Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 11:39 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
Yup I saw the write up already, honestly I think the will help a little bit and to me thats worth the $31.
You cant go wrong with payin $31 just so long as they're as good as the GT SPec ones are. I think the GT ones run for just over 200 so yea i'd say you got a good deal on it..

Sorry to hear that jackstand but atleast your car didnt end up the way your screen name is. (on jackstands)

oh and i almost won the powerball last night, well not really almost but matched 4/6 numbers, I only won $100 so I figured I'll take the wife to a nice restuarant
Old 11-06-2009, 02:54 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That sucks Nick. At least they got caught.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:15 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
Hey Dave my wife as been taking Italian classes to learn how to speak Italian as well. She goes every wed. up in Hopkins High School at 630pm. I found it funny that you said that when my wife just started taking it. She's almost done with her first session, she has like one or two more weeks to go before she can take the next step. She says it's not that hard and pretty easy to learn as well. Not as hard as most people believe it is anyways..
That's cool! I tried it while in country and got by with my knowledge of Spanish. So I think it should be easy if I can learn it through Rosetta Stone.

Originally Posted by Jackstand
So someone tried breaking into my Z the other day. Thank god a neighbor called the cops and all three of the stupid ****ers got arrested. But now my baby has a new home away from me
Where it be now?
oh and i almost won the powerball last night, well not really almost but matched 4/6 numbers, I only won $100 so I figured I'll take the wife to a nice restuarant
Damn you. I can never win more than $7....
Old 11-06-2009, 03:16 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was driving around town tonight and saw a silver '03-'04 Z with the veilside version 3 body kit on it rolling around, looked like some young 17-18 year old kid was driving it.

I still have yet to see the other red nismo Z thats running around the area, everybody but me has seen him
Old 11-06-2009, 03:32 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

lol... I hate it when I miss out on something that everyone else has seen.

I saw a silver Z the other day at my work parking lot. It was awful. Looked like it had a mishmash of kits on it like VS and Nismo. Wheels were ugly and dirty just like the whole car.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
I was driving around town tonight and saw a silver '03-'04 Z with the veilside version 3 body kit on it rolling around, looked like some young 17-18 year old kid was driving it.

I still have yet to see the other red nismo Z thats running around the area, everybody but me has seen him
Originally Posted by SmoothZ
lol... I hate it when I miss out on something that everyone else has seen.

I saw a silver Z the other day at my work parking lot. It was awful. Looked like it had a mishmash of kits on it like VS and Nismo. Wheels were ugly and dirty just like the whole car.
Nothing a little gasoline and lighter can't fix.

Burn it to the ground!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Jackstand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's cool! I tried it while in country and got by with my knowledge of Spanish. So I think it should be easy if I can learn it through Rosetta Stone.

Where it be now?

Damn you. I can never win more than $7....
It be out in mayer with a broken heart litteraly... Big trboz for me horray
Old 11-06-2009, 10:18 PM
silverbullet_Z

Anybody else begining to think that the 350z is losing its sports car mentality due to the fact that the price for an 03 Z can be purchased at a very resonable price?? I dont know just something to think about really being that I'm beginning to see alot of teenagers begining to own Z's.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Anybody else begining to think that the 350z is losing its sports car mentality due to the fact that the price for an 03 Z can be purchased at a very resonable price?? I dont know just something to think about really being that I'm beginning to see alot of teenagers begining to own Z's.
I thought this 18-24 months ago
Old 11-07-2009, 07:34 AM
schm1147

Good luck Ben!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, man!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:04 AM
WannabeSS

This kid i know from my old HS totalled his 07 BMW 328xi coupe last summer so his dad bought him a Z, which he managed to drive through a big enough puddle and flood, so that got totalled and now he has a black Z.

Makes me sick to be perfectly honest. There is a nice video of him on his facebook whipping shitties in a church parking lot. He doesn't care about anything and knows if he breaks it or crashes it, his dad will just buy him another.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:52 AM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Regardless of the age of the person driving it, its still a sports car. The only thing the teeanagers are going to do is give Z and the drivers a bad name.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:49 PM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
Regardless of the age of the person driving it, its still a sports car. The only thing the teeanagers are going to do is give Z and the drivers a bad name.
and increase my insurance cost on my Z..... whatever happened to kids owning piece of crap vehicles for their first car where everyday you prayed that your car would start to go to school?? My first car was a 91 chev corsica with a 3.1 in it. Had 120k miles on it and it cost me 1k. When i graduated from high school i moved up a little bit bought a 96 chev monte carlo Z34. I loved that car until it got stolen and ended up in the south side chicago on cinder blocks. My next move was i bought a brand new 03 Nissan Sentra Ser Spec V. Great car handled awesome, one of the few cars with a 6spd man trany for the cost. than after 2 years found and excellent deal on a Z that i couldnt pass up and had it ever since.

