2 Built in UEGO controllers (External capable) Adaptive

Cam
Yes - Hall/VR capable

Crank
Yes - Hall/VR capable

Variable cam
Yes 4 cam capable

Knock Channels
2 Programmable frequency and event with individual cylinder notification - Adaptive

Misfire Detection
Individual cylinder misfire detection capable up to 16 cylinders

Nitrous Control
4 stages multiple event trigger control range. V.E. based fueling****

Boost Control
Multiple control strategies.*** Adaptive

Traction Control
Multiple control strategies.***

Fuel Pump Control
Yes*

Analog Inputs
34*

Low Side Outputs
10 total - 8-10 amp capable - 2-2 amp capable*

Tach
Yes - Software configurable

Digital inputs
8 channels - Fully programmable pre configured

High Current Bridges
3 channel sets - Used for Stepper motor control, or Electronic Throttle Control

Speed inputs

Drive By Wire
Yes

Fault coding safety
Yes**

MIL (CEL)
Yes - Malfunction indicator with fault codes

Main Relay control
Yes

5v ref
2 locations

Sensor grounds
2 locations

Key Switch power
Yes

Permanent Power
Yes

Battery Backup
No

Chassis Ground
4 Locations

Can Channels
2 Channels

Serial Connection
Yes*****

RS485 Connection
Yes*****

Internal memory
Limited to Fault logic

USB Direct Connection
No

Laptop Connection
USB

Logging with PC attached included on all ECU's. If logging without the PC connected is required, you must purchase the Pro 24pin module. This module simply connects through the CAN bus and is configurable, however it is preconfigured by Pro EFI for common channels to be logged.

*The amount of available channels is dependant upon the use of pre configured I/O such as Fuel pump, TPS, etc…

**Fault coding is a strategy used by the O.E. manufacturers. This strategy allows for the capability to trigger faults and fault actions. Features include but are not limited to multiple safety strategies for limiting boost and shutting off nitrous control under lean conditions. See your Authorized Professional EFI Dealer for more information.

***Multiple Strategies are configurable based upon time or speed. See your Authorized Professional EFI Systems Dealer for more information.

****V.E. stands for volumetric efficiency. This is a strategy incorporated by the O.E. manufacturers to more accurately determine the fueling requirements of the engine. There are several advantages to using this method. See your Authorized Professional EFI Systems Dealer for more information.

*****These communication ports are dedicated for the use of future external peripherals to be announced by Professional EFI Systems at a later date.

Adaptive - Is a term meaning that particular feature will self tune itself constantly. This is another strategy used by the O.E. manufacturers to help keep the vehicle in a constant state of tune for hundreds of thousands of miles.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:08 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The things you gain on the 128 from the 48 are in short:

*More stages of nitrous
*Differential Wheel speed traction control
*Variable cam control (the 48 leaves the stock computer controlling it, and thus far is doing an excellent job and really isn’t worth the upgrade alone.)
*Electronic Throttle control (the 48 also leaves the stock computer in control of that as well. We have seen absolutely NO reason for trying to eliminate the stock computers control over the ETC…. it does what you ask every time!)
Dual Internal Wideband O2 control
Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
Is there an updated feature matrix for the 128 vs the 48 available? The one on the 2nd page of this thread has some errors based on clarifications some have made (USB connection, individual cylinder knock detection etc).

EDIT: I did try to look for this on the ProEFI website - not even the old one is there that I can see.
rcdash, the proefi website was recently updated(not sure if you saw the site before) and the information is not there right now(new company, new site, so patience); But i do remember seeing a Spec sheet on the 48 unit just like for the 128 unit. It maybe being revised, i am not sure.

From what jason posted (i believe its also somewhere in this thread) both have USB connection, mr medic can probably verify that for you. THe individual cylinder knock detection features are standard on both units.

ninja edit. Seems like mike found the info

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-29-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:12 AM
SlideFox

Old 04-29-2008, 08:28 AM
App6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you can't control any of the cams through Haltech or is it just the intake cams?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:29 AM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by App6MT
So you can't control any of the cams through Haltech or is it just the intake cams?
That's a question for Injected, Hal knows that EMS like the back of his hand!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:37 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

You can control the intake cam on the 03-05 and intake and exhaust cam timing on the 06 RevUp.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:53 AM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
You can control the intake cam on the 03-05 and intake and exhaust cam timing on the 06 RevUp.
Thanks IP!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:57 AM
App6MT

Hey I apologize, I really didn't mean to ask about the Haltech - already knew the answer

I meant that about ProEFI from slidefox's above post: "*Variable cam control (the 48 leaves the stock computer controlling it, and thus far is doing an excellent job and really isn’t worth the upgrade alone.)"
Old 04-29-2008, 09:00 AM
1ZweetZ

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
What kind of gains have you guys seen over stock? Any dyno sheets? I know some cars respond really well, and others....not so much!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:02 AM
1ZweetZ

Hey I apologize, I really didn't mean to ask about the Haltech - already knew the answer

I meant that about ProEFI from slidefox's above post: "*Variable cam control (the 48 leaves the stock computer controlling it, and thus far is doing an excellent job and really isn’t worth the upgrade alone.)"
If I recall correctly, they can control both intake and exhaust cams with the 128, not the 48. Which is why that was said in his post.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:04 AM
SlideFox

So, are you asking if the ProEFI 48 Unit can or can not control both/either cam?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:06 AM
App6MT

Originally Posted by SlideFox
So, are you asking if the ProEFI 48 Unit can or can not control both/either cam?
Right sorry.

Can the ProEFI (48pin) control both intake/exhaust on RevUp motors?
Can the ProEFI (48pin) control the intake on non-RevUp motors?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:09 AM
1ZweetZ

Right sorry.

As Jason stated in his post... If you want to be able to control the cams, you need the 128. I think it is safe to assume that becuase you need the 128, the 48 won't control the cam.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:13 AM
App6MT

Originally Posted by 1ZweetZ
As Jason stated in his post... If you want to be able to control the cams, you need the 128. I think it is safe to assume that becuase you need the 128, the 48 won't control the cam.
Who is Jason, Slidefox?

Sorry I was just looking for further clarification. Was there a reason for leaving out cam control on the 48pin? It seems to me that the 48pin will have adaptive learning for stuff like fuel, boost (when you turn it up), and other features but it is still relying on the stock ECU to control certain aspects. Kinda like it's sharing responsibilities.

If you upgrade to the 128pin, does the adaptive learning go into cam control as well?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:14 AM
SlideFox

Right sorry.

The answer to your question is no. With the 48 Unit, you can get enough parameters to adjust, and get your self a solid tune without controling the cams. If you wanted something with even more features, then the 128 unit would be the better route to go.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:15 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

he is the 48 unit with Cam timing(controlled by stock ecu) on/off

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
In one of our previous thread's we were stressing the fact that all of the dynos that were posted were without VTC. Some had doubted the effectiveness of VTC but now that ProEFI has gotten it ironed out we'd like to share some results we've found. The first dyno posted is of a Turbonetics equipped 350z at 9 PSI (Quicksilver's car)

Here's the HP curve (as you can see there are significant midrange gains)

So we didnt clutter the graphs we have HP and TQ on seperate graphs.

Here's the TQ Curve

Now here's what alot of you have been waiting for. We tested the GT37R with and without the VTC on. As some of you know we made 706WHP previously with the VTC off. When we activated the VTC it made the curve look alot more like the GT35R curve (w/ vtc off)

HP Curve (20 psi)

TQ Curve (20 psi)

So yes, VTC does make alot of difference in the midrange.
The stock ECU doing a very good job controlling cam timing. The reason why the 48 unit is advertized more on the Z is because there is not much more 99% of the people will need so they are actually tryign to save us 800-1000 dollars vs tryign to force everybody to spend more on useless/OVerkill stuff.
You want to play around with the cam timing then the 128box is what you would want but on the Z there is not awhole lot to expect on gains...if any. Nissan did do a good job there.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-29-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:18 AM
App6MT

Thanks for the charts, looks great. Just to clarify, the green is with VTC on?

So how would one go about addressing a methanol injection setup to get the full gain out of it with a 48pin (if possible)?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:18 AM
SlideFox

Who is Jason, Slidefox?

Sorry I was just looking for further clarification. Was there a reason for leaving out cam control on the 48pin? It seems to me that the 48pin will have adaptive learning for stuff like fuel, boost (when you turn it up), and other features but it is still relying on the stock ECU to control certain aspects. Kinda like it's sharing responsibilities.

If you upgrade to the 128pin, does the adaptive learning go into cam control as well?
I am not Jason, but I do know him though.

Names Mike... Nice to meet ya!

I think, and this is strictly my opinion, with the 48 why mess with what works? If the OEM EMS does a well enough job controlling certain aspects... why mess with it. Jason is one of the most knowledgable people I know, and I'm sure he would make a valid case on why he choose to go that route with the 48 Unit.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:20 AM
1ZweetZ

Who is Jason, Slidefox?

I believe the reason the 48 does not do cam control is because that particular ecu does not have the inputs to monitor cam position.

Jason is ProEFI... he posted once a couple of pages ago with that information under IntenseFab's name.

Quick Reply: ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!