Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 05:39 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...d-can-see.html
Old 11-07-2009, 06:10 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
I saw the thread near the top of the first page of new posts. Darren at Intense called out Tony at MD. Talk about kungfu theater!

I wouldn't buy my kids a POS because I'd want something reliable, but it sure won't be a car over $30k as their HS ride. Then again, I'm hoping that inflation doesn't make used cars that expensive....lol

I can see Brandon wanting a car as soon as he's capable of driving.
The max i would spend on my kids car would be 1000. If he wanted something nicer than with his own money he could afford something nicer. My only reason would be so that as a father/son bond would be to work on the vehicle as a learning experience. Vehicles with 100k are basically due for alot of easy to do routine maintenence. Ex. New sparks plugs, tranny oil, rear diff, new suspension mainly rear at that miles, alternator, coolant flush, brake pads/rotors. Also I believe kids who put in some blood, sweat and tears begin to respect the vehicle they have and tend to care for it more.

But that's just me, I'm not going to tell anybody how to raise their kid or what vehicle they should be driving cause it's none of my business and other parents are more fortunate than I am who can afford to give their kids nice cars. I've never really looked down on a teenager driving a sprots car at an early age, I've seen a teenager driving a Ferrari before and they only thing i could really think was how lucky is he....

But fortunatly for me I cant have kids YEAHH!!! So I dont have to worry about any of these things. But it's all the what ifs that I think about tho. Oh well enough rambling on and on about this..

I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE A PROKART DAY AT BURNSVILLE WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK???

Dave didnt you say that you take your son brandon there??
Old 11-07-2009, 06:20 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
The max i would spend on my kids car would be 1000. If he wanted something nicer than with his own money he could afford something nicer. My only reason would be so that as a father/son bond would be to work on the vehicle as a learning experience. Vehicles with 100k are basically due for alot of easy to do routine maintenence. Ex. New sparks plugs, tranny oil, rear diff, new suspension mainly rear at that miles, alternator, coolant flush, brake pads/rotors. Also I believe kids who put in some blood, sweat and tears begin to respect the vehicle they have and tend to care for it more.

But that's just me, I'm not going to tell anybody how to raise their kid or what vehicle they should be driving cause it's none of my business and other parents are more fortunate than I am who can afford to give their kids nice cars. I've never really looked down on a teenager driving a sprots car at an early age, I've seen a teenager driving a Ferrari before and they only thing i could really think was how lucky is he....

But fortunatly for me I cant have kids YEAHH!!! So I dont have to worry about any of these things. But it's all the what ifs that I think about tho. Oh well enough rambling on and on about this..

We should go to the maple grove one, my friends dad owns it and we might be able to get a deal.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:32 PM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
we should go to the maple grove one, my friends dad owns it and we might be able to get a deal.

sweet!!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:38 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

That's part of the reason I want a project car. I think it would be a great experience with my boys.

Yes, party at prokart! Brandon has been asking to go back.
Originally Posted by sportbiketed
We should go to the maple grove one, my friends dad owns it and we might be able to get a deal.
Do it! Make it so, Mr. Sulu! Oh, wait...
Old 11-08-2009, 06:26 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Wow, look at my post count. Never thought I'd see that here.

Going to the gym today and attempt to do some massive chest workout. My pinched nerve is affecting my left arm in a really bad way. We'll see how far I get. I'm also planning on going to the HS track to time my 1/4 mile sprint. I want to get fast and have that burst of speed and energy.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:20 AM
WannabeSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and increase my insurance cost on my Z..... whatever happened to kids owning piece of crap vehicles for their first car where everyday you prayed that your car would start to go to school?? My first car was a 91 chev corsica with a 3.1 in it. Had 120k miles on it and it cost me 1k. When i graduated from high school i moved up a little bit bought a 96 chev monte carlo Z34. I loved that car until it got stolen and ended up in the south side chicago on cinder blocks. My next move was i bought a brand new 03 Nissan Sentra Ser Spec V. Great car handled awesome, one of the few cars with a 6spd man trany for the cost. than after 2 years found and excellent deal on a Z that i couldnt pass up and had it ever since.

Now between the times that i owned the Spec V and the Z my winter beaters/DD were a 1986 jetta with a 1.3 pushin out 80+hp it had 200k miles on it. The body of the car was so rusted that one day I was getting ready to go to work, I hopped in and the seat fell through the floor onto the ground lmao.... no joke.... I than had another winter beater/DD a 1989 Olds wagon with a 2.5 in it. Car was great, body was still decent had 250k miles on it till one day i was visiting the GF (now wife) and the motor finally had enough and just quit... Now I have the Z and a 98 chev blazer 4X4 with 133k on it and about ready to trade it in for somethin newer. I was lookin at a 2008 toyota tacoma 4door. A guy at my work has one and I like it.

But i know I cant get one til the wife gets her new vehicle cause she's due for a new one 03 sunfire with 75k on it and I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the **** thats starting to go wrong with it. She likes the new Genises so who knows..
Neither of my parents had nice cars growing up. My dad had to buy his cars, and my mom didn't get a car until she was a little older. Just had an old Mustang that she shared with her 4 siblings.

My parents just wanted a decent car. My dad can fix things, and is very knowledgable about cars, but just didn't want to be always fixing **** and it being one thing after another etc. My mom works for Allstate and sees the result of owners of old junker unsafe cars after they have been in an accident, and would much rather have me driving something surrounded in airbags and good safety ratings. They also wanted something that wouldn't leave me stranded on the side of the road late at night or in a blizzard or something, which could be very dangerous.

You can say now that your kids would be driving a $1000 piece of crap for their first car, but i think once you have kids, you will want them safe and nothing to happen to them (this is just kind of the vibe i get from most parents.)

The G is a very good car. We have had 3 of them, and we know they are solid, reliable, safe cars that will last a good long time with only minimal maintenance. It is just an awesome car. Perfect in almost every way and i am very grateful to be driving it. I can admit i did not even pay for half of it. Only around $7k total did i pay for, but hey, i think thats better than nothing. I also take very good care of my car (if any of you guys hadn't noticed, my car is spotless 99% of the time) vs a majority of kids that just run their cars through gas station car washes and park it close and stuff. Ugh, bothers me to no end.

Anyways, off my teenage soap box. Carry on.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn... my first car was a 1988 Plymouth Voyager. I was proud just to have my own mode of transportation. Bought it from my parents for $500.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:49 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Ran a 1/4 mile this afternoon and did it in 1:38. Woohoo!

My left arm feels useless now. I think I'm going to fire it and hire a new bionic arm. ***** this ****.... I think it's trying to get on the welfare system.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:15 PM
silverbullet_Z

Ran a 1/4 mile this afternoon and did it in 1:38. Woohoo!

My left arm feels useless now. I think I'm going to fire it and hire a new bionic arm. ***** this ****.... I think it's trying to get on the welfare system.

Nice dave, I havnt ran since high school (my knees have gone to hell from all the training/school sports) In track i ran a 1:55 1/2 mile and for the mile I ran a 5:05. Those were my best times, no way in hell can i get close to that now...I have a torn miniscus in both my knees that i never had surgery on to correct. They dont bother me to much unless I walk for long periods of time or play basketball or football for awhile. Also the cold weather plays into it as well. I eventually will need to have the surgury but cant afford to miss 6 months of work just to get one knee done and when that one is heeled miss another 6 months to get the other knee worked on.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:17 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Dude, that sucks. That just sounds painful to read. Knock on wood, I've never had a real knee injury. Once while in a jiu jitsu class, my knee cap popped out and then back in. Now that was scary.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:26 PM
silverbullet_Z

Dude, that sucks. That just sounds painful to read. Knock on wood, I've never had a real knee injury. Once while in a jiu jitsu class, my knee cap popped out and then back in. Now that was scary.
I used to have that problem all the time if i wasnt careful stretching my hamstring my left knee would constantly pop out and stay out for 5 sec. while i'm screaming in pain. It would eventually pop back in but the longest time it stayed out was 10sec. I have my moms crappy knees, she's 58 now and she's had both her knees replaced. I should try to start jogging lightly tho just to keep some of the joints moving. It's just hard for me to believe where i was at in HS and where i'm at now its frustrating for me..
Old 11-08-2009, 03:32 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

lol... 2 years ago I felt like a Spartan after the academy. I'm still 'in shape' but would like to get back to that time when I could work out every day and feel good.

My right hamstring hurts most of the time because I've got spondylolisthesis which makes the muscles in my hip try to compensate. It hurts like hell most days. Demotivates me all the time.

Now I've got this pinched nerve in my neck which is affecting my upper body lifting. I just can't win! lol

Sucks being 40...
Old 11-08-2009, 06:01 PM
silverbullet_Z

lol... 2 years ago I felt like a Spartan after the academy. I'm still 'in shape' but would like to get back to that time when I could work out every day and feel good.

My right hamstring hurts most of the time because I've got spondylolisthesis which makes the muscles in my hip try to compensate. It hurts like hell most days. Demotivates me all the time.

Now I've got this pinched nerve in my neck which is affecting my upper body lifting. I just can't win! lol

Sucks being 40...

**** when i'm 40 i'll probably be in a wheelchair. I'm only 26 now bad knees bad back pinch nerve in my right arm tho i havnt had any problem in my arm for awhile since I started doing that perfect pushup routine that they advertise on TV. WOW after reading what i just wrote it sounds like a sexual personal problem lmao.Anyways.... I think it works really good, and would tell everyone to try it. I really want to pick up a bowflex tho, my sister has one and i liked it.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:12 PM
WannabeSS

Man i am probably a slower runner than you. I am just not built for running..
Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 PM
sw150

Sup guys. One of the guys in the local Z club wanted to do a photo shoot.
Name:  img5994s.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  92.8 KB
Name:  img5995.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  80.8 KB
Name:  img6029tm.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  79.4 KB
Name:  img6034tq.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  83.0 KB
Name:  img6043a.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  44.8 KB
Name:  img5986-2.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  86.7 KB
Name:  img5990.jpg
Size:  91.7 KB
Name:  img5993.jpg
Size:  97.7 KB
Name:  img5986-1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  118.7 KB
Name:  img5986.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  118.7 KB
I wish more cars would have come out. But oh well. Also I want you guys to start thinking about next year. We are hosting Midwest Z fest over labor day. it will have a car show and track event. I'll post more info as I get it.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:37 PM
silverbullet_Z

Steve!!! Wow I cant believe your car is clean!!!! Nice pics tho
Old 11-09-2009, 07:54 AM
WannabeSS

Pics look really nice Steve! Hope to see you next summer.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Just throwing this out there.

Anyone need home theater audio calibration or video calibration. Chad B is coming up 12/14 to calibrate my new display. Just thought somebody might have something they wanted properly calibrated. You can check him out here.

I had him up last year to calibrate one of my audio setups and two displays.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, Steve.

First time I've seen your car so clean.
Z looks damn good! Hell... send me your lights with some cash and I'll send you my 06+ heads and tails. Complete the look.

DO you have any copies of those pics in 1680x1050 or something? I'd like to add them to my screensaver picture collection.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread