Photography Techniques, Cameras, Lenses, & Equipment

Nikon D700 Lighting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:39 PM
TrinitySRT
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony C
I dunno Tina, i still say its a form of jealousy or Envy. and no one is spoon feeding him lol. he asked a simple white balance question. and being that his camera cost much more then my first DSLR doesnt mean its harder to learn how to use. same basic controls with photography. Exposure, apeture, white balance, ISO etc... just the format is different and the quality. instead of getting a civic of a camera he opted for the Jaguar.

A price tag doesnt express ones learning ability. my D80 is practically the same as my D70 but the D80 cost a bit more due to it being newer and more advanced with its quality. i could have easily of learned on my D80 back then if it were available.
if the OP even knew it was white balance... I dont think the original post would of been phrased as it was. Camera price equals how advanced it is/learning curve in most cases. The D80 and D70 were just updates to each other... and their prices when they were both new... were the same.

tina im sorry but your outlook on this pisses me off. you act like a big shot photographer bc you work in the best buy camera department and moved to an actual camera store. it is jealousy bc hes starting out with a camera you wish you were able to start off with... **** i wish i had a camera like that to learn on rather then spend the money i did on my d70 only to wanna get something better and spend even more money rather then do it all in one shot. but im not gonna treat the guy like a tool for being able to spend the money.. if your gonna act like that, then why are you here, only in the photography section, when you dont even own a nissan to back up the attitude. you join all car forums only to troll the photography sections.

(and before anyone jumps on my case, Tina and i have known each other a while through another forum way back when)
My outlook is he could of spent his money better, got more and something with an easier learning curve.

I cant even be slightly sarcastic with anything (when I told the OP to sell me his D700 for my camera and some classes). I started at Best Buy because I did not have the experience or knowledge to just jump into working at a full out camera store. I used it as a stepping stone just as my D50 and D80. steps to something more advanced to learn in an attempt to better myself. I'm still not even that good, but I am better than I was when all I had was film and a point n shoot. Back when I got my D80 I knew the other more expensive cameras existed and could of had one if I REALLY thought it was suitable. However, I knew it was above my head and I didnt know nearly enough so I opted for something slightly more basic until I understood it all.

Like I said before.. I will never understand how people just... jump into something they seemingly know very little about without at least trying to experience a more basic version/situation first. I'm not going to sit here and change my outlook just because apparently its wrong to think someone went the wrong route about something. I never told/treated the guy like a tool. I just agreed with another post... then made a really bad joke. I got called out on it and defended what I said.

And I am sorry I dont just stick to the Mid-A section and ventured out to another section. I didnt know it was against the law or something to be on a forum and not happen to own the car, but know a lot of people who do. I wouldnt give you **** if you hopped on a Caliber or Neon's forum photography section, because its really not that big of a deal in my opinion.

And nice disclaimer, like you have actually met me or know me past a computer screen and Dodge Vipers on grass. You dont even know what cameras I own... so you assume my reason for reacting like this... is jealousy.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:56 PM
bhendjol
achoooooo

Tina, why so much hate? It's his money after all, why do you care?

Originally Posted by stu46
It's their money. They can buy whatever they want.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:20 PM
TrinitySRT
Banned

Originally Posted by bhendjol
Tina, why so much hate? It's his money after all, why do you care?
why does everyone seem to care if I care to have an opinion on it?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:34 PM
stu46

Cause you're the only one that's justifying it
Cause they expect more from you
Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 PM
J_Dizzle
southcentral>me

both cameras do the same thing. why does it matter what he learns on. he wants to learn so help him out.

i shot a football game with a rebel XTi because my 40D was out for the time being, and the XTi barely gets 3 fps. but when i would compare my shots to the guys using the 1Ds they looked just as good if not better. so imo he made the smart move of going ahead and buying a nicer camera so he doesnt out grow the beginner body in a couple months and have to buy another one again
Old 04-04-2009, 12:06 AM
TrinitySRT
Banned

Originally Posted by J_Dizzle
both cameras do the same thing. why does it matter what he learns on. he wants to learn so help him out.

i shot a football game with a rebel XTi because my 40D was out for the time being, and the XTi barely gets 3 fps. but when i would compare my shots to the guys using the 1Ds they looked just as good if not better. so imo he made the smart move of going ahead and buying a nicer camera so he doesnt out grow the beginner body in a couple months and have to buy another one again
what both cameras?

And.... if you got just as good pictures out of your XTi as the 1Ds guys... why bother getting anything more expensive since that apparently worked fine?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:11 AM
stu46

If there were a skill level prerequisite with the camera, I'm sure Nikon would have made a test for it.

Last edited by stu46; 04-04-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:45 AM
J_Dizzle
southcentral>me

Originally Posted by TrinitySRT
what both cameras?

And.... if you got just as good pictures out of your XTi as the 1Ds guys... why bother getting anything more expensive since that apparently worked fine?
D700 vs D70

and i got good at sports by shooting with my 40D because of how much faster it was, so i just used my knowledge to do the best i could with an XTi because i had to for my job. i hate my XTi and i wish i would've just bought a 40D from the get go
Old 04-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Anthony C

And nice disclaimer, like you have actually met me or know me past a computer screen and Dodge Vipers on grass. You dont even know what cameras I own... so you assume my reason for reacting like this... is jealousy.
i do know you lol... you forget you dated my friend. and then i had to watch to two go at it over the forums when you broke up. i had to watch you post pics of your neons and then see all the negative constructive criticism you were receiving and then your jabs at everyone after they called all your cars and their mods rice. it got so bad you got banned from the forum.

so yes... i do know you to be THAT person. which is why im sticking up for the OP bc your theory is BS... especially for someone who sells cameras and seems to know it all about photography... your theory isnt to give him something with a better learning curve. i know ppl who use the same MO when selling things...

oh buy the cheaper one to grow in to, then when you grow out of it, come back to me and spend more money...

cut out the bull and let the dude drop the extra coin up front. ive never used a canon 5DmkII but put it in my hands with no manual and by the end of the day ill be good to go. its not hard to learn how to operate something. its hard to develop the eye and imagination
Old 04-04-2009, 09:32 AM
TrinitySRT
Banned

i do know you lol... you forget you dated my friend. and then i had to watch to two go at it over the forums when you broke up. i had to watch you post pics of your neons and then see all the negative constructive criticism you were receiving and then your jabs at everyone after they called all your cars and their mods rice. it got so bad you got banned from the forum.

so yes... i do know you to be THAT person. which is why im sticking up for the OP bc your theory is BS... especially for someone who sells cameras and seems to know it all about photography... your theory isnt to give him something with a better learning curve. i know ppl who use the same MO when selling things...

oh buy the cheaper one to grow in to, then when you grow out of it, come back to me and spend more money...

cut out the bull and let the dude drop the extra coin up front. ive never used a canon 5DmkII but put it in my hands with no manual and by the end of the day ill be good to go. its not hard to learn how to operate something. its hard to develop the eye and imagination
you mean I dated him... you "watched" it online... watch him and his buddy pick on me non stop because he knew i'd fight back (this was all over the green neon) until I got banned? It was NOT constructive coming from him or the other guy. I am sorry im not like you I guess, giving in, people call something rice on your car and you change it. I dont because its my car and I will defend it. You dont even know the HALF of what went on between he and I, you just side with him because youve actually met him, and know his personality in person. He's just an e-thug. You've never met me. Do you know half the things hes said to me or how he got me banned from yet ANOTHER local forum? No.... you dont. Cause you act like you know me and the situations but you have no idea. Everyone online just sees boy and girl arguing and assumes. I have no drama like that on ANY other forum, and I am on quite a few. Put some pieces together and realize that its not all one sided, I wasnt perfect but he sure as hell isnt either.

As for my theory on selling... I dont sell like you just assumed I do. A lesser camera so they can come back and buy another? Most dont upgrade for at least a year or two and I dont plan on staying where I am that long... so why do I care when or if they even upgrade? They move at their own pace. I STILL wouldnt hand someone brand new to the field a 5DMK2 or a D700 and go "figure it out". Just like I said before... I wouldnt hand someone a 10 second car and expect them to be able to handle it any time soon. i'd expect them to know something before they jumped in the drivers seat. makes sense to me but to you its just me trying to get more money. Whatever.

Redundancy: you really do not know me so please stop saying you do. It irks me when people act like that, obviously.

Last edited by TrinitySRT; 04-04-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Anthony C

you mean I dated him... you "watched" it online... watch him and his buddy pick on me non stop because he knew i'd fight back (this was all over the green neon) until I got banned? It was NOT constructive coming from him or the other guy. I am sorry im not like you I guess, giving in, people call something rice on your car and you change it. I dont because its my car and I will defend it. You dont even know the HALF of what went on between he and I, you just side with him because youve actually met him, and know his personality in person. He's just an e-thug. You've never met me. Do you know half the things hes said to me or how he got me banned from yet ANOTHER local forum? No.... you dont. Cause you act like you know me and the situations but you have no idea. Everyone online just sees boy and girl arguing and assumes. I have no drama like that on ANY other forum, and I am on quite a few. Put some pieces together and realize that its not all one sided, I wasnt perfect but he sure as hell isnt either.

As for my theory on selling... I dont sell like you just assumed I do. A lesser camera so they can come back and buy another? Most dont upgrade for at least a year or two and I dont plan on staying where I am that long... so why do I care when or if they even upgrade? They move at their own pace. I STILL wouldnt hand someone brand new to the field a 5DMK2 or a D700 and go "figure it out". Just like I said before... I wouldnt hand someone a 10 second car and expect them to be able to handle it any time soon. i'd expect them to know something before they jumped in the drivers seat. makes sense to me but to you its just me trying to get more money. Whatever.

Redundancy: you really do not know me so please stop saying you do. It irks me when people act like that, obviously.

ummm, whoa... i wasnt tryin to air out your laundry in public like that, so simma donna

to stay on topic of this thread... we're talking about a camera. you can sell someone a "10 second car of a camera" bc they arent going to hurt anyone with it or kill themselves... atleast i hope not lol.

im not tryin to get into an argument with you, im just saying, you voice your opinion ALOT about photography and for as long as i "known" you, you come off very insulting in a subtle way when you do. almost like a "i'm better than you and know more then you do" attitude.

eitherway, im sticking to my guns on this one, you're theory is, well, wrong in my eyes.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:09 PM
dj.kickz

My outlook is he could of spent his money better, got more and something with an easier learning curve.
Like I said before.. I will never understand how people just... jump into something they seemingly know very little about without at least trying to experience a more basic version/situation first. I'm not going to sit here and change my outlook just because apparently its wrong to think someone went the wrong route about something. I never told/treated the guy like a tool. I just agreed with another post... then made a really bad joke. I got called out on it and defended what I said.

And I am sorry I dont just stick to the Mid-A section and ventured out to another section. I didnt know it was against the law or something to be on a forum and not happen to own the car, but know a lot of people who do. I wouldnt give you **** if you hopped on a Caliber or Neon's forum photography section, because its really not that big of a deal in my opinion.
2 things, i'm pretty sure that white balance on a D40 and white balance on a D700 are explained exactly the same (not at all) I've never had a Nikon but I know that my Cannon XT which is I suppose the level of camera that you are suggesting her get doesn't explain what white balance any better then my friends 40D.

Also I didn't see anyone mention your car except you.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 PM
TrinitySRT
Banned

ummm, whoa... i wasnt tryin to air out your laundry in public like that, so simma donna
you put the laundry out on the line...
with the whole "I know you cause I watched you argue with your ex". Just proving a point... you really dont know me or situations you think you know. that's all

Originally Posted by dj.kickz
2 things, i'm pretty sure that white balance on a D40 and white balance on a D700 are explained exactly the same (not at all) I've never had a Nikon but I know that my Cannon XT which is I suppose the level of camera that you are suggesting her get doesn't explain what white balance any better then my friends 40D.

Also I didn't see anyone mention your car except you.
Never even suggested a D40... but the D40/D60 actually does explain things... very very basically on the back of the camera (on screen). there is even a little diagram that visually represents the aperture and shutter lol

it's also explained in the manual.

I would of suggested maybe a D90. Wouldnt even really lean towards a D300 cause the D90 does just as good. More money to spend on glass that way.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:56 AM
dj.kickz

Never even suggested a D40... but the D40/D60 actually does explain things... very very basically on the back of the camera (on screen). there is even a little diagram that visually represents the aperture and shutter lol

I would of suggested maybe a D90. Wouldnt even really lean towards a D300 cause the D90 does just as good. More money to spend on glass that way.
I'm sure that the D700's manual explains white balance exactly the same. I would almost be willing to bet they use the same text explanation for both cameras.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Anthony C

you put the laundry out on the line...
with the whole "I know you cause I watched you argue with your ex". Just proving a point... you really dont know me or situations you think you know. that's all

hahaha yea, i said that one sentence, you wrote that whole paragraph. so yes, you aired your laundry. as for the camera thing. are you sure you sell cameras at all? bc as mentioned they all come with specific instructions on how to use THAT model.

tina just let it go. but get off your high horse while your at it.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:29 AM
TrinitySRT
Banned

i'm sorry anthony... you're always right i'm always wrong. i'll just go back to talking pictures of cars on grass.