Notices

Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:14 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
tell MC to inlcude the tech section..cuase IMO we shoudl be able to embed videos here too
I think I'm giving up on that crusade.......why not implement it on the entire site in all sections. If one section can have it, why not all of them. I just don't understand.....
Old 12-14-2007, 06:35 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thawk408
With controling the intake and exhaust cams on a revup motor would this just help in boost response, power, or both? Say a TT car pushing 20 pounds.
Both
Old 12-14-2007, 06:42 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by helldorado
If the ECU was reflashed to raise the rev limiter, I'm assuming that would alleviate the problem for Haltech and it could tune to the new red line? Also, is there anything you can do about the soft cut limiter with Haltech, as in making it less intrusive in 1st gear or changing it back to a hard limiter?
Correct, on the cars with a throttle-body-closing limiter, an ecu reflash to raise the limiter / eliminate the throttle body from closing would allow you to rev as high as you wish with the Haltech. The Haltech has a rev-limiter feature, so if you were to reflash your stock ecu to 10,000rpm you could adjust the limiter to wherever you liked below that. You could also build different limiters into your maps, for example a street limiter of 7000rpm and a race limiter of 8000rpm.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 AM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
Correct, on the cars with a throttle-body-closing limiter, an ecu reflash to raise the limiter / eliminate the throttle body from closing would allow you to rev as high as you wish with the Haltech. The Haltech has a rev-limiter feature, so if you were to reflash your stock ecu to 10,000rpm you could adjust the limiter to wherever you liked below that. You could also build different limiters into your maps, for example a street limiter of 7000rpm and a race limiter of 8000rpm.
Have you guys had any issues with the Factory ECU being piggybacked by the haltech. Like closing throttle, or limp mode etc in other instances then revving higher then what the factory ecu is allowed?

Last edited by IntenseFab; 12-14-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:02 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Very interesting. I have been wondering how my Osiris would blend in with the HalTech.

I currently have a '05 G35 6mt RevUp motor (NA) and UpRev's Osiris. I have the RPM limit raised to 7200 and the throttle body reprogrammed in Osiris. It sounds like that will still help out, even with the HalTech.

It sounds like it will always help out to have a flash with the HalTech (if you have a RevUp motor). My plan is to have UpRev make a map that is designed to work with the HalTech dyno tune. Sound like a good idea?
Old 12-14-2007, 08:44 AM
helldorado

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent, thank you.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:50 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by __jb
Very interesting. I have been wondering how my Osiris would blend in with the HalTech.

I currently have a '05 G35 6mt RevUp motor (NA) and UpRev's Osiris. I have the RPM limit raised to 7200 and the throttle body reprogrammed in Osiris. It sounds like that will still help out, even with the HalTech.

It sounds like it will always help out to have a flash with the HalTech (if you have a RevUp motor). My plan is to have UpRev make a map that is designed to work with the HalTech dyno tune. Sound like a good idea?
I also use Osiris with the Haltech, mostly for the speed limiter and idle adjustments (in addition to Cipher diagnostics). UpRev created a custom flash that had target AFR values for the stock ECU that matched the AF dyno curve that Sharif sent me. This was in an attempt to get rid of the "too rich" CEL. Only after they sent me the map, they told me they can get rid of whatever CEL I want - you just have to give them the code and they can essentially take it out of the stock ECU program. Pretty cool.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:57 AM
helldorado

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcdash
I also use Osiris with the Haltech, mostly for the speed limiter and idle adjustments (in addition to Cipher diagnostics). UpRev created a custom flash that had target AFR values for the stock ECU that matched the AF dyno curve that Sharif sent me. This was in an attempt to get rid of the "too rich" CEL. Only after they sent me the map, they told me they can get rid of whatever CEL I want - you just have to give them the code and they can essentially take it out of the stock ECU program. Pretty cool.
I'm assuming you're using 1 laptop for both programs? Any issues going that route? With Osiris having that kind of flexibility to delete codes, really seems like the most effective tool to complement the Haltech.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:02 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by helldorado
I'm assuming you're using 1 laptop for both programs? Any issues going that route? With Osiris having that kind of flexibility to delete codes, really seems like the most effective tool to complement the Haltech.
Yep, both on the same "car pc" or laptop... I've had both running at once with gauge displays open at once on both software packages. No problems. You do have to be a bit careful with your PC's standby mode with Osiris (it will lock up coming back from standby; so I use a program to close and restart Osiris automatically). Haltech software so far appears to be crash proof (*knock on wood*).

Last edited by rcdash; 12-14-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:57 AM
BlackStar

So far this looks pretty cool. If I DON'T get my stock ECU reflashed what codes will normally be set with the Haltech?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:05 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

That is pretty cool... Good info, thanks. Just heard that the Osiris Real Time Tuner version will be free to all current Osiris owners. That's cool.

I hope to get my HalTech installed day after tomorrow along with my first dyno tune. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:50 PM
rcdash

Originally Posted by BlackStar
So far this looks pretty cool. If I DON'T get my stock ECU reflashed what codes will normally be set with the Haltech?
What do you mean "normally"? The Haltech doesn't throw any codes on its own. If you run too rich or too lean (compared to what the stock ECU expects), then it's gonna complain. If you're not running test pipes, then it shouldn't be an issue. Codes being thrown aren't due to the Haltech (unless it's poorly tuned of course).

EDIT: Actually if you mess with the intake cam timing, then I believe the stock ECU will throw a code for that also cause it'll see that it's not where it should be. Another good reason to get Osiris to block that sort of stuff so that when you do get a code, you know it's something worth paying attention to. I don't have a revup so no experience with exhaust cam timing adjustments. My code for intake would only be thrown at high revs (which is where it was tweaked by Sharif to keep power from dropping - I have JWT S2 cams).

Last edited by rcdash; 12-17-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:10 PM
BlackStar

What do you mean "normally"? The Haltech doesn't throw any codes on its own. If you run too rich or too lean (compared to what the stock ECU expects), then it's gonna complain. If you're not running test pipes, then it shouldn't be an issue. Codes being thrown aren't due to the Haltech (unless it's poorly tuned of course).

EDIT: Actually if you mess with the intake cam timing, then I believe the stock ECU will throw a code for that also cause it'll see that it's not where it should be. Another good reason to get Osiris to block that sort of stuff so that when you do get a code, you know it's something worth paying attention to. I don't have a revup so no experience with exhaust cam timing adjustments. My code for intake would only be thrown at high revs (which is where it was tweaked by Sharif to keep power from dropping - I have JWT S2 cams).
Well yes, I would intend to actually use the haltech to tune the cams and AFR and if the factory ECU is still watching them to see that thay are stock like then they would set a code that I would attribute to the Haltech. Nothing wrong with that, I just want to know which ones would be normally encountered in "normal" tuned haltech operation.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
rcdash

Originally Posted by BlackStar
Well yes, I would intend to actually use the haltech to tune the cams and AFR and if the factory ECU is still watching them to see that thay are stock like then they would set a code that I would attribute to the Haltech. Nothing wrong with that, I just want to know which ones would be normally encountered in "normal" tuned haltech operation.
I think we're on the same page. If you throw the Haltech on a stock, NA car and tune it "to spec", then it should not throw any codes. If you want to go beyond OEM specifications, then you will need to deal with resultant complaints from the stock ECU including but not limited to the AFR and intake cam timing. Only those two come to mind as the codes I've dealt with.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:04 PM
617G

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
Have you guys had any issues with the Factory ECU being piggybacked by the haltech. Like closing throttle, or limp mode etc in other instances then revving higher then what the factory ecu is allowed?
+1 I'd like to get this answered as well...can the use of the Haltech illiminate limp mode?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 617G
+1 I'd like to get this answered as well...can the use of the Haltech illiminate limp mode?
Zero problems with throttle closing / limp mode were found in our testing, nor have we received any feedback regarding this (and trust me, we would hear...).

We have customers running over 8000rpm without a problem - here is one for example making nearly 700whp:
https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...3&postcount=46
Old 12-17-2007, 07:21 PM
thawk408

So in order for me to rev above my stock 7k limiter I have to buy a reflash? Well that just sucks.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
minus500
Banned

Originally Posted by thawk408
So in order for me to rev above my stock 7k limiter I have to buy a reflash? Well that just sucks.
Thats whay i'm wondering. If you have a non-revup is it possible to raise the limiter using the Haltech or do you still have to buy a reflash?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:56 AM
rcdash

Hal, I think 617G was asking if the Haltech could eliminate the limp mode from occurring even if it's occurring now (without a Haltech).

If you have a NON-REVUP (04.5 and earlier), then you have a hard fuel cut rev limiter and that is completely overridden by the Haltech, so NO reflash is necessary to raise the rev limit. It is the throttle control that the Haltech leaves to the stock ECU. The 05+ models use the throttle to control the rev limit rather than fuel or ignition cut (so the Haltech does not override that).

I think even the 05+ non-revups have a soft limiter (throttle controlled), but I'm not 100% sure about that. To reiterate, if in your car, the throttle is used to control the rev limit then the current Haltech firmware will not be able to raise it. BUT it can LOWER IT on ALL CARS - using your choice of fuel or ignition cut
Old 12-18-2007, 05:35 AM
617G

Hal, I think 617G was asking if the Haltech could eliminate the limp mode from occurring even if it's occurring now (without a Haltech).
Correct...meaning how much control does the ECU still have over certain processes and will it still go into limp mode if let's say the tranny gets too hot or you throw a code that would normally cause you to go into limp mode for precaution (the VQ is very limp mode happy imo even when stock)? I'll pm you guys a scenario.

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE