Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Twin Turbo VQ35HR *Performance Factory Exclusive* 465whp @8.3psi base tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:04 PM
chinny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man by the age of 16 i was racing bikes. let the kid be he knows what hes doing, damn. HR > DE, thats why the dilema. *yawn*
Old 05-09-2008, 12:05 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SlideFox
I agree with you Doug.... stupidity kills! Mike could be a respectable driver, but we can't predict the future now can we...

Originally Posted by Zridder19
Again Doug, his father has more money than god and he doesnt give a chit, I've met Nick Hogan and he is he biggest toolbag ever. The kid thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Maybe this has something to do with the bad choices hes made?

Yes, Mikes mother did help him out quite a bit, that doesnt mean that he is going to use the power foolishly. Now lets stop OT'ing his thread and focus on the great work PF did, and congradulate Mike for his car.
as i said.. i hope you guys are right.. and i hear the respect the power argument all the time with motorcycles..

the problem is though.. experience rules.. you don't just wake up with experience of a 1000 CC motorcycle or a 500 hp RWD Car..

but again.. statistics say 20% of people who buy a 1000 CC Motorcycle as their first bike actually still have the bike the next season..

hopefully everything will be great for this kid.. but its hard to ignore the fact he has NO EXPERIENCE
Old 05-09-2008, 12:10 PM
jetnoirZ

Im gonna jump on this im young with a z...had it since i was 18. I totally agree that u cant just throw the, this kids gonna kill himself and or others, blanket on him. but u cant also say im totally 100% sure this kid is gonna be super responsible. I for one hope that he is as responsible as they say he is. Would be a shame to see all this work from PF scattered across the freeway.

My 0.02
Old 05-09-2008, 12:10 PM
bonkrokz

Again Doug, his father has more money than god and he doesnt give a chit, I've met Nick Hogan and he is he biggest toolbag ever. The kid thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Maybe this has something to do with the bad choices hes made?

Yes, Mikes mother did help him out quite a bit, that doesnt mean that he is going to use the power foolishly. Now lets stop OT'ing his thread and focus on the great work PF did, and congradulate Mike for his car.
theres no doubt pf does great work ,but they need to be more responsible on who they build these cars for. its kinda like giving a kid a loaded gun and say here ya go kid make some good choices .what the hell do you think hes gonna do with that car? i dont have to know him to know hes gonna jump on the highway and go ballz out or elese why did he do all that just to say hes got it, come on !!! pf shouldnt be all about the money ..

Last edited by bonkrokz; 05-09-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:14 PM
doug

Originally Posted by bonkrokz
theres no doubt pf does great work ,but they need to be more responsible on who they build these cars for. its kinda like giving a kid a loaded gun and say here ya go kid make some good choices .what the hell do you think hes gonna do with that car? i dont have to know him to know hes gonna jump on the highway and go ballz out or elese why did he do all that just to say hes got it, come on !!! it shouldnt be all about the money ..
i'm not going to blame PF on anything..

PF has customers... they do what the customers want.. this is a business.. you can't pick and choose who you want to spend money with you..

my issue is with the parents if anything goes wrong.. had they not given him the car.. or the money go to PF.. this wouldn't be
Old 05-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Zridder19

theres no doubt pf does great work ,but they need to be more responsible on who they build these cars for. its kinda like giving a kid a loaded gun and say here ya go kid make some good choices .what the hell do you think hes gonna do with that car? i dont have to know him to know hes gonna jump on the highway and go ballz out or elese why did he do all that just to say hes got it, come on !!! it shouldnt be all about the money ..

Have you read what I have been posting?!? I am PERSONAL FRIENDS with the owner!!

I am soon to be 20, and I dont hang out alot of kids even my age. For just turning 17 years old, he is a hell of alot more respectful and mature of things than I was at that age. Mark my words, that car is in good hands, dont be expecting for anything to happen to it.

I have drilled it ito his head about how serious a 500whp car is at the experience that he is at. He like a little brother to me and respects what I say. As far as Performance Factory bulding a car for a younger kid, what the hell does that matter? They had a chance to do one of the first HR's for a really nice person. Age doesnt play a factor for having work done on your car

Last edited by Zridder19; 05-09-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:20 PM
bonkrokz

Originally Posted by doug

PF has customers... they do what the customers want.. this is a business.. you can't pick and choose who you want to spend money with you..

my issue is with the parents if anything goes wrong.. had they not given him the car.. or the money go to PF.. this wouldn't be

i understand there a biss and they have to make money .. but whos at fault when something happens ? the kid , parents , or the place that sold him the product?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Zridder19

Holy hell drop it allready. Quit sh!ttin in his thread, If you wanna make another thread about young drivers/ fast cars, then go do but get out of his.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:22 PM
doug

Have you read what I have been posting?!? I am PERSONAL FRIENDS with the owner!!

I am soon to be 20, and I dont hang out alot of kids even my age. For just turning 17 years old, he is a hell of alot more respectful and mature of things than I was at that age. Mark my words, that car is in good hands, dont be expecting for anything to happen to it.

I have drilled it ito his head about how serious a 500whp car is at the experience that he is at. He like a little brother to me and respects what I say. As far as Performance Factory bulding a car for a younger kid, what the hell does that matter? They had a chance to do one of the first HR's for a really nice person. Age doesnt play a factor for having work done on your car
not that i think he should be driving a stock 350z.. because i don't think teenagers should be.. but going from 240 whp to 345 whp was scary... 345 whp to 400 whp was scary... 400 whp to 500 whp was even scarier..

i don't know if you have driven a 500 whp 350z before.. but its NOT for someone with little experience..
Old 05-09-2008, 12:24 PM
doug

i understand there a biss and they have to make money .. but whos at fault when something happens ? the kid , parents , or the place that sold him the product?
parents...

not the kids fault.. he is a kid.. he can tell his parents he wants a 1000 whp supra.. its on the parents to say NO..

its not the place fault... if he has the money for a 1000 whp supra.. their business is to turn out 1000 whp surpa's.. its on the parents to say NO .. business is a business man.. you can't discrimate on things because of this or that..

back to the parents..
Old 05-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Jonathan Allyn

I agree with Doug. 1st off Great work PF! Second lets hope the owner is responsible enough to take care of this. 500hp is a lot car for anyone to handle let alone a 17 year old. No one wants to see him, PF's work or any "innocent" person spread across an intersection.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Zridder19

not that i think he should be driving a stock 350z.. because i don't think teenagers should be.. but going from 240 whp to 345 whp was scary... 345 whp to 400 whp was scary... 400 whp to 500 whp was even scarier..

i don't know if you have driven a 500 whp 350z before.. but its NOT for someone with little experience..
I have a 400whp Z, and am perfectly comfortable in it.

I have driven a buddys 600hp Supra, and it was a rush. I agree not for the inexperienced, but again, Mike is driving around now on 4.5 lbs which is about 380whp. Until he gets comfortable with that, he isnt going to bump up the BC.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:28 PM
doug

I have a 400whp Z, and am perfectly comfortable in it.
took me some time to adjust to my power.. ow well
Old 05-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Zridder19

took me some time to adjust to my power.. ow well

Its been a year so far...

Im ready for more
Old 05-09-2008, 12:33 PM
bonkrokz

parents...

not the kids fault.. he is a kid.. he can tell his parents he wants a 1000 whp supra.. its on the parents to say NO..

its not the place fault... if he has the money for a 1000 whp supra.. their business is to turn out 1000 whp surpa's.. its on the parents to say NO .. business is a business man.. you can't discrimate on things because of this or that..

back to the parents..
your right i agree
Old 05-09-2008, 01:01 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's keep OT here folks
Old 05-09-2008, 01:14 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

^+1

Who cares how old the owner is. The fact of the matter here is that PF did a nice, clean install on the new HR motor, and it laid down some monster power considering its stock block nature.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:20 PM
App6MT

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
Let's keep OT here folks
Thread needs to be locked and cleaned up. 2+ pages of worthless posts arguing over age. Start another read.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:22 PM
SlowZster

wow, congratz PF. makes me want the HR motor over the rev-up now. As far as the fuel economy question goes, I currently average 28.2mpg in my car. That includes cool-off time, warm-up time, and hopping on it. Not too bad I would say.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:23 PM
doug

Originally Posted by App6MT
Thread needs to be locked and cleaned up. 2+ pages of worthless posts arguing over age. Start another read.
no one is arguing over his age.. we are meerly concrened over his age and the power hte car is putting down.. which is not OT.. its very relevant to the topic and was posted in the first post..

if you guys really thing people are hating and jealous and not really concerend about his welfare.. you guy need to get your heads out your as$es

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo VQ35HR *Performance Factory Exclusive* 465whp @8.3psi base tune