Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

rant.. Captiol Nissan, San Jose

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 08:29 AM
SJTrackZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down rant.. Captiol Nissan, San Jose

Capitol Nissan service nightmare...

I had a couple issues w/ my Z. 1, the power window issue. You use the auto up feature, and the window would roll back down a few inches. 2, the rear hatch not opening up issue. So, I took the car in for the 15k service and had them check out the problems I had. Upon picking my car up from the 15k, they advised me that the parts for the window and hatch were on order.

When I got the car home, I noticed two nice sratches in the rear bumper. Below where the latch for that hatch is. Pretty deep, luckiliy it was mainly the clear coat. When my window and hatch parts came in, I took the car back. I pointed out the scratches and the service advisor said he would take care of them. They used some kind of mild compound that took care of it for the most part. I picked up the car and made my way home. I heard something rattling in the door, and it was just a little cap that covers a screw. It's on the door handle. So, I just put it back on. When I got home, and out of my car, I noticed that the door panel didn't look right. The thing wasn't even installed correctly. I had to pop it in myself. No biggie, but come on! They can't even do that right?

A few weeks go by, and I take a trip up to Nevada. While I am up there, I check my oil. I notice something strange. I can see the ground!! That large plastic shield that goes under the whole engine is missing!! WTF?? Well, I am in Nevada and can't really do anything until I get back. During my time in Nevada, my CD player starts acting up. It won't eject my CD. So, it's just another thing to take care of when I get back

I take the car in on July 5th for the missing undercover and stereo. The service advisor was pretty cool about taking care of the stuff. I was told at the time, that the stereo and cover would be there in about 3 days. I waited about 2 weeks and never heard back from them. I started calling and calling them, but got nothing but voicemail. I basically had to call until I got my service guy on the phone live. He said my undercover came in, but no stereo. So, I tell him that I am bringing the car in to atleast get the cover put on. When I bring my Z in to put the cover on, the service advisor I was dealing with was away for the moment. Another service advisor came out to help me. Once I told him what I was there for, he began to drill me like he was a cop. He basically beat around the bush and used other words to call me a liar. I'm like, he thinks i'm that cheap to try and get a free piece of plastic?? WTF?? Anyway, the cover gets put on and I go about my business. Still no stereo mind you.

A couple more weeks go by and still no stereo. I call the service advisor. He tells me that it's not in. He says he will check it out and call back. No call backs. I call him again, and he says that the stereo was shipped from Clarion but they don't know where it's at. Again, he will call me back. No call back. So, I decide to call Nissan North America. This is the 7th week with the same CD mind you. UGH.. I call NNA on the 24th and finally hear back this morning.. Tomorrow will be 8 weeks!! They say that the new CD unit is at the dealership. So after I get off the phone, I immediately call my service advisor. I get his voice mail... Believe me, I'll keep calling all day if I have to.

Needless to say, I will take my car to another dealership as soon as this radio is put in!!

If you take your car to Capitol Nissan, I hope they take better care of you then they did me.

Rant over! lol Thanks for reading.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:30 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...87&postcount=2
Originally Posted by HyperSprite
I can say with certainty that Capitol Nissan in San Jose might possible be the worst dealership around, avoid them like the plague, unless you like a place that has absolutely no concept of customer service.
Chris
I stick by my earlier statement, they still suck. From sales, to service, to parts, to even the pay counter, every department is a disaster. I imagine this is a top down problem and the store probably needs new ownership.

By the way, if they call to ask how your service went, they don't really want to know because they don't seem to have any mechanism for adding comments like "I waited 45 minutes for them to find my keys".

Just thinking of all the mistreatment I took there before I finally gave up has me all pissed off again.

They SUCK

Chris
Old 08-29-2005, 09:39 AM
superblackZ720

That sux the dealer i got my Z from is garbage too a far as service goes.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:44 AM
EdJ

That sucks man, hope you get everything worked out the way you want it.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:22 AM
whatever
Veteran

moved to norcal. regional specific.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:18 AM
ZZ33bOI