Now between the times that i owned the Spec V and the Z my winter beaters/DD were a 1986 jetta with a 1.3 pushin out 80+hp it had 200k miles on it. The body of the car was so rusted that one day I was getting ready to go to work, I hopped in and the seat fell through the floor onto the ground lmao.... no joke.... I than had another winter beater/DD a 1989 Olds wagon with a 2.5 in it. Car was great, body was still decent had 250k miles on it till one day i was visiting the GF (now wife) and the motor finally had enough and just quit... Now I have the Z and a 98 chev blazer 4X4 with 133k on it and about ready to trade it in for somethin newer. I was lookin at a 2008 toyota tacoma 4door. A guy at my work has one and I like it.

But i know I cant get one til the wife gets her new vehicle cause she's due for a new one 03 sunfire with 75k on it and I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the **** thats starting to go wrong with it. She likes the new Genises so who knows..

Last edited by silverbullet_Z; 11-07-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:35 PM
| 1cleanZ |

hell yeah to the corsica! My first car was a 3.1 95 Chevy corsica...

sadly i tinted the windows, had sweet chrome hubcaps, whiteletter tires...LOL! Yup, those were the HS days...

drove the thing until it died!

Last edited by | 1cleanZ |; 11-07-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:49 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

My first car was a Jeep Wagoneer. I think it was $500, and I wrecked within 2 weeks. Then I traded it for a 1971 Buick Skylark. That was my 'muscle car' which I fixed up and owned all through HS and college and then some. Took it from New Mexico to California where I finally got rid of it and decided to buy a new car since I got a great job.

I think kids these days are getting nice cars because their parents grew up getting nice cars so they think it's normal. It also happens to be that the last 10 to 15 years have been pretty good to some people when it came to investments and jobs. This also fueled a sort of competition among parents to get their kids something nice so they wouldn't be 'picked on' in school.

There are a few out there who worked for their cars. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally? I wouldn't buy my kids a brand new sports car or a nice new car for that matter. They can work for it and get something used like a beater.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:27 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Wow, the drama between Intense and MD? WTF! Haven't really been following that one at all until tonight. I've bought stuff from Intense and never had problems.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:28 PM
silverbullet_Z

My first car was a Jeep Wagoneer. I think it was $500, and I wrecked within 2 weeks. Then I traded it for a 1971 Buick Skylark. That was my 'muscle car' which I fixed up and owned all through HS and college and then some. Took it from New Mexico to California where I finally got rid of it and decided to buy a new car since I got a great job.

I think kids these days are getting nice cars because their parents grew up getting nice cars so they think it's normal. It also happens to be that the last 10 to 15 years have been pretty good to some people when it came to investments and jobs. This also fueled a sort of competition among parents to get their kids something nice so they wouldn't be 'picked on' in school.

There are a few out there who worked for their cars. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally? I wouldn't buy my kids a brand new sports car or a nice new car for that matter. They can work for it and get something used like a beater.

this is the exact reason why kids should be getting older used cars. There is to many distractions now adays compared to when we all started driving. EX. Cell phones, texting while driving, stereo's being louder, GPS, all major distractions for younge and even experienced drivers. Even if i was rich i still would get my kid a crap car just so that he could appreciate what he had instead of owning something really nice and expecting that the rest of his life. just my .02 cents

To me you have to experience the harder side of life in order to appreciate everything else.

Last edited by silverbullet_Z; 11-07-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:33 PM
silverbullet_Z

Wow, the drama between Intense and MD? WTF! Haven't really been following that one at all until tonight. I've bought stuff from Intense and never had problems.

What are you talking about Dave?? Link??
Old 11-07-2009, 05:36 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I saw the thread near the top of the first page of new posts. Darren at Intense called out Tony at MD. Talk about kungfu theater!

I wouldn't buy my kids a POS because I'd want something reliable, but it sure won't be a car over $30k as their HS ride. Then again, I'm hoping that inflation doesn't make used cars that expensive....lol

I can see Brandon wanting a car as soon as he's capable of driving.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread