Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:16 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

WOOT just bought some ebay headers for the Z for only $46.04 shipped

Steve your Z looks super clean. Are you going to get a new rear bumper or leave it stock?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:43 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sportbiketed

anyways.... I'm thinking of changing my test pipes to either a high flow cat or a resonated setup. It's just to much rasp for me...

Last edited by silverbullet_Z; 11-10-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope you're kidding
Old 11-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve your Z looks super clean. Are you going to get a new rear bumper or leave it stock?
Still want some of my parts?

I updated my part out thread. I'm going through with everything.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:49 PM
sw150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure what I want to do with the rear yet. Looking at rear diffusers and Ben I'm tempted about the lights.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Jackstand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a non rev up longblock does anyone know of one locally?
Old 11-10-2009, 06:48 PM
sportbiketed

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
I hope you're kidding
Nope im serious, im going to put them on and see how long they last before they crack. they are dc sport replicas so I should see some minimal gains.

Originally Posted by Spork
Still want some of my parts?

I updated my part out thread. I'm going through with everything.
nah im at a lack of cash for the bumper.

Ben what are you doing with the carbon fiber radiator cooling plate?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:45 AM
silverbullet_Z

Nope im serious, im going to put them on and see how long they last before they crack. they are dc sport replicas so I should see some minimal gains.

nah im at a lack of cash for the bumper.

Ben what are you doing with the carbon fiber radiator cooling plate?
Alex I hope you know what you're getting your self into when installing headers, especially if you're just getting them to see how long it takes for them to crack...They're a pain in the *** to install not to mention how long it takes too... GL tho....You do know that you have to drain the coolant right?? But I'll let you in on a little secret.. The easyiest way to install headers is.......When the engine is out of the car!!! lol.... I'm serious.. Just make sure you mark the steering column before you disassemble it.. You might as well throw in cams while you're at it being that you'll have the coolant drained already.

Last edited by silverbullet_Z; 11-11-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:18 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

:lol: Can't believe I haven't logged on in 3 days. My arm must have gotten tired of clicking with the mouse....lol

Alex, good luck with that project.

Nice pics, Steve. I'm jealous. Looks like a great shoot.

Aaron, if I had something to adjust then I'd go with that guy. I'm afraid if I get anything elaborate, the boys might screw it up. Boys will be boys....
Old 11-11-2009, 05:21 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

And OMG I hurt.... went running and sprinting yesterday. My joints are feeling it today. I pushed myself without a lot of training. Ran outside in my 'hood past that golf course. Tried to sprint up that hill....
Old 11-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
Alex I hope you know what you're getting your self into when installing headers, especially if you're just getting them to see how long it takes for them to crack...They're a pain in the *** to install not to mention how long it takes too... GL tho....You do know that you have to drain the coolant right?? But I'll let you in on a little secret.. The easyiest way to install headers is.......When the engine is out of the car!!! lol.... I'm serious.. Just make sure you mark the steering column before you disassemble it.. You might as well throw in cams while you're at it being that you'll have the coolant drained already.
You don't have to drain the coolant to install headers. Even if you did, they aren't as bad to install as you are letting on.

But I will be honest and say, even if you got them for free, I wouldn't go through the hassle of installing them. You won't even notice a change in the exhaust note, let alone feel any HP from them
Old 11-11-2009, 05:26 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
And OMG I hurt.... went running and sprinting yesterday. My joints are feeling it today. I pushed myself without a lot of training. Ran outside in my 'hood past that golf course. Tried to sprint up that hill....
You are just getting old. I hurt my back squatting at the gym a few weeks ago and I am still not over it -> and I am only in my 30's
Old 11-11-2009, 05:31 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I may be getting old, but I still have the attitude or mindset of someone younger. I guess my brain thinks I can do things that the body is a little resistant against.

I didn't start doing squats until a couple of years ago. I like squats and dead lifts. I just don't do a lot of weight.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:25 AM
sportbiketed

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
I was planning on changing the coolant anyways, If I could afford to I would do cams too.

Ive seen the write ups, I have a chilton, about $2k in tools and all winter to do it so I think I will be ok.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Zivman

I was planning on changing the coolant anyways, If I could afford to I would do cams too.

Ive seen the write ups, I have a chilton, about $2k in tools and all winter to do it so I think I will be ok.
2 grand in tools means NOTHING when you are installing these! You could install these with about 3 wrenches, a couple sockets, and extensions. the things you need are know-how with the Z, patience, small hands, and a hoist. It won't be fun putting them in, and just pure disappointment when they are in and there isn't one noticable difference in your car... well maybe the engine bay will be hotter because you removed your oem heat shields that covered the stock manifolds.

I have done headers on my car and it is not worth it at all.... even if you got them for free and somebody did the install for you for free they wouldn't be worth it. You putting headers on would be doing it, just to do it.

Last edited by Zivman; 11-11-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Zivman

to change the subject. Check out my new ride.... I know Dave will appreciate it. Thinking I might put headers on it

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L with Navi and RES. Slate green metallic with gray leather interior. Every sports car enthusiast's dream machine! just picked it up yesterday with 12 miles on it.
Name:  P1010302.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  189.4 KB

I will be selling my Xterra if anyone is interested.
05 S model with 50k miles, has navi, power, blue tooth, fogs, running boards, towing hitch (tows 5,000 lbs) 4.0 VQ, 4x4 auto, and top of the line two way compustar remote start. Front windows tinted with weathertec vents and molded floor mats. Has extended warranty to 100K miles, I am original owner, clean title and I hold the title, no lein. KBB on it is 14,600 private party, retail is 16,600 -> make me an offer
Old 11-11-2009, 10:14 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Alex, I don't work well in cold weather. lol

I hate modding during the winter. Learned my lesson, so I don't plan on doing it anymore unless it's really simple and aesthetically pleasing.

Nice family car, Aaron! You'll be happy you did that. So much passenger and cargo space in those things, and it's so convenient during stormy weather.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:47 PM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by Zivman
2 grand in tools means NOTHING when you are installing these! You could install these with about 3 wrenches, a couple sockets, and extensions. the things you need are know-how with the Z, patience, small hands, and a hoist. It won't be fun putting them in, and just pure disappointment when they are in and there isn't one noticable difference in your car... well maybe the engine bay will be hotter because you removed your oem heat shields that covered the stock manifolds.

I have done headers on my car and it is not worth it at all.... even if you got them for free and somebody did the install for you for free they wouldn't be worth it. You putting headers on would be doing it, just to do it.

Speaking of which Alex, I believe on the passenger side there is a fuel line that will come close to your header being that the heat shield will be gone, MAKE SURE YOU USE A HEAT SHIELD MATERIAL FOR YOUR FUEL LINE... Even if it doesnt say to do it with the instructions I would still do it....It also wouldnt hurt to do some heat shield on your brake lines too. BE CAREFUL....

Last edited by silverbullet_Z; 11-11-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:51 PM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Alex, I don't work well in cold weather. lol

I hate modding during the winter. Learned my lesson, so I don't plan on doing it anymore unless it's really simple and aesthetically pleasing.

Nice family car, Aaron! You'll be happy you did that. So much passenger and cargo space in those things, and it's so convenient during stormy weather.

That's why you need a heated garage Dave Oh btw there was a drug bust this mornin at 4am in the next street past mine. I was trying to get home from work and there were many cops blocking off different streets with their lights off so it took forever for me to get home when i was about a block away from my house

Last edited by silverbullet_Z; 11-11-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:10 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

lol, that sucks Greg. That chit can happen anywhere. Heck, the other day I saw a couple of ICE officers in front of my house with what looked like an illegal alien. I think the alien got located finally, and they came to get him.

I bought this for pretty cheap today: http://www.simmonsoptics.com/Riflescopes_MS_PS.htm

Now all I need are some scope rings so I can mount it. I'm going to the range tonight.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread