Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Hin 2008

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 04:08 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by dj.kickz
lets please meet up somewhere CLOSE to the blaisdell because I am going to be slammed to the freaking ground and the less I have to drive it the better. What time is roll in? We can meet at my place. I'm right up ward across the freeway, like 3 blocks total from the show.
Roll in starts Thursday, but I don't remember what time.

Sounds good to me. Let me clear out my PM box some (non premier anymore) so you can shoot me the address. Is everyone gonna meet there?
Old 11-19-2008, 04:13 PM
dj.kickz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure who else is entered besides you me and Brandon. Let me know if you know anyone else entered. Brandon you wanna roll in with us?
Old 11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
bboypuertoroc

Shoot me your address on my forum since I have space in my PM box over there.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:30 PM
808_350z

yeah... i can roll in with you guys.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:51 PM
dj.kickz

Any of you guys gonna purchase electricity? I found this form http://www.hotimportnights.com/media...bor_Forms_.pdf and down on page 5 it talks about it. I'm not sure how much I need to run my lights and stereo (or if I even want to run my stereo)
Old 11-22-2008, 08:36 PM
808_350z

Any of you guys gonna purchase electricity? I found this form http://www.hotimportnights.com/media...bor_Forms_.pdf and down on page 5 it talks about it. I'm not sure how much I need to run my lights and stereo (or if I even want to run my stereo)
good question.... the guy who got me the booth is hooking me up with electricity so i have no idea.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:12 PM
dj.kickz

Didn't see you at roll in Tony, hope you got everything finished in time.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:21 AM
dj.kickz

BUMP This up because the show is tomorrow! Hope you guys can come down and check us out. I think just Dwayne, Brandon, and I are in it. How come you aren't this time Joe? I wanted to see your sick car again.
As far as Z's I saw at the roll in theres another Turbo Z there whose one of Dwaynes friends who's car is sick but thats all I saw this afternoon.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:22 AM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^We'll be there. Good luck
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 AM
bboypuertoroc

Didn't see you at roll in Tony, hope you got everything finished in time.
Man, I apologize for not giving you a call yesterday.

I was up for ~40 hours straight trying to get my car together. I stripped a cam sensor bolt (leave it to Mitsubishi to list the torque on the bolt at 98ft-lbs in the service manual when it's actually more like 30ft-lbs... luckily found a replacement), snapped a banjo bolt and bent my MIVEC oil feed line and couldn't get replacements (leave it to Mitsubishi to not stock important ****). My boy was actually willing to let me take his Evo apart so I could use them but I wouldn't have been able to finish in time. I already had to overnight **** (like an intake manifold gasket) to get the car done but the broken parts were just the last two nails in the coffin.

Oh well, **** happens. Now at least I can take my time and put my car together RIGHT instead of trying to rush ****.

My wife was HIGHLY upset as well... she was actually showing the car (I just build it and race it). She had all kine plans for the setup, lighting, etc. When I entered HIN '06 we took one of the lighting trophies. I know with what she had planned for this year we woulda took first (especially after seeing what other people have done the past few years). She also would've been up for the hottest female ride trophy and even in the running for hottest mild Mitsu.

It's all good though... we'll at least have EVERYTHING together for Street Car Showoff and the next HIN.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:59 AM
dj.kickz

ah man, don't worry about not calling i'm just sorry you didnt finish in time. hope you can come by the show atleast and see it. theres lots of evos this time, some other club (not club808) entered 4 of them and theres a couple others too.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:43 AM
bboypuertoroc

Yeah, there's a new Evo "club" (not a true club, but more like a community) which a bunch of people entered (I know Third's Evo, a red one w/carbon lip, Darwin's blue Evo, can't remember the other). Then there's the black and pink one (with HORRIBLE twin truck tips... ugh) and I'm not sure what else.

How's the rest of the cars?

I'm prolly not gonna make it out tonight since I got to work on another friend's Evo and we have our club meet tonight. On top of that, the misses doesn't want to go since she's still upset about not being able to make it.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:54 PM
SILKZ03

How come you aren't this time Joe?

Well bro...guess you haven't heard, I got hoodwinked, bamboozzled, duped, BS'd, lied to, fok'd over etc.by a OahuZ member who said he ordered a JDM body kit through bulletproof automotive for me, found out from the owner (Ben) he never did, the charade went on for 3 months until I called myself and talked to the President/owner of Bulletproof and found out that all was BS and nothing was ordered, no money exchange, no invoice, and bulletproof doesn't order JDM Kit without full payment. Get this, the member texted me two weeks ago and said the kit was on the way and will be here in DEC. The kit would come to him, he'd give it me and I would pay Bulletproof....wow, he got *****. You ask why I fell for it? Well because of the connection he had due to his sponsorship with bulletproof (purple GTR)....but as you see it was all about him.

No, worries, I've ordered the same kit myself last week through Kwame Z1Performance, got my paid invoice, the kit will be here within 90 days. Also, my audio system is being worked on right now...should be ready next week. So yeah, I would have been in the show and got my kit already if I hadn't trusted our member. Whats funny isssss everybody told me not too....my bad! he got me again.

Bottomline: A member Fok'd me over and for the second time too. I'm not bitter though. Most of our members know now. Hence our motto:

"A group of 350Z enthusiasts that share a common interest and ideas that will offer support when called upon. Everyone will have respect towards one another". Huh?...yah..Anyways......Next Year! if I'm here.

Last edited by SILKZ03; 12-05-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:11 PM
dizie808

Some peoples words are worth gold while others are nothing but ****. You live and learn Bro, it only makes us stronger. Im sure you would of placed, if not won IF you had entered. Cant wait to see the ride completed Joe.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:28 PM
ctwentytwo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SILKZ03

Well bro...guess you haven't heard, I got hoodwinked, bamboozzled, duped, BS'd, lied to, fok'd over etc.by a OahuZ member who said he ordered a JDM body kit through bulletproof automotive for me, found out from the owner (Ben) he never did, the charade went on for 3 months until I called myself and talked to the President/owner of Bulletproof and found out that all was BS and nothing was ordered, no money exchange, no invoice, and bulletproof doesn't order JDM Kit without full payment. Get this, the member texted me two weeks ago and said the kit was on the way and will be here in DEC. The kit would come to him, he'd give it me and I would pay Bulletproof....wow, he got *****. You ask why I fell for it? Well because of the connection he had due to his sponsorship with bulletproof (purple GTR)....but as you see it was all about him.

No, worries, I've ordered the same kit myself last week through Kwame Z1Performance, got my paid invoice, the kit will be here within 90 days. Also, my audio system is being worked on right now...should be ready next week. So yeah, I would have been in the show and got my kit already if I hadn't trusted our member. Whats funny isssss everybody told me not too....my bad! he got me again.

Bottomline: A member Fok'd me over and for the second time too. I'm not bitter though. Most of our members know now. Hence our motto:

"A group of 350Z enthusiasts that share a common interest and ideas that will offer support when called upon. Everyone will have respect towards one another". Anyways......Next Year! if I'm here.
Damn, I'd get retribution... sorry to hear Joe. Damn. Can't wait to see it with the kit. The camera is waiting
Old 12-05-2008, 07:46 PM
bboypuertoroc

That sucks to hear Joe.

Seems quite a few people I know didn't get in for unfortunate reasons.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:09 PM
_STEVEO_01

Originally Posted by SILKZ03

"A group of 350Z enthusiasts that share a common interest and ideas that will offer support when called upon. Everyone will have respect towards one another". Anyways......Next Year! if I'm here.

What's happenin' Joe, listen man honestly, I had no idea the deal fell through and didn't know the extenuating circumstances until just now. It is unfortunate something like this happens, especially when it is out of your control. I thought your build was coming along, but just wasn't going to be ready in time. Listen, I feel your pain. Losing the Z33 was hard for me to take in especially since we work so damn hard for these shows and what not. Just like you told me before dawg, maybe this is a blessing in disguise, there was a reason why the Z33 wasn't there tonight. I don't know One thing I have learned from this crew as well as all other "clubs" I have been apart of is, when the **** hits the fan, only then will you really know who is real and who is bogus. Peoples true colors really come out. You know Im first in line once you complete the build though, gotta check out THE BEAST. Let me know what's good Big Dawg...

Last edited by _STEVEO_01; 12-05-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:25 PM
SILKZ03

Thanks guys...as you said maybe for the best. True colors...how bout a freakin rainbow to be exact...alls good dawg. Course we all knew that from prior posts, but just ignored the arrogance, and conceitedness displayed on his posts...my this, my that...look at me...I make this much... I got this, how much for that...yada yada BS!!...ya know, you can't buy true friends and what goes around comes around in one way or another...someday or somehow but it will come around. Pay back is a BBBBBBiiiiiAAatch!!!

Last edited by SILKZ03; 12-05-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:50 PM
350Eazy

Gentlemen, I am sorry to hear about all the garbage that is going on right now. But I do have a simple request that some of you may be able to help me out with. I would like pics of HIN. If you post them in the forum I will not be able to view them. Something about the internet security over here or something. So if you have pics, PM me and I will give you my email addy. Or you could just ask AJ for it. I would greatly appreciate it, and I look forward to getting back to my brotha's and sista's as soon as I can. This place sucks and I look at my Z keys everyday and play Need for Speed pretending I'm chasing Joe down H-3. Well everybody take care and speed safe!

Jay
Old 12-05-2008, 10:21 PM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by 350Eazy
Gentlemen, I am sorry to hear about all the garbage that is going on right now. But I do have a simple request that some of you may be able to help me out with. I would like pics of HIN. If you post them in the forum I will not be able to view them. Something about the internet security over here or something. So if you have pics, PM me and I will give you my email addy. Or you could just ask AJ for it. I would greatly appreciate it, and I look forward to getting back to my brotha's and sista's as soon as I can. This place sucks and I look at my Z keys everyday and play Need for Speed pretending I'm chasing Joe down H-3. Well everybody take care and speed safe!

Jay
Eazy,

Sup! hey I got the other keys...no worries. She starts and runs, oh and I did wipe a little dust off her...sho needs cleaning.

Quick Reply: Hin 2008