Notices

Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 05:06 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks!

I dont notice much else off the top of my head.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:19 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I tried it, didn't notice any change

I wish we only get at least half of these:

Platinum Pro Series
Version 1.08.2
Features/Changes list

* -Added ECU board temperature channel.
* -Added in Soft cut.
* *The Rev limit table acts as the end RPM, meaning all cylinders will be cut above the RPM in the table.
* *The RPM Cut Range setting describes the range of RPM below the Rev limit table, that soft cut begins.
* E.g. If the Rev limit table has a value of 6000 RPM and the RPM cut range has a value of 500 RPM then soft cut will
* begin cutting cylinders at 5500 RPM.
* -Auxiliary rev limiter Hard and Soft cut selection.
* -Added launch anti-lag.
* -Tacho signal setting for number of pulses per cycle.
* -Fuel pump prime time setting.
* -Updates to flat shift:
* *Input selection. Can select between:
* ^Flat shift input.
* ^Clutch switch input.
* -Torque Reduction function for advanced gear shift functions.
* -Updates to O2 heater output:
* *Added Frequency setting.
* *Added Heater Duty table.
* *The limits of the output only being on between cranking RPM & 1500 RPM have been removed. Such limits now can be
* imposed via the table.
* -Added thermo fan DPO output. The duty cycle is defined by the Thermofan 1 Duty table.
* -Updates to the ECR output:
* *Save the most current fuel consumption value before turning the ECU off.
* *The stepper motor is calibrated before the ECR turns the ECU off.
* -Improved gear ratio detection.
* -Updates to boost control:
* *Proportional, Integral & Derivative values are now tables.
NOTE: before upgrading to V1.08 record the current PID settings because they will not be imported into
* the new tables after upgrading.
* *The boost trim has a new max correction setting. This defines what percentage correction is applied when the trim
* voltage is 0V.
* -Air temp sensor calibrations 1 & 2 default to 25 deg C when not enabled. This allows V.E. to be used with no air temp sensor but with the assumption of a constant 25 deg C air temp.
* -Added transient throttle active channel.
* -Added barometric pressure fuel correction table.
* -Updates to idle control:
* -Proportional, integral & derivative values are now tables.
NOTE: before upgrading to V1.08 record the current PID settings because they will not be in the new tables after upgrading.
* -Updates to O2 control:
* *Proportional & integral values are now tables.
NOTE: Before upgrading to V1.08 record the current proportional & integral settings because they
* will not be in the new tables after upgrading.
* *Added a Target Voltage Hysteresis table for narrowband sensor O2 control. This table sets the expected swing from
* target voltage. --The oscillating target voltage causes an oscillation in the O2 correction which will aid helping
* the catalytic converter perform.
* *O2 control is disabled during a transient throttle event.
* *O2 control is disabled when any RPM limiting (main RPM limiter, decel cut, etc) is being applied.
* -Long term fuel trims can be reset in the front-end.

* Tables that have changed size:
* *Fuel - Zero Throttle Inj Time table size has increased to 16x16.
* *Ignition - Dwell Time table size has increased to 8x8.
* *Ignition - Zero Throttle Timing table size has increased to 16x16.
* *Decel RPM Cut table is now an 8x8 3D table.
* *Boost Control - Target Boost table size has increased to 8x8.
* *Boost Control - Base Duty table size has increased to 8x8.
* *Boost Control - Open Loop Duty table is now a 16x16 3D table.
* *Idle Control - Base Duty table is now a 8x8 3D table.
* *Idle Control - Post Start Offset table is now a 8x8 3D table.
* *Flat Shift - Ignition Retard is now a 8x8 3D table.
* *O2 Control - Recalculation Rate is now a 8x4 3D table.

Calibrations that have changed size:
* *Barometric Pressure Sensor now 8x1
* *Brake Pressure Sensor now 8x1
* *Coolant Pressure Sensor now 8x1
* *Fuel Pressure Sensor now 8x1
* *Lambda sensor 1 now 10x1
* *Lambda sensor 2 now 10x1
* *Lambda sensor 3 now 10x1
* *Lambda sensor 4 now 10x1
* *MAP Sensor 1 now 8x1
* *MAP Sensor 2 now 8x1
* *Nitrous Pressure Sensor now 8x1
* *Oil Pressure Sensor now 8x1
Old 09-23-2010, 10:24 AM
str8dum1

ya its all just firmware changes to get most of those features. dont know why Haltech keeps the 350z harness so crippled...
Old 09-24-2010, 06:47 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

so there is no reason to update to the 1.08 yet then? bummer

also, i'm having an issue with my external sensor. When i hooked it up to use for my main sensor i was having to retune the entire vac map to make it fit the external calibration. This was painful so i gave up. I'm going to adjust the calibration on the external sensor (gm 3 bar) to match the internal sensor so i can keep my same fuel table.

my problem, i hooked up my internal and switched back to my internal sensor and internal sensor map. I have my external sensor hooked up and i put a gauge to watch the external sensor and log it but it stayed at atmospheric pressure. I haven't changed the lines or wires to it so i know it was working but when i try to log it just gives me atmospheric pressure.

what gives?
Old 09-24-2010, 04:25 PM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

binder, maybe not much help but on my car when I connected the external GM/Delco 3Bar map sensor and used the CAL file supplied with the Haltech it matched the internal map sensor reading ie: both connected, choose internal map sensor while the external is plugged in and then data logged it and both appeared to match.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:08 PM
binder

Originally Posted by MR RIZK
binder, maybe not much help but on my car when I connected the external GM/Delco 3Bar map sensor and used the CAL file supplied with the Haltech it matched the internal map sensor reading ie: both connected, choose internal map sensor while the external is plugged in and then data logged it and both appeared to match.
ya, when i switched back to internal and tried to log my external while it was connected it didn't show any pressure. it stayed at -14psi (bottomed out) the entire time.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:43 PM
MR RIZK

I think best bet is to isolate if it is the external map sensor or the haltech. The below web link may help multimetering the output voltages from the map sensor. Chart is about half way down

http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/mapsensor.htm
Old 10-20-2010, 07:44 PM
mx594

Just went on Injected's website and saw that there are no more Haltech products on there whatsoever. Did Injected drop the entire Haltech product line???
Old 10-20-2010, 10:30 PM
midz350

Can someone please post the settings for the boost closed loop control?
Old 10-21-2010, 05:26 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mx594
Just went on Injected's website and saw that there are no more Haltech products on there whatsoever. Did Injected drop the entire Haltech product line???
Haltech had a price change and we are in the process of moving to a new website, so they were removed temporarily from the site. We still are master dealers and would be happy to help you with any Haltech products you need. Additionally, you can order Haltech parts on www.haltechparts.com or www.350zmod.com
Old 10-21-2010, 05:27 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by midz350
Can someone please post the settings for the boost closed loop control?
These vary for each setup. If you describe your setup I can post some values that may help get you going.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:44 AM
midz350

Its GTM STG 2 TT kit with HR built engine that you sent a base map for a couple of months ago.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Its GTM STG 2 TT kit with HR built engine that you sent a base map for a couple of months ago.
Preface:
Make sure you have Overboost Limit setup for safety prior to boost control tuning.

Tuning Closed Loop Boost Control (CLBC)
First, set boost control to Open Loop and see what duty cycle is required to achieve the boost you want. Start around 18-20% and work up from there.

Next, set it to Closed Loop Boost Control.
A quick overview of how CLBC will work:
CLBC runs the boost control solenoid at 100% to maximize spool until it reaches TARGET BOOST less CONTROL START PRESSURE. At that point (TB - CSP), closed loop boost control starts from the CLOSED LOOP BASE DUTY and uses PID control to achieve your TARGET BOOST.

Red=Target Boost
Blue=Actual Boost
Green=Boost Solenoid Duty Cycle

PID values: Good place to start is 24-12-0 accordingly. These will adjust aggressiveness and oscillation. D should remain 0.
Control Start Pressure(CSP): Good starting point is 30kpa. This can be adjusted as needed. An engine that spools very fast and boost shoots up will require a greater CSP.
Closed Loop Base Duty: Subtract 5 from the Open Loop duty cycle value you determined necessary to achieve your target boost above. For example, if OLBC required 44% DC to achieve target boost, then start with Closed Loop Base Duty at 39.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:11 AM
midz350

Thanks Hal.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:44 PM
midz350

I checked everything and made sure that I hear the solenoid click and everything boost source to port #1 and port #2 to upper WG's ports.. but the problem is:

When I set the boost control to open Loop, first I started with 20% duty cycle and nothing, the car will boost to only 8.5psi (WG spring pressure). Then I tried to rise it 1% in a time until 25% where I stopped since nothing changed, so is 25% is high and there is a problem somewhere? or should I keep rising the duty cycle until the boost rise?
Old 10-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

I checked everything and made sure that I hear the solenoid click and everything boost source to port #1 and port #2 to upper WG's ports.. but the problem is:

When I set the boost control to open Loop, first I started with 20% duty cycle and nothing, the car will boost to only 8.5psi (WG spring pressure). Then I tried to rise it 1% in a time until 25% where I stopped since nothing changed, so is 25% is high and there is a problem somewhere? or should I keep rising the duty cycle until the boost rise?
100% is the maximum, so keep rising. Add more than 1% at a time (try 5 or 10%) until you get in the vicinity. Of course be careful to watch and have your overboost protection enabled for this.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:53 PM
midz350

Good news, hit 10.6psi at 35% duty cycle and it pulls like crazy. Can't wait to finish the tune this week.

Almost forgot: The AFR reading in the AEM gauge is richer by almost 1.0 AFR than Haltech at WOT, but its almost the same at idle!!

Settings:

0V-5V
10-20

Last edited by midz350; 10-23-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:46 AM
binder

Good news, hit 10.6psi at 35% duty cycle and it pulls like crazy. Can't wait to finish the tune this week.

Almost forgot: The AFR reading in the AEM gauge is richer by almost 1.0 AFR than Haltech at WOT, but its almost the same at idle!!

Settings:

0V-5V
10-20
aem=garbage verses a properly calibrated haltech wideband.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:52 AM
str8dum1

^that doesnt make sense. The Haltech is the controller for both units. If his AEM gauges doesnt match what his haltech is saying, then there is a calibration issue.

All the haltech is doing is taking the raw voltage from the O2 sensor from the AEM output. The haltech uses the same O2 sensor as the AEM, so how can 1 be better than another?

As your O2 sensor wears, obviously its not going to match that 0-5V calibration. I've got my AEM matching to my Haltech. You have to adjust the voltage to the readings for your specific sensor.

Last edited by str8dum1; 10-24-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:28 PM
binder

Originally Posted by str8dum1
^that doesnt make sense. The Haltech is the controller for both units. If his AEM gauges doesnt match what his haltech is saying, then there is a calibration issue.

All the haltech is doing is taking the raw voltage from the O2 sensor from the AEM output. The haltech uses the same O2 sensor as the AEM, so how can 1 be better than another?

As your O2 sensor wears, obviously its not going to match that 0-5V calibration. I've got my AEM matching to my Haltech. You have to adjust the voltage to the readings for your specific sensor.
i thought he had the haltech widebands AND the full aem wideband hooked up meaning they would be taking signals from different o2 sensors.

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE