Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

taurran : "Testing new waters" with the Turbonetics ST

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:39 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
LOLZ Pretty Ironic huh?
Yeah. I've had enough of this guinea pig business for one year...

Well I just talked to AJ and I guess it didn't see the dyno today... Ugh... well...

Last edited by taurran; 12-17-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
WTF DUDE!!! I thought we were friends.

JET
No worries Larry! I'm just saying that Craig's big single should have more top end potential than a pair of td05-18Gs. Your car will probably be more fun to drive around though.......I'm not a fan of solid motor mounts on street cars.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:48 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by QuadCam
No worries Larry! I'm just saying that Craig's big single should have more top end potential than a pair of td05-18Gs. Your car will probably be more fun to drive around though.......I'm not a fan of solid motor mounts on street cars.
Thats what the 20G upgrade is for.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:49 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by taurran
Thanks Rome, I swear they issue you guys Blackberries with your mod access because the response time on issues is ridiculously fast. Good job mods!
i have a blackberry and sidekick but dont thank me thank all the FI mods we are a team
Old 12-17-2007, 12:53 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by JAMEZ
Thats what the 20G upgrade is for.
I'm hoping this turbo should flow for about 700whp. If it does not, I'll take it out and swap in an S trim turbine wheel to put me over the 700 mark. This turbo and the greddy 20g's will see similar spool/lag I beleive.

Well, that's in theory. Still waiting on the dyno to see results...
Old 12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
diwun67

This is gonna be one nice merry christmas present for you for sure
Old 12-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Devil Z

Are we gonna get some Twin vs. Single battle vids from you Craig?

LOL I wanna see you race Doug to end the bullsh1t.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Devil Z
Are we gonna get some Twin vs. Single battle vids from you Craig?

LOL I wanna see you race Doug to end the bullsh1t.
That would be a good one, But I thing craig would be a little bit out of Doug's league with the newfound power...Sorry Doug.
I think I would be a better match up for Craig,cause Im doing a custom single in my car this winter.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:02 PM
DanielW
Banned

^^^I like the new bottom line of your sig
Old 12-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry guys, i was out of the shop all day. we will try to get it on there tomorrow and see what it does. its hard when i have sooo many things to do.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:49 AM
taurran

I talked to Jeremy today at lunch, and they've had a bunch of other project work come through at the last minute. I discussed it with him and realize he's got an insane amount of work going on right now.

We're hoping to see something on it tomorrow but I won't promise because I dont even know. We did talk about some of the obsticles that will come with tuning this thing on a UTEC. He's going to get as much out of it as he can on the UTEC, but eventually we'll be doing a standalone EMS.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:07 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nyce I just woke up.. haha vacation bro. I don't know how your taking this... me being without my z for 6 months has been like a smoker without a cig for 6months...

I like yourself was also going to tune my setup off a utec but then mananged to afford a Haltech... easy to install, get everthing done at once was the way I saw it, I dont want my car ever going back to a shop again haha.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:20 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by D350Z10
Nyce I just woke up.. haha vacation bro. I don't know how your taking this... me being without my z for 6 months has been like a smoker without a cig for 6months...

I like yourself was also going to tune my setup off a utec but then mananged to afford a Haltech... easy to install, get everthing done at once was the way I saw it, I dont want my car ever going back to a shop again haha.
I feel you.... I have been really indifferent but when it comes so close its really hard to be patient. It'll be 7 months on Thursday.

I'm still undecided between Haltech and ProEFI. I'm sure I'll have plenty of data to make the decision on in a few months. The great thing about the ProEFI is I wont have to go back and retune it after the initial install. That sounds awesome to me.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:58 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel you.... I have been really indifferent but when it comes so close its really hard to be patient. It'll be 7 months on Thursday.

I'm still undecided between Haltech and ProEFI. I'm sure I'll have plenty of data to make the decision on in a few months. The great thing about the ProEFI is I wont have to go back and retune it after the initial install. That sounds awesome to me.

Yea I know thats crazy... I want to see some hard proof on the "it can tune it self" theme, sounds great but its not out yet and I need some more soild proof.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:41 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does other work get ahead of yours, that's been there so long?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:10 PM
IslandZavage

The great thing about the ProEFI is I wont have to go back and retune it after the initial install. That sounds awesome to me.
That seems too good to be true.... I'd def wait on other people trying it out..
Old 12-18-2007, 04:30 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
That seems too good to be true.... I'd def wait on other people trying it out..
That's the gist of it. I definitely am interested in seeing how well it works.

As far as why mine has taken the back burner this week, it's more an issue of prioritizing work. My car won't be ready to pull out of the place until at very least this weekend because we're waiting on my exhaust mufflers are still shipping to PF. Trust me, I'm VERY excited to get the results back, but I realize he's got a lot of motors being built and he had to take care of those so he could meet future deadlines on other customers projects He's gone above and beyond to make this project work. Another day or two won't hurt.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:59 PM
theking

I think you are on the right track with this ECU. If you can adjust injector dwell time and global adjustment and it will adjust idle long term fuel trim and cruise fuel trim(which gives you a good idea of your injectors response time and fuel flow characteristics)then this along with its ability to compensate for voltage and other VE related things then this is the all in one answer for this platform. It also looks like the knock theory for this ECU is very good. Sorry to go OT. The last time I was in Orlando the car was getting more fabrication done(image that). I can't wait to see the results. I feel your pain on the waiting game. My sleeved motor took about 8 months to come back to life. You're ex-military so you know how to play the waiting game. Hurry up to wait!!!!
Originally Posted by D350Z10
Yea I know thats crazy... I want to see some hard proof on the "it can tune it self" theme, sounds great but its not out yet and I need some more soild proof.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:01 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by theking
I think you are on the right track with this ECU. If you can adjust injector dwell time and global adjustment and it will adjust idle long term fuel trim and cruise fuel trim(which gives you a good idea of your injectors response time and fuel flow characteristics)then this along with its ability to compensate for voltage and other VE related things then this is the all in one answer for this platform. It also looks like the knock theory for this ECU is very good. Sorry to go OT. The last time I was in Orlando the car was getting more fabrication done(image that). I can't wait to see the results. I feel your pain on the waiting game. My sleeved motor took about 8 months to come back to life. You're ex-military so you know how to play the waiting game. Hurry up to wait!!!!

not really OT since OP is considering this ecu and despite whatever difference we may have we seem to be on the same page on the EMS.. ill be having the 128 unit pretty soon
Old 12-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Zilvia

jeremey i hope your shop stays this busy for a long time, maybe in 2.5yrs i can move down there and get a job with you.....

*dreams about working on Vqs all day)

Quick Reply: taurran : "Testing new waters" with the Turbonetics ST