Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

New City Nissan Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 03:41 PM
ottoman411

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New City Nissan Sucks!

So I brought in my car to new city nissan to get some things checked out because my warranty is up in May and guess what? They told me up until the point of checking in that I will be charged no money unless something is broken and not covered but they would let me know first. At the last moment they told me its gonna be like $100-200 to even check those things and if they were broken they would fix it. I just told them up theirs and took my car and left. What a waste of a morning. Any of you guys have this problem at new city nissan?
Old 03-06-2008, 04:57 PM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went there when I was shopping for my 08' Z. Service really sucked ***. No one wanted to help me.

I do have a good friend that I go to church with that works there. I'll ask him about your situation.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:27 PM
dj.kickz

i go exclusively to king windward. if at all possible i ask for troy to look at my car, he knows what hes doing and takes really good care of your stuff.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:32 PM
ottoman411

thanks guys let me know PM me if anything. BTW when are we gonna go for that cruise?
Old 03-06-2008, 10:45 PM
HFD350zFREAK

Default a

never went to new city nissan, but i bought my Z from King Windward, and even till this day, they still call me once in a while to see how my car is doing. One of my tire pressure sensors just went dead, so i'm supposed to check them out tomorrow about fixing, or replacing that part. I will let you know how their service is.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:05 PM
blazed54

so you're warranty hasn't expired yet but new city wants to charge you for warranty work???

when shopping for my Z i called around and new city nissan was the rudest and even refused to negotiate the price. Tony Nissan was the cheapest and seemed decent but I paid a little more and drove a little farther to King windward cause service there seemed much better. Don't regret that extra $500 i had to pay in the least. King Nissan FTW and New City FTL.

I could be mistaken but i remember being told that you can take your nissan into any nissan dealer not just the one you bought your car from. try calling King nissan and seeing if you can schedule an appointment there. let us know how it goes.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:04 AM
cocoroco

i got my car from NCN and they suck big time. i try to get a Z at King's, but they only have new ones and i wanted a use one! your warranty is good in any nissan dealer. try call tony, i been there already and i got my car at NCN. good luck
Old 03-07-2008, 10:07 AM
WangZ808

+1 on king winward

f--k new city nissan, those guys are a bunch of clowns
Old 03-07-2008, 12:37 PM
superblacktrack

i don't have experience with either king of new city. I've only dealt with tony (bought the car and serviced) and i haven't had any problems.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:23 PM
keioffice350z

I called New City today to set up a service appointment for my driver's side window. It would roll down on it's own about 80% of the time after I had rolled it up. There's a maintenance bulletin regarding '07's with this problem, showing it as a factory defect.

My usual rep wasn't there, so I talked to some other guy who was rather rude on the phone. When I told him about my problem, and that I was aware of the maintenance bulletin, he asked me when I had bought the car, and the mileage on it.

me: "I bought it July of last year. It has less then 6000 miles."
Service rep: "Alright. btw, there is a charge for this service."
me: "a charge? how would there be a charge on a known manufacturer defect?"
Rep: "Well, it's $70."
me: "So you're telling me that I bought a brand new thirty-something thousand dollar car, and I have to pay to fix something that's wrong from the manufacturer?"
me: "at what point DON'T you pay for it?"
rep: *sigh* "If you've had the car for less then a year, and there's less then 12000 miles on it."
me: *thinking* (Didn't we already established that? wtf???)

The question becomes: Were they going to tell me this, or let me eat the charge, unless I asked about it?"

Pretty **** poor service.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:35 PM
nipponpower

wel i guess when it comes to car dealerships, its about who you know...
i must say every dealership has their good ones and bad ones...as for me new city actually did what i asked when shopping for my 07...king windward kept trying to sell me off on a 06 or earlier, and the colors i didnt want, told them black or white, and they offered every other color but those two, found that rather entertaining. (not saying anything bad about earlier models, but i wanted the 07 after reading up on the new engine). pushing me to settle for a color and year i dont want but hey that how salesman are right
Old 03-07-2008, 07:55 PM
ottoman411

they are dicks at new city, we should shut them down!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:30 PM
HFD350zFREAK

Default a

I actually just read my contract when i bought my Z brand new, and it does say that there is no service charge before the 1st year of the warrentee. But mine is a $99 service fee after that. I think that's how extended warrentees work also. They will fix your car, but no matter what the cost to fix it, you'll only pay $99. Kind of like how insurance's work too, but everyone knows that insurance companies steal people's money

For the defect of the Z, there should be a recall on those models if there's an abundance of window problems. Did you check for any recalls?? Or maybe the person you were talking to a NCN was just a complete idiot. you gotta watch out for those guys.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:20 PM
jadaniya
Banned

is new city the autoplex? cuz the autoplex told me the same thing. also, when I took my car there for the tire recall I came back with 4 more miles on my car. first they tried to tell me that they had to drive it around the lot and that the lot is big. i said yeah, its big but it ain't no 4 miles WTF! Then they told me they drove it to check to make sure everything was in order. I went back later for something else... they told me BEFORE they took the car that they'd drive it around to test it out and when I got it back it had only 1 more mile on it. **** the autoplex, some ******* punk as$ little kid was joy riding my car and no one wanted to own up to it after, even the manager was a pos.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:47 AM
67ZNISMO

damn that's cool. Pretty much everyone got their z from King. I went there for the same reason....service...and price. Tony tried to mark up my base Z 6K and argued with me the whole time. I told him F**k you and walked out...anyway Ken was my salesmen and King. Really awesome guy, i payed below invoice for my 08'!!
Old 03-08-2008, 02:14 PM
HFD350zFREAK

Default a

When i went to King, i also worked with Ken. The salesman that he left me with was a new hire, and a young boy. I told him that i had $35000 to spend, and he still tried to make me pay over that. After 4 hours of bargaining, he brought it down to $35,1xx... I was so fu*ken pissed, i started walking away, and then Ken pulled me over to his area, and in 15 minutes, i got my deal. I got my 06 base model brand new for $24,900.

