Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:11 PM
young Jee(Z)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AznSky
Ok so I desperately want to do something cosmetic to the Z.

Found out that painting a front bumper would be around $500 on top of the $500 for the bumper (eek!). So instead, I'm looking to get a veilside v1 lip either in CF or painted black.

If any of you guys find a used one please let me know! (Or a painted V2 front )

Brian I'm counting on you for a good deal!
cosmetic parts are FUN. you have tons of lips/bumpers to choose from. i ended up going the nismo route with mine. i beleive billy is still trying to sell his Cwest front lip. its carboooooooooon....and sexy.

o btw, if you want to update to a "06-08" front bumper, mine is for sale. $100 takes it, comes with a carbon titek duct. then you can buy billys carbon lip!!

Last edited by young Jee(Z); 02-18-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:10 AM
Phreakdout

Ok so I desperately want to do something cosmetic to the Z.

Found out that painting a front bumper would be around $500 on top of the $500 for the bumper (eek!). So instead, I'm looking to get a veilside v1 lip either in CF or painted black.

If any of you guys find a used one please let me know! (Or a painted V2 front )

Brian I'm counting on you for a good deal!
I have a Stillen Series 1 front bumper for ya! Cover the beer for the cabin at ZdayZ and it's yours. It already has the duct built in. Plus it's rare. You never see one. I honestly think black is the only good color for that bumper.
The silver primer needs to be removed and reprimed and I don't have the chicken wire. The wire in this picture makes the grill look bad. Anyway, it's a free bumper ... or atleast at the cost of some beer.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 02-21-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:05 AM
AznSky

Yeah thanks Brian but I'm just really not fond of that bumper at all. Sorry, but thanks for the crazy deal! Let me know if you find any other awesome deal (Although I could take it from you and just try to paint it myself and save the $500 in paint.........)

Edmond thanks but I'd have to strip your paint and get it painted black ($600), and then buy billy's lip......not worth it either.

Right now here's dilemma:

Shine Auto V2 Front ($550) + Paint ($500) = $1050 (just for a front bumper? Pass)

Veilside V1 front lip replica ($80-$150) + rattle can paint ($10) = $160 (cheap)

Veilside V1 front lip authentic FRP ($320) + Paint ($100) = $420

Veilside V1 front lip authentic CF ($460) = $520

I found out that the CF is just a "wrap" so it actually doesn't increase the strength/rigidity at all. So I may go the paint route.

Last edited by AznSky; 02-19-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:20 AM
Datona Jess

Deepu
I am all about you riding on a TRACK. Its on the roads with all the idiots I don't like bike's. I know too many friends that have almost died, or have died on bikes.

Jeez, I would say R888's everyone I hear from that has them LOVES them.

Rob-Cosmetic=boring...just make it faster man
Old 02-19-2010, 06:38 AM
Jonny Boy

Deepu - I agree with AJ. Track riding is actually much safer than street riding. For track tires I would go with the RE-11s. They are amazing.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:41 AM
mekatoka

@AJ agreed. I was just pulling your leg

@Jonny RE-11's? are you referring to car or bike tires? My bike comes with Bridgestone Batalax. I didn't know they made RE-11's for bikes.

I do have RE-11's on my Z on the stock rims. But I do have track rims that I bought towards the end of last year and have Kumho Ecsta on them. I felt the dry performance of Kumho's was better than RE-11's once they warm up. It's scary on them when its wet.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Phreakdout

Yeah thanks Brian but I'm just really not fond of that bumper at all. Sorry, but thanks for the crazy deal! Let me know if you find any other awesome deal (Although I could take it from you and just try to paint it myself and save the $500 in paint.........)
It's OK Rob. I had second thoughts on it which is why I now sport the V2. I will never use it. In person, it doesn't look so bad. For some reason, the Stillen photos are hideous. Regardless, free or not, it's a waste of paint if it doesn't appeal to you. For me, I wish I hadn't purchased it. This is why the bumper is still in Tennessee.

I forgot Sean's buddy's name, but he does painting as a side business. (I met him at the Macomb Nissan meet last year) I saw the work he did on Sean's car and it was outstanding. AJ might have this guy's number. If I can dig up the bones, I will have him repaint my V2 before ZdayZ.

Here are some other angles but I don't think it gets any better.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 02-21-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Jonny Boy

Originally Posted by mekatoka

@Jonny RE-11's? are you referring to car or bike tires? My bike comes with Bridgestone Batalax. I didn't know they made RE-11's for bikes.

I do have RE-11's on my Z on the stock rims. But I do have track rims that I bought towards the end of last year and have Kumho Ecsta on them. I felt the dry performance of Kumho's was better than RE-11's once they warm up. It's scary on them when its wet.
Yes, I was talking about the RE-11s for your car. They do not make them for bikes...lol Are the size of your track rims the same as your daily rims? What about the sizes of the tires? If they are different this might be why you feel differences in the grip. The RE-11s were just my opinion.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:26 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

That front bumper doesn't look too bad - I think the grill in the photo stands out more than the body itself... which makes it seem crappier than it is. heh.

..not that I'm shopping.. I have way too many other things on my list than to start adding bodywork.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:42 PM
MikeNT256

You guys know of any used Z's that are good buys? $15k to $20k max, a buddy of mine is looking.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
You guys know of any used Z's that are good buys? $15k to $20k max, a buddy of mine is looking.
You should have you pick of Z's at those prices. In fact, you can probably find one already modified.

Originally Posted by thekinn
lol.. I've already started having dreams about driving the Z.. month? month and a half? I wonder who will break first...??
I did yesterday. The insurance is back on and I took her to work. I'm so in love again!

I just may put the new hood on this weekend. LOL But the hood is in storage and I don't have a vehicle large enough to go get it. (Won't fit in the Jeep Grand Cherokee) This means I will have to drive the Z to the storage unit and swap hoods there. LMAO! That's desperation.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 02-20-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Nismo Titan

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
You should have you pick of Z's at those prices. In fact, you can probably find one already modified.

I did yesterday. The insurance is back on and I took her to work. I'm so in love again!

I just may put the new hood on this weekend. LOL But the hood is in storage and I don't have a vehicle large enough to go get it. (Won't fit in the Jeep Grand Cherokee) This means I will have to drive the Z to the storage unit and swap hoods there. LMAO! That's desperation.
If you need a large transport vehicle, perhaps I can help? Give me a shout.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:43 AM
AznSky

Will it fit in the 4runner?

Man, my freakin insurance dood is closed today or else I would have turned the insurance on!!

btw:

Carbotech XP10/XP8 pads w/ Centric Premium Rotors (Blanks)

Woot!

And probably gonna pick up a replica veilside lip and paint it myself along with the nismo sides Ali gave me (will need adjustment for fitment)
Old 02-20-2010, 12:38 PM
mekatoka

Carbotech XP10/XP8 pads w/ Centric Premium Rotors (Blanks)
Nice! Where did you buy them?
Old 02-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by Nismo Titan
If you need a large transport vehicle, perhaps I can help? Give me a shout.
Thanks Andy! You're always the hero.

I just drove the Z over there and swapped hoods. Murphy's law, it wouldn't close. I assume becuase the strut tower bar has spacers under it to help clear the 5/16 plenum spacer.

Anyway, the safety catch latched and I drove the 5 miles home with the hood semi open. No biggie. I'll probably end up ditching the strut tower bar.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:04 PM
MikeNT256

I found a couple for him, but none with what he wants.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
I found a couple for him, but none with what he wants.
Okay .... so what does he want?
Old 02-21-2010, 05:21 AM
MikeNT256

Okay .... so what does he want?
I guess he found it already. 07 Superblack Z. lol
Old 02-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Phreakdout

^^ Nice! Look forward to another Z member in the area.

I installed the hood yesterday. I couldn't get it to seat just right. I had to raise the latch assembly and remove the flat carbon fiber cooling plate surrounding the latch. The gaps are still not even and I don't have the new hood seals yet, but I like it. It might be my imagination, but it feels like the intake is getting more cool air now. The vents are helping to evacuate hot air from under the hood.

Anyway, here it is... (Don't mind the rock chipped V2 nose, it will be repainted this spring.)

Old 02-21-2010, 12:52 PM
AznSky

^ Looks awesome man! That drop is just gorgeous! Perfectly tucked. Before I would have said to do the 06-08 blacked out headlights but with your chrome wheels, I think the 03-05 match well.

I'm hoping to get do some exterior stuff this summer if I can find the time/money.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3