Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Twin Turbo VQ35HR *Performance Factory Exclusive* 465whp @8.3psi base tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:54 AM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlowZster
wow, congratz PF. makes me want the HR motor over the rev-up now. As far as the fuel economy question goes, I currently average 28.2mpg in my car. That includes cool-off time, warm-up time, and hopping on it. Not too bad I would say.

i'm guessing you do alot of highway because i can barely average 21-22 with mixed city and highway in my stock Z.

How much psi are you tuned at nad how much power you putting down? I'm thinking about going F/I but i wanted to keep my power between the 375 to 400 WHP range for reliability and still keep decent mileage for my daily commutes.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:29 AM
SlowZster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stylett9
i'm guessing you do alot of highway because i can barely average 21-22 with mixed city and highway in my stock Z.

How much psi are you tuned at nad how much power you putting down? I'm thinking about going F/I but i wanted to keep my power between the 375 to 400 WHP range for reliability and still keep decent mileage for my daily commutes.
about 40 miles a day (all highway) and I stay out of boost most of the time while commuting unless someone dumb is driving slow in the fast lane. When I dyno'd, I ran 9.7lbs of boost if i remember correctly for the 434rwhp. daily drive at 8.8lbs of boost which is about 400rwhp

Last edited by SlowZster; 05-10-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:47 AM
xDIEGOx

Originally Posted by diwun67
LOL that's exactly what my mileage computer says, but do I see that at the pump when I fill up? HELL NO. Once you get bigger injectors (like yours comes with) that number goes out the window

And I gotta LOL at the guys here saying "yeah I drove 400-500whp cars when I was 14" Who in their right mind would let a little kid drive a 4-500whp monster??

Someone that doesn't want to pay child support?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by diwun67
LOL that's exactly what my mileage computer says, but do I see that at the pump when I fill up? HELL NO. Once you get bigger injectors (like yours comes with) that number goes out the window

And I gotta LOL at the guys here saying "yeah I drove 400-500whp cars when I was 14" Who in their right mind would let a little kid drive a 4-500whp monster??
The friend I spoke of had one as a daily driver when he was 16. He drove it hard and has never had a wreck (on public streets...track is a different story).

When you have wrecked a couple dozen times on a race track pushing the limits of cars you start to learn what safe hard driving is, and what unsafe hard driving is. Thats why I recommended performance driving school, boosted cars (even some factory setups) can be particularly tricky to drive and having lots of experience on track will be beneficial.

I'm curious how an STS setup would work with the HR.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:06 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by XKR
Famous last words. Boost is an addiction...once you take a hit....you will be looking for a greater high...and when you go too high...you wish you didn't.

Don't fight the powers that be....its stronger than any human. You will not be satisfied with that low boost for long.

Yep! start saving your penny's!
Old 05-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Seb-Specialty-Z

So is this a standard Haltech Platinum? I'd like to get one.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:39 PM
vnarang

Performance Factory should temporarily come to Cali. so you guys can build my engine.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:10 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by xDIEGOx
Someone that doesn't want to pay child support?
Old 05-11-2008, 01:16 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Trying to get back on topic...

It looks like there are no MAF sensors on this car... that's very cool... Seems like the Haltech probably plays a big part in that...

Might be cool to do on an NA car... use some big inlet tubing and eliminate the MAF sensors... just thinking...
Old 05-11-2008, 03:16 AM
GodSendsDeath

Man I want my HR with that kit, congrats to that kid. But in either way you saw what hogans kid did keep it off at least busy streets.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:22 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone else would like a ban please continue to OT and/or be an idiot
Old 05-11-2008, 07:30 AM
mikez97

Originally Posted by __jb
Trying to get back on topic...

It looks like there are no MAF sensors on this car... that's very cool... Seems like the Haltech probably plays a big part in that...

Might be cool to do on an NA car... use some big inlet tubing and eliminate the MAF sensors... just thinking...
very right
no MAF because of the baller haltech
Old 05-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Zridder19

I cant wait til we see what the stock block will hold up to!!

Mike- build that other block you got so we have back up!! But at least wait til Im built so I can have a faster car for a few months
Old 05-11-2008, 08:51 AM
DRIFT ZZ

Big congrats to Jeremy and Mike for confirming how good the HR is on BOOST !! I sold my very nice Nismo'ed 03 car for my current 07 HR the first week they hit the showrooms in South FL back in Feb 07 !! When I saw the improvements in the design of the motor over the older DE, I was sold on the spot, sold my 03 Z in 3 days (carvizion.com) and bought a new HR PPW !! ( that says a lot because I am a used car dealer myself)..When I left the showroom I immediatly hit the I-95 and took the ***** up to 160 mph to brake it in with style !! Not surprised at the 500 RWHP at 10.5 psi with a killer motor like the HR..I own a 800 HP Supra garage queen, and I think the VQ35HR will become just as popular as the 2JZ-GTE, and will start getting swapped into just about everything.. ..Mike, I will hook up another Z meet soon with all the local treasure coast boyz in front of my office in St Lucie West soon, SO WE CAN ALL DROOL AT YOUR NEW BEAST !! BTW, for the record, I have met Mike a few times locally, and he seems like a very quiet well rounded responsible teenager !! SO YA'LL STOP HATIN !!
Jeremy, what is the possibilty of running an HK$ FCON V-PRO piggy back mode with the stock ECU when I decide to go FI..?? That is my current setup on my Supra...
Hughie... PSL, FL

Last edited by DRIFT ZZ; 05-11-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Sergio07350Z

in for the vids
Old 05-11-2008, 10:51 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by mikez97
very right
no MAF because of the baller haltech
Cool. I have a Haltech, too... I really like it... The Haltech plus Jeremy's tuning ability really helped my G Coupe... I have a feeling that the Haltech's popularity is just getting started...

Your Z really came out nice. Something to be proud of for sure... Need to clean her up and post some nice pictures...
Old 05-11-2008, 11:04 AM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Glad to see good results coming from the Haltech EMS, the more options we as a community have, the better for everyone.

Congrats on your kit Jeremy, I always knew the HRs would be a awesome motor from the first time we dissected one.

That power we made on our G37 should tell you alone how strong it is.

BUT, I would still recommend to keep it under 500rwhp, maybe 480ish so the customer can enjoy his car for a while. We still don't know how long they will last a 500rwhp, only time will tell that.

Was this the final kit or were you guys going to get the pipes polished or powder coated? That would look hawt!!

Congrats Mike, I bought my 350Z when I was 17, could barley afford a Injen Cold Air Intake back then lol, it still managed to get me in trouble though.

Be careful out their, the PoPo hates youngsters with nice whips

-George
GTM
Old 05-12-2008, 04:13 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks george,

we actually polished up all the pipes but it was after i got it off the dyno.

i think on the next one we will change up minor things but keep the same overall setup. i was very happy playing with it and love the knock response i was getting. i tuned it on 10.5 psi on my dyno but i gave him the car back with 4.5 (385) 6 psi (420-430) and 9 psi (470ish)

the car pulled very very smooth and i couldnt believe it was stock block.

and to all the people hating on mikes age, WHO cares? Please stop looking through peoples threads to try to find some reason to hate or start something...

If anything ever happens to the car , then say something. Should everyone beat their kids now cause they might do something wrong later on in life....??
Old 05-12-2008, 08:15 PM
mikez97

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
thanks george,

we actually polished up all the pipes but it was after i got it off the dyno.

i think on the next one we will change up minor things but keep the same overall setup. i was very happy playing with it and love the knock response i was getting. i tuned it on 10.5 psi on my dyno but i gave him the car back with 4.5 (385) 6 psi (420-430) and 9 psi (470ish)

the car pulled very very smooth and i couldnt believe it was stock block.

and to all the people hating on mikes age, WHO cares? Please stop looking through peoples threads to try to find some reason to hate or start something...

If anything ever happens to the car , then say something. Should everyone beat their kids now cause they might do something wrong later on in life....??
well put Jeremy
thank you
and ill be coming back soon
for some more stuff
Old 05-13-2008, 01:18 PM
ColoradoClark

Congrats to Mike on a sweet TT setup for his Z -- and to PF for putting together an awesome FI system for the HR.

Sean

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo VQ35HR *Performance Factory Exclusive* 465whp @8.3psi base tune