Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

is there a 2step system that wires to our z?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 02:36 PM
zmedic16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there a 2step system that wires to our z?

msd launch control and systems of this nature?? anyone got them on their z on this side of town??? anyone know who installs them? just wondering since racing season will be back. just want to reduce my 60 time.. my last run my 60 was 2.5 and still ran 13.904 @103mph.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:04 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zmedic16
msd launch control and systems of this nature?? anyone got them on their z on this side of town??? anyone know who installs them? just wondering since racing season will be back. just want to reduce my 60 time.. my last run my 60 was 2.5 and still ran 13.904 @103mph.
yeah right..is that time with simple bolt ons?

Last edited by SuperBlack350z; 12-13-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:41 PM
shadykilla717

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z

Yea.. Kinda seems slow....
Old 12-13-2007, 04:18 PM
zmedic16

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
lol wish u were at englishtown on the last street wars. here goes my mods
06 revup base revised engine v2
mrev2+spacer
hi flow
xo2 exhaust
pop charger
and utec tune
d-wolf clutch engagement mod.
267whp dyno dynamics 1.1 percent correction. about 277-28X whp dynojet
plus this was on racing sparcos ns06 19'wheels.

that was without an lsd.. just put on a vlsd about a month ago. so hopefuly this would help on those times.

shadykilla717 careful what u start.. =) the vqhrs have their goods... but we have way more aftermarket...

Last edited by zmedic16; 12-13-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
shadykilla717

lol wish u were at englishtown on the last street wars. here goes my mods
06 revup base revised engine v2
mrev2+spacer
hi flow
xo2 exhaust
pop charger
and utec tune
d-wolf clutch engagement mod.
267whp dyno dynamics 1.1 percent correction. about 277-28X whp dynojet
plus this was on racing sparcos ns06 19'wheels.

that was without an lsd.. just put on a vlsd about a month ago. so hopefuly this would help on those times.

shadykilla717 careful what u start.. =) the vqhrs have their goods... but we have way more aftermarket...

Haha yea I know. I'm juss messin wit u.. That lsd should shoot that time up. Atleast you got an lsd unlike me....
Old 02-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Lookthatsme

Well i just got my Msd 2 step in today I just dont know what rpms to set it for. And also i just found out that I will also proble have to buy the Msd soft touch
Old 02-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Lookthatsme

Well to break the news to you the 2 step don't work on our cars. Well you could make it work but by doing it right you will spend a lot more money then you really need to. If you get the 2 step module you will need to run the Soft Touch Rev Control-MSD 6T, 6TN, 6HVC for (cd iginition) or a Timing Controller with a high speed retard module. Then in order to run those you need MSD 6T , 6TN or MSD 6 HVC Ignition to control 4,6,or 8 cylinder motors. so in the long run you spending about 400 to 600. That will leave you with 3 controls and alot of wiring so i took the easier way I went with the Msd Dis 4 ( http://www.msdignition.com/sci_4.htm ) and i spent the 560 and everything i just mentioned i have evrtyhing but in one module
Old 02-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Lookthatsme

Just to let that kinda is alot of money for the options but in the long run you save money, thats if your planing on going FI. First you got the 2 step which you won't regret, because its always usefull on the strip. Then you get the timing control which you could set it right on the msd so that saves time on tuning. Also you get a alarm sort of, with out your ignition/key/switch you can't turn the car on because the ignition/coil packs aren't getting 12 volts (power) to them. Last it comes with a led light control which lets you know if theres any problems with box/power output by the amount of times it blinks.

I should be recieving mine on Monday but im not sure if ill be in town to pick it up and install it so i might be a week or 2 behind on the install. but once it comes in and ill get it working ill post a video for you so you could get an example of what your spending your money on. Put it this way ill be the test dummy
Old 02-09-2008, 09:56 PM
zmedic16

cant wait till u test this out.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:22 AM
BiGGD198

Originally Posted by Lookthatsme
Just to let that kinda is alot of money for the options but in the long run you save money, thats if your planing on going FI. First you got the 2 step which you won't regret, because its always usefull on the strip. Then you get the timing control which you could set it right on the msd so that saves time on tuning. Also you get a alarm sort of, with out your ignition/key/switch you can't turn the car on because the ignition/coil packs aren't getting 12 volts (power) to them. Last it comes with a led light control which lets you know if theres any problems with box/power output by the amount of times it blinks.

I should be recieving mine on Monday but im not sure if ill be in town to pick it up and install it so i might be a week or 2 behind on the install. but once it comes in and ill get it working ill post a video for you so you could get an example of what your spending your money on. Put it this way ill be the test dummy
yo greg, you gota hit me up when you get that done and how you wired it. i wana hear everything and see the features and then you will be helpin me wire everything when i get mine you got the 2 channel or 4channel?
Old 03-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Lookthatsme

hey sorry i didnt message you back earlier but i got the msd in and i tried to write it up and couldn't figure it out. so i called msd techline to see if they have a wiring diagram and i was told it won't work with our cars. The way the coils are designed is that they have tranistors in them, meaning the ecu sends a signal to the coils to spark and the coils send a signal back that they did. If we where to run a the msd in our cars we would blow all our coils and we don't want that. The only way to make them work is by running a standalone ecu and msd/other coils that don't have tranistors. So if you wanted to have 2 step it would not be worth the money. You would need a standlone, msd (if the standalone dont have 2 step built in), new coils, tuning, fuel return system (standlones didnt get to that level of returnless fuel system and it would be to hard to tune). easy said you will need to spend around 2-3k to have 2 step. Worth it? you tell me.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Lookthatsme

Originally Posted by BiGGD198
yo greg, you gota hit me up when you get that done and how you wired it. i wana hear everything and see the features and then you will be helpin me wire everything when i get mine you got the 2 channel or 4channel?
I would help you out dan but i can't lol. when are you gonna bring the z out? did you get it registered yet?