HEY mAN....WE should do something about it...I usually go to Newark NISSAN because im from Fremont...BuT I HATE niSSan DEalER that treat there customer like that...We should file a complant to the COMPANY...a MAJOR COmPLENT THAT INCLUDE THE BBR..Better Business Bearu...THAT WILL SCARE THE **** OUT OF THEM..cuz if anyone that gives me any bad services i just dump out BBR...but it has to be something really bad that **** me off.. and IN UR CASE... I WILL BE SO **** OFF BY NOW...man i kno how u feelin..if u like WE SHOULD SET A MEET wit all NISSAN CARS and 350Z and just STRIKE IN FRONT OF THERE dEALER ANd f*CK THEM oVER! TRY fremont NISsAN...in NEWARK next to NEW pARK mALL...I always go there..there service is okay..but by now..they know me by the ASIAN DUDE WIT THE biG MOUTH...cuz they kno i will go OFF OF THEM if they do something stupid..so they treat me with respect and all..YOU JUST HAVE TO TELL THEM THAT THERE STUpiD to start out with..so it doesnt give them much room to push u around...because all they try to do is beat arond the bush..you just have to tell them straight up..and if they dont treat u any better u just start sayin "WHERe THE FU*K IS YOUR MANAGER, I DEMAnd TO TALK TO HIM NOW" in a very STRONG ToNE.. dont wanna make u a *******, but enough that the dealer heards it and customer hears it and it will make them look VERY BAD...know wut i mean? but try NEWaRk NISSAN
Old 08-29-2005, 11:30 AM
corsair

Sorry to hear that. I took my car in to Capitol to have the A/C serviced. I had to take it back 3 times because it was not fixed properlly. I finally gave up on them and took it to another dealersip which wasn't much better. The second dealership basically accused me of 'messing' with the A/C unit because it was 'obviously' not repaired but a qualified Nissan technician. A few weeks ago when I was installing some new parts in the engine bay, I found one of the old A/C belts in there. It was just shoved down in the engine bay. How Sad.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

they need to FIRE all sales and service guys there. They are RUDE and discriminate. They were the first choice of dealer when i try to buy my Z last time and end up go elsewhere. The owner/manager is a dick too. When i call in to complain, he said what you want me to do? fire my people because of your complain? WTF???

Last edited by Bubble; 08-29-2005 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:23 PM
SJTrackZ

Wow!! It sounds like my experience has been better than others.. and that's not good either.

BTW, still haven't heard back from my service advisor. grrr...
Old 08-29-2005, 01:30 PM
corsair

If you ever go back there, ask to see 'Earl' in the service department. He is super nice.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:31 PM
ChuckGZ

wow. thanks for the heads-up, guys? recommendations for an alternate dealership?
Old 08-29-2005, 01:38 PM
SJTrackZ

Originally Posted by corsair
If you ever go back there, ask to see 'Earl' in the service department. He is super nice.
Earl is the one who drilled me about the lower engine cover.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:39 PM
SJTrackZ

Originally Posted by ChuckGZ
wow. thanks for the heads-up, guys? recommendations for an alternate dealership?
Heard from a few members of the board to try Falore in Sunnyvale.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:47 PM
ChuckGZ

werd. Thanks SJ.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:49 PM
barthelb
Master

Damn, I don't know if I feel lucky or what. They have been nothing but nice and good for the lil stuff they did. Had tire feathering and they replaced tires with no hassle.

Maybe they were just afraid i'd body slam any of them. hahahah

sorry to hear about that and maybe i'll make it a point to mention how everyone is displeased with their service. Maybe they will wake up when a customer has something to say. After they repair my car of course. Don't want to find any AC belts in the engine bay.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:00 PM
SJTrackZ

Originally Posted by barthelb
Damn, I don't know if I feel lucky or what. They have been nothing but nice and good for the lil stuff they did. Had tire feathering and they replaced tires with no hassle.

Maybe they were just afraid i'd body slam any of them. hahahah

sorry to hear about that and maybe i'll make it a point to mention how everyone is displeased with their service. Maybe they will wake up when a customer has something to say. After they repair my car of course. Don't want to find any AC belts in the engine bay.
LOL!! I'm not too small of a guy myself. Easy going though.

Hey, you work w/ Chad right?? I went to Jr.high/High School w/ him.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
corsair

Originally Posted by SJTrackZ
Earl is the one who drilled me about the lower engine cover.

WoW. Sorry to hear that. It just goes to show that two people can have two completlely different experiences with the same person.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

they are not modding friendly at all. As long as they see the car with mod pull in, their attitude are different.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:12 PM
barthelb
Master

Yup that's me. He told me about you. We are heading to Infineon raceway on wed. Try and make it...

Originally Posted by SJTrackZ
LOL!! I'm not too small of a guy myself. Easy going though.

Hey, you work w/ Chad right?? I went to Jr.high/High School w/ him.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:00 PM
ssc

damn, what a bunch of morons....thats why i hate most dealerships

Quick Reply: rant.. Captiol Nissan, San Jose