it as hard, maybe it's ok.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3