My trade in was what made it go up to $35000, with it's negative balance. I had a 03 Dodge Hemi that i bought for $24000, and in 6 months, this kid told me he could only give me $9000 for it because of gas prices. But again Ken, gave me about $14000 for my truck. The Honest, non-greedy salesmen that are located at King Windward, make them what they are today. The young boy was just trying to make his cash, but he can still kiss my a**...

KING WINDWARD IS THE BEST
Old 03-09-2008, 10:26 PM
ctwentytwo

Here's the thing about Nissan dealerships... all but a small minority suck, BIG TIME. I live in Waipahu, and go to Tony Nissan. They suck. They know it, and they hesitate to give me that questionnaire about how service was. Been going there for the past 4 years and change. I drove to New City for service because Tony sucks so much... takes them 2 hours and change to change the goddamn oil. I tell them that I bought the maintenance program, and every goddamn time I go, they still try to charge me. I have to remove my body kit each time just so my car can get up on the lift... but New City seemed pretty cool. At least their shuttle service drops you off and picks you up. Heck, you can call them to pick you up. But I still go to Tony because of the convenience.

My car is originally from Arizona, and getting the car there was as fun as going to the dentist for a root canal. ABC Nissan on Bell Road, those f'ers. Customer service is not in their vocabulary.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:49 PM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Of the dealerships you mentioned I have only dealt with Tony, but on the Honda side. They were always good to me.

Sorry guys but I'm a G owner so I deal with King Infiniti. As far as King's service there, they are acceptable. I have no complaints about them so far, so I can see how it translates to their Nissan side.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:28 AM
bruddahmatt

Originally Posted by ottoman411
So I brought in my car to new city nissan to get some things checked out because my warranty is up in May and guess what? They told me up until the point of checking in that I will be charged no money unless something is broken and not covered but they would let me know first. At the last moment they told me its gonna be like $100-200 to even check those things and if they were broken they would fix it. I just told them up theirs and took my car and left. What a waste of a morning. Any of you guys have this problem at new city nissan?
Sounds fair to me. If there's something wrong with your vehicle and you bring it in to have it inspected, the problem is duplicated and fixed, you won't have to pay for anything. But if you just want to have your car inspected simply because you'll soon be out of warranty, you have to pay for it. And why shouldn't you? What's to stop you from coming back every month for a free inspection "just to make sure." Warranty covers s**t that breaks before it should, not stuff that "may or may not" break in the near future. Your warranty is NOT there so you can bring your car in for free inspections whenever you feel like it. There are some exceptions to not having to pay for an inspection fee though such as if you experience a problem but are unable to replicate it at the dealership. If this happens the dealership may ask you to bring it back if it happens again without charging you an inspection fee. If the problem arises again but they are still unable to replicate it themselves, they may end up fixing whatever you claim is broken under warranty anyway.

There are some good dealerships as well as some bad ones. I'm not gonna say New City is crap because I've never bought or had anything serviced there, but it sounds to me like some of you expect the service department to kiss your feet and do whatever YOU feel is right simply because you bought a car from them.

Originally Posted by HFD350zFREAK
When i went to King, i also worked with Ken. The salesman that he left me with was a new hire, and a young boy. I told him that i had $35000 to spend, and he still tried to make me pay over that. After 4 hours of bargaining, he brought it down to $35,1xx... I was so fu*ken pissed, i started walking away, and then Ken pulled me over to his area, and in 15 minutes, i got my deal. I got my 06 base model brand new for $24,900.

My trade in was what made it go up to $35000, with it's negative balance. I had a 03 Dodge Hemi that i bought for $24000, and in 6 months, this kid told me he could only give me $9000 for it because of gas prices. But again Ken, gave me about $14000 for my truck. The Honest, non-greedy salesmen that are located at King Windward, make them what they are today. The young boy was just trying to make his cash, but he can still kiss my a**...

KING WINDWARD IS THE BEST
You were $10k buried brother, just be happy that you got a car...period. If you bury yourself into a car that's your problem. The dealership will do everything they can to help you get out of your trade (believe me, they want to sell a car) if that's what you really want, but don't expect the salesperson to sacrifice his or her entire paycheck so quickly (unless he or she is weak) just for you simply because you realized you made a mistake or had a change of heart after it was too late.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:51 AM
wardz33

i actually bought my car brand new from new city...they at first were ok...then my ac line broke and i took it to them for service....my warranty wasnt up...they charged me 175 to analyze the problem...because it took two hours and they claim that they have to do streneous things such as take out my intake. i needed it done so i said ok...the next problem was their shuttle...they said that the farthest they could take me west is the airport. and east is kahala mall. i was stuck because i live in waipahu and work in kahala past kahala mall...after analyzing the problem...there were two punctures on the ac line which could be seen when looking at it after removing the intake. they said that the aftermarket intake caused the hole and is not covered in the warranty...not to mention they only found the one hole and i found out that i had the second hole by taking it to tony nissan to get the line fixed due to poor service at new city. another disturbing part is that i waited 20 minutes for someone to retrieve my car in the back after they were done analyzing the car i actually had to stop someone and ask them to retrieve it for me. their people was standing around talking story... so i order the part at tony nissan and get the job there...they fit it knowing that the line will rub again with the intake and it rips a hole in the line again...i finally get my friend to fix it...all that had to be done after changing the line was to move it down one slot on the plastic clip on the strut tower so that it clears...over all i had to pay about 1000 dollars to get my ac up and running...

Quick Reply: New City Nissan Sucks!