Notices

Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
how do you set your load-fuel column to greater than 43.5psi?
I wanna control fueling to 50psi.
I thought we had corrected (raised) this before, but it appears it is back at 300kpa (43.5psi). I will inquire and report back.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:38 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Max boost for fuel and ignition is set to 400kpa (58psi) max in ECU Manager v1.08, which I should have this week to test and avail to public shortly.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:21 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

how do the target AFR settings affect the O2 control settings. In the manual it says that O2 correction does not work outside the min and max rpm settings. You cannot define min rpm in the F4 settings. Is the min rpm defined by your Target AFR table?

What happens if you set the max RPM in your O2 correction as 5500 but only 5000 in your target table or vice versa?

same question for Max Map...

I assume, that it will only correct the values on your Target AFR table that overlap between the Tables settings and the F4 O2 correction tab. Correct?

I dont want it to O2 correct my idle, or at least not now. So if I set my min rpm at 2000, it wont start correcting until then, right?

+-25% seems like a good bit of control correction. Can it really nail your targets with that much range? Anyway for it to automatically liveupdate your map based on your targets?

Last edited by str8dum1; 07-21-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:15 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

^
O2 control settings control when it is active or not, not the AFR target table. If min rpm is not shown in o2 setup, then you can not set it. I believe from memory, that it is set around 600rpm. If there are no values in the target afr table and o2 correction is enabled, it will use the closest value. If you are VE tuning, the afr target table is critical to the VE computations.

The +/- values are entirely up to the user, and o2 correction can only work as well as the map is. O2 correction is best used for big changes to the whole map, for example if your air temp correction is off slightly and it pulls -3%. O2 correction is not designed to correct for a choppy/bad tune - in that case, you need to find a new tuner. It is a PID system that is reacting to what has already happened. O2 correction does not change your map, but you can enable long term trims where it will learn from itself.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:08 AM
str8dum1

So if O2 correction is not enabled, then your Target AFR table is not used?

You mention that O2 correction is for big changes to the entire map. But what is it trying to correct to? Or do you need to set your Target Table to the same max MAP/Max RPM ranges as you define in the O2 correction?

In the manual it talks about min and max rpm for O2 correction, but doesnt have a field to set min rpm. Can you see if they can add that in the V1.08? Should be easy line of code.

Do you find that closed loop boost control is fast enough to maintain a steady target boost?

Last edited by str8dum1; 07-22-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Replies below in bold.
So if O2 correction is not enabled, then your Target AFR table is not used?

Target AFR table is used for VE fueling computations. It is not a function-of o2 correction, it is simply a reference point for the o2 correction to get it's targets from. Again, the axis on target afr table do not act as boundaries for o2 correction.

You mention that O2 correction is for big changes to the entire map. But what is it trying to correct to? Or do you need to set your Target Table to the same max MAP/Max RPM ranges as you define in the O2 correction?

O2 correction is trying to make actual afr = target afr. See above in bold and previous reply for axis info.

In the manual it talks about min and max rpm for O2 correction, but doesnt have a field to set min rpm. Can you see if they can add that in the V1.08? Should be easy line of code.

I haven't looked in the manual, so I don't know if that comment is specific to Pro 350Z unit. Keep in mind manual goes for a variety of applications. V1.08 is already complete and being tested.

Do you find that closed loop boost control is fast enough to maintain a steady target boost?

Absolutely, when properly setup.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Can I use one intake air temperature sensor for the HR?

and what the OEM MAF connector positions and colors for the HR?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by midz350
Can I use one intake air temperature sensor for the HR?

and what the OEM MAF connector positions and colors for the HR?
The Haltech only requires 1 air temp sensor. The stock ecu will be a different story and throw a CEL if you remove an air temp sensor.

OEM MAF wiring is in the FSM. Email me a request containing your info (car/year) if you need those pages.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:10 AM
midz350

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
The Haltech only requires 1 air temp sensor. The stock ecu will be a different story and throw a CEL if you remove an air temp sensor.

OEM MAF wiring is in the FSM. Email me a request containing your info (car/year) if you need those pages.
So, I can use one temp sensor for the Haltech to trick the stock HR ECU when I remove the 2 MAF sensors?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:01 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by midz350
So, I can use one temp sensor for the Haltech to trick the stock HR ECU when I remove the 2 MAF sensors?
I'm not sure how you got that from what I was saying. If you remove the MAFs (and included air temp sensors), you will of course upset the stock computer. Haltech can output a false MAF signal generated from the MAF output table based on RPM/MAP if needed. As for air temps, you can wire in 2 and the while the calibration will be off from stock, it MAY get you close. The easiest way to keep the stock ecu 100% happy would of course be leaving the MAFs in place.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:16 AM
midz350

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
I'm not sure how you got that from what I was saying. If you remove the MAFs (and included air temp sensors), you will of course upset the stock computer. Haltech can output a false MAF signal generated from the MAF output table based on RPM/MAP if needed. As for air temps, you can wire in 2 and the while the calibration will be off from stock, it MAY get you close. The easiest way to keep the stock ecu 100% happy would of course be leaving the MAFs in place.
It was more like a question
Old 07-29-2010, 10:12 AM
str8dum1

interesting, so are people custom wiring Haltech for the HR motors?

I assume its wired up so you can send dummy voltage to both sets of MAF inputs. That way you can delete both mafs and just use the single AIT, just like would for a DE
Old 07-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

I assume its wired up so you can send dummy voltage to both sets of MAF inputs. That way you can delete both mafs and just use the single AIT, just like would for a DE
Wire in is possible, and we have built a few Plug&Play harnesses as well. I don't think you can get away with one AIT, it would take two.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:26 AM
str8dum1

Are the HR guys using the same box as us DE guys? What input/calibration are they using for the second AIT sensor?
Old 07-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were running a Haltech on our TT HR shop car for a while, just hardwired it into the OEM harness. There is a special firmware for the HR motors that needs to be uploaded for it to run correctly.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a few of us have custom plug and play harnesses available as mentioned

it's setup to use dual AIT's - using one would be really counterproductive. The AIT's are easy to setup and cheap to buy, so doing it the right way is really a no brainer. The latest one we're doing will start out using stock MAF's though we very well may switch to a MAP sensor and dual AIT's, really up to the customer (NA build)
Old 07-29-2010, 04:38 PM
str8dum1

i forgot that the HR's have 2 separate plenums, so you have to have 2 AITs

But, so that means that somehow the HR guys have 1 extra calibratable input for that 2nd AIT. The DE firmware only allows you to calibrate 1 AIT.

All use DE guys need is 1 more input and we'd be set. How come they can do that for the HR firmware and not the DE?? We could set the the 2nd AIT input as like an oil temp gauge or fuel pressure gauge, and then use that as a parameter for our triggered output...

Last edited by str8dum1; 07-29-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hal would know how the software deals with it I'll wait for his input I haven't played with it yet on an HR still a few weeks out from doing so on this car
Old 07-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

On an HR engine, it still monitors only one IAT input.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

i forgot that the HR's have 2 separate plenums, so you have to have 2 AITs

But, so that means that somehow the HR guys have 1 extra calibratable input for that 2nd AIT. The DE firmware only allows you to calibrate 1 AIT.

All use DE guys need is 1 more input and we'd be set. How come they can do that for the HR firmware and not the DE?? We could set the the 2nd AIT input as like an oil temp gauge or fuel pressure gauge, and then use that as a parameter for our triggered output...
The HR ecu only monitors the IAT's of Bank 1, and that is the only bank the Haltech monitors as well.

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE