Notices

Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 04:10 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Hi Hal, thanks for the reply and no big deal on this little stuff. I have found that the car behaves just fine with no transient throttle fueling. Perhaps slight hesitation on slight tip in but barely detectable. I'm wondering if the wasted fuel is worth the smoother tip-in feel. In any case, I tried all sorts of gauges, including a trace, and see nothing for delta load or TT-delta load (greater than 1%).

The "W" just copies the values in 2 cells over to the right (so that you have a starting point for the next load point). It's definitely not what you want if you are mostly dialed in and just doing some tweaking (as I am).

EDIT: Delta load works fine up to 2%, which is good enough for transient throttle. Got tip in working well again. No issues...

Last edited by rcdash; 06-26-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:41 PM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Hal I finally got my car running two weeks ago. My laptop took a **** on me when I went to go hook it up to the haltech so I had to get it fixed. I downloaded the latest software off the website onto my computer. Now when I plug the haltech into my laptop it was asking to install a driver, the driver is Cp2102 USB to UART bridge controller driver. I just hit canceled and opened the manager and hit connect. Well it didnt see the haltech and wouldnt connect. (yes the key was on). What do I do to get this working? Ive looked everywhere on the interwebs but cannot find an answer. Should I download to the 1.03 version instead of the 1.04 which I have now?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 PM
MR RIZK

Why didn't you install the driver Cp2102? I believe this is required fr connectivity
Old 06-26-2009, 04:55 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by chopperman
Hey Hal I finally got my car running two weeks ago. My laptop took a **** on me when I went to go hook it up to the haltech so I had to get it fixed. I downloaded the latest software off the website onto my computer. Now when I plug the haltech into my laptop it was asking to install a driver, the driver is Cp2102 USB to UART bridge controller driver. I just hit canceled and opened the manager and hit connect. Well it didnt see the haltech and wouldnt connect. (yes the key was on). What do I do to get this working? Ive looked everywhere on the interwebs but cannot find an answer. Should I download to the 1.03 version instead of the 1.04 which I have now?

Mr Rizk is correct. The USB driver is REQUIRED to connect to a PC.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:10 AM
chopperman

Alright I guess Ill download the driver. I could of sworn the first time I just hooked up the haltech to the laptop and I didnt have to download the driver.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:01 AM
rcdash

USB chipset drivers, once loaded, potentially can operate a number of devices that use that chipset (more than the Haltech use the CP210x chips for USB connectivity). If you used a different laptop, it possibly already had drivers on it that were compatible. You wouldn't have gotten the dialog to install though - it would've just worked. Also keep in mind that some drivers reinstall instances of themselves for each port, so if you keep changing which port you plug the USB cable into, it may need to "reinstall" itself. You have to allow this to happen for every port you want to be able to use for connecting.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:42 AM
chopperman

Thanks guys, I just got it working right now.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Glex25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone using the 2step feature?
Any quirks with the new firmware?

I find that on my car is acting differently.
With the original FW its fine but with the new one
its acting like i need a normally opened switch instead of normally closed.
Basically 2 step kicks in when clutch is not actuated
Old 06-28-2009, 05:54 PM
rcdash

I would PM Hal@IP or give him a call during buasiness hrs. I'm not on the latest firmware pending G35 wheel speed sensor data missing in the most recent release. Waiting on new update (which apparently came out 6/1 but Hal found some issues so delayed).
Old 06-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Glex25

Originally Posted by rcdash
I would PM Hal@IP or give him a call during buasiness hrs. I'm not on the latest firmware pending G35 wheel speed sensor data missing in the most recent release. Waiting on new update (which apparently came out 6/1 but Hal found some issues so delayed).
Hal posted the new version on his site already.
I had spoken to him and he was the one that had pointed me towards the newer software and had said the wheel speed and 2 step had been fixed for the G's
Old 06-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Indeed he did, dated 6/26/09. I must be slipping, been up for two days now!
Old 06-28-2009, 07:12 PM
rcdash

I must be slipping too! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:27 PM
JuJube

Anyone know if the latest update fixes the issues with the latest firmware causing the Racepak IQ3 to stop displaying sensor data?

Last edited by JuJube; 06-28-2009 at 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-29-2009, 06:27 AM
rcdash

No racepak here - sorry. This firmware update asked to upgrade my map. Same for all of you folks? I haven't done any testing yet but a quick look see demonstrated no real changes to the map, so not really sure what's changed...
Old 06-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Glex25

No racepak here - sorry. This firmware update asked to upgrade my map. Same for all of you folks? I haven't done any testing yet but a quick look see demonstrated no real changes to the map, so not really sure what's changed...
I wish they would include a change log so we are aware of what has been fixed and what not. My company does it for all their firmware releases
Old 06-29-2009, 12:24 PM
rcdash

Yes, I agree. Hal usually posts here when updates come out - perhaps he is traveling... I have noticed that transient throttle is much more sensitive. I had to tweak fueling. I was complaining about lack of sensitivity so this is good, but some warning would've been nice. Hopefully Hal will post up soon to confirm what's actually changed.

EDIT: Just called up Injected - Hal has been out of town a few days. Due back tomorrow.

Last edited by rcdash; 06-29-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:07 PM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Hal has been stuck on the side of the highway with 2 blown tires and a broken U-Bolt on our trailer for the past 16 hours coming back from BOTI in TX. I just spoke with him and he is back on the road and should be home around 1am. I am sure he will jump on here tomorrow to answer any questions.

Yes, I agree. Hal usually posts here when updates come out - perhaps he is traveling... I have noticed that transient throttle is much more sensitive. I had to tweak fueling. I was complaining about lack of sensitivity so this is good, but some warning would've been nice. Hopefully Hal will post up soon to confirm what's actually changed.

EDIT: Just called up Injected - Hal has been out of town a few days. Due back tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:37 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Haltech ECU Manager v1.04 is live, and comes with firmware 1.04. I believe this should have both 350Z and G35 wheel speeds etc working on the same firmware now. I know 350Z is coming through and would love if one of the G35 guys could confirm. I too would appreciate a change log and have requested it a number of times. Typically they supply only a few general statements if anything.

Chopperman, Glad to hear you are back alive. The USB drivers are necessary and are included with the software.

JuJube, dash output is back enabled on the new version of firmware.

Glex, 2step is enabled on new firmware, and is finally set the proper way. This means normally open = disabled, grounded = enabled. Unfortunately this requires wire reversal for previous setups which I myself had to do as well. Depending how you have yours wired it could be as easy as moving a relay pin from 87 to 87a.

Raj, Sorry I have been out of touch. It has been a whirlwind lately.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Glex25

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
Haltech ECU Manager v1.04 is live, and comes with firmware 1.04. I believe this should have both 350Z and G35 wheel speeds etc working on the same firmware now. I know 350Z is coming through and would love if one of the G35 guys could confirm. I too would appreciate a change log and have requested it a number of times. Typically they supply only a few general statements if anything.

Chopperman, Glad to hear you are back alive. The USB drivers are necessary and are included with the software.

JuJube, dash output is back enabled on the new version of firmware.

Glex, 2step is enabled on new firmware, and is finally set the proper way. This means normally open = disabled, grounded = enabled. Unfortunately this requires wire reversal for previous setups which I myself had to do as well. Depending how you have yours wired it could be as easy as moving a relay pin from 87 to 87a.

Raj, Sorry I have been out of touch. It has been a whirlwind lately.
Thanks Hal for confirming that for me.
I have it set to the quick disconnect.
I'm not running a Relay.
I have no issue taking off the clutch pedal assembly again and replacing the switch if this is the way it is going to be from now on.

Also going to the new FW there would be no need to retune?
Car got tuned Saturday on Dyno but it will be awhile before we road tune
the way I'm figuring is that I should be k. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Glad to see you got home safe

Last edited by Glex25; 06-30-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:03 AM
rcdash

I'm pretty sure delta load is more sensitive/responsive than it used to be. As soon as I loaded the firmware, I could hear my fuel pump churning repeatedly at low throttle. I had to take fuel away to keep it out of the 10s. Glex, if you're tuner used that as an axis then it may be a bit off. Hal, any way to confirm this? Logging/tracing that parameter is impossible.

That's what I get for whining on the haltech 350z forum. The engineers never chimed into my thread though to confirm or let on that they were changing something. Only took me a few mins to dial it in. It looks like you can get multiple transient throttle events one right after another now. For percentage enrichment, I had to put in a zero range for delta load of 0 to 0.5 that results in no fueling and that excess fueling went away.

EDIT: Welcome back Hal.

Last edited by rcdash; 06-30-2009 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE