Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2024, 03:08 PM
MoneyMatt

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install

Hello everyone, I am finally in the process of starting the supercharger project. I've been collecting and installing parts for about a year with the first major project being the installation the Z1 poly bushings in the rear diff/subframe. Shortly afterwards I decided to go the collar route instead of dropping the subframe to install bushings and installed the poly version of GK Techs subframe collars.

Next big thing was the clutch. I installed a Z1 Iron Flywheel along with a McLeod Racing Stage 3 clutch kit. Clutch is broken in and ready to go. Pulling the trans on the garage floor was such a PITA and I never want to do it again lol. I accidently let the paint on the clutch sit in brake cleaner and it basically melted off :P. After the clutch was finished breaking in I installed the Torqen HELMZ test pipes. Surprisingly not too great of a fit bit that can be a different topic. I ended up convincing them to send me a second set..

Fast forward to now, I've got the intake collector and manifold off the car to do injectors, spark plugs, and valve cover gaskets. I hadn't planned on taking the lower manifold off but when I saw how nasty it was I decided to pull it off as well to clean it along with the collector. The collector isn't the dirtiest I've seen but they're certainly not the cleanest. My plan is to add some kind of a catch can setup but I haven't figured out how exactly I want to do that. The intake pipe of the supercharger has a port that (I believe) connects to the CCV port on the driver side valve cover but my ideal catch can setup would have the CCV side looped in as well. I'm not sure if a standard vacuum cap would be strong enough to withstand a supercharger. Maybe someone can chime in on that front? I would appreciate it.

Fuel pump install coming soon. I went with the Walboro 255, but I recently learned that you have to modify the fuel pump assembly a little bit by drilling out the syphon and the regulator in order to bring down the fuel pressure closer to oem pressure. Once these things are done it will be time to whip out the HKS install manual and get the kit put on. This will be a little different than Timboj's build because this is a completely bone stock 06 rev up, so the install should be fairly straightforward. I still don't have an oil cooler yet though (yes I know I'll get one). I'd like to get a 34 row, its hot af in central Texas, but I would rather get the HKS kit on and see what kind of room I'm working with.

Current kit related part list:
Walboro 255
Bosch 660cc injectors
Torqen HELMZ test pipes
3in catback exhaust - y-pipe style
NGK 7654 PLFR6A-11 spark plugs
Uprev (cable, I hadn't bought a license yet)
HKS GT v2 Supercharger kit

Pretty much based the part list off of the Z1 complete kit. Although sourcing the parts from different places has saved me over 2k

Next time I post I'll have the kit started and I'll try to take lots of photos along the way. Shoutout to Timboj, his thread and youtube videos pretty much convinced to buy the kit.
Attached Thumbnails HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-15e7603b-67ef-45b4-aef2-e5b43970a5ba.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-c876e74a-6235-4036-bd09-71b8274bbd8b.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-4bb4fd03-7ed7-4d74-80eb-cb231a29211b.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-682fc0c0-78a6-4748-a67f-abf97cf99ba1.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-0e1715f1-639f-4b5c-9b49-3ccc974de39b.jpeg  

HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-b71c13e3-04ae-4665-ad8a-ca9164ccc679.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-fb1b9f39-5a61-4240-b70f-e51280b2288b.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-e68996e4-1c2d-4a15-b03d-49491e6669c7.jpeg  

Last edited by MoneyMatt; 07-13-2024 at 03:10 PM. Reason: more thoughts
The following users liked this post:
Timboj (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 03:38 PM
Timboj

Received 145 Likes on 87 Posts

Awesome, man. Keep us up to date, especially with photos!
Old 07-17-2024, 12:17 PM
RENFRO

Received 112 Likes on 75 Posts

Great stuff. If you decide to bump your fueling up a bit, let me know. I have a used set of ID1050x injectors I'd be happy to sell you. I just jumped to 1300s since I switched to E85. I'd also consider a larger pump just to give you a bit more headroom.
Old 07-25-2024, 02:05 AM
DarkZ03

Received 492 Likes on 412 Posts

Just be aware, like the other said, the norm per most builders are a 340 or 450, with ID 1050cc which from what I hear are what the car likes.
Old Today, 05:40 PM
MoneyMatt

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ch. 1, 2, and 3 are done

Sup peeps, small update, finished up the maintenance stuff. Intake runners are clean, valve cover gaskets replaced, spark plugs replaced, fuel injectors in, installed the fuel pump, and completed the first three chapters of the manual. For some reason I thought you had to change the connectors for the fuel pump but the walbro pump matched up exactly. Wasn't able to get the rubber bit back on the fuel pump even after thinning it out, but if the noise is super annoying I'll figure something out.

Going through the manual has been fairly straight forward so far, but I've definitely noticed the small differences between the regular DE and the Revup when trying to look at the pics and comparing them to my engine bay. I learned that after August 06, Nissan started deleting the top idler pulley from the factory. My car was manufactured in September, so since I didn't have a pulley bracket, I hit up my local junkyard and pulled one off a wrecked 350z, cost me like $20.

Next thing was that my car doesn't have the extra wiring harnesses coming out of the false firewall, where the A/C hard line is comes out, so steps 8 and 9 (ch.2) didn't apply to me. Bending the small hard line isn't too bad, but I needed a 2 ft pry bar for the big pipe coming out of the compressor. And I think the wiring harness coming in front of the radiator support is different as well? Mine didn't really look like the pic they have in step 13, unless they already have some of the sensors taken off, and I'm not sure what they are circling at the bottom of the rad support. I also did not have the proper drill bit for the bumper reinforcement, so I dremeled the holes out to fit the pop nuts. No biggie. I have been using the manual they send with the kit and all the pics are black and white and its pretty hard to look at. I believe that's how they want you to run the wiring harness in step 7? Looking at the online version with color pictures clears some things up.

By far the biggest PITA for me was getting the power steering hoses off... What the actual hell. I was tearing up those hoses trying to get them off, I almost gave up. I was so close to just cutting them off and ordering some silicon replacements, but I was eventually able to get them off. Oh BTW, pro tip. Either get some plugs, or drain your power steering fluid first, don't try to be lazy like me and think "oh, I cut and prepped the traction hoses already, I'll just be quick about it." Lol Nah son. I got fluid all over the place and spent most of my time today just cleaning up the mess I made. Anyway, thats kinda how the hoses look when you prep and attach them to the existing power steering hoses, you feed them through the hole and then plug them into your cooler. Thats all I got for ch. 2

Last thing is ch. 3. Short and sweet, very simple. You really don't need a press for the spacers so don't let that scare you. I left the spacers in the freezer for a while and then tapped them in with a plastic headed hammer. Easy peezy. Just want to be quick about it though, the aluminum spacers heat back up really fast and will get more difficult to tap in. When mounting the supercharger bracket, I had run into a problem (my own doing of course) where the bracket didn't seem to want to sit flush and was rocking back and forth. Since I have exhaust valve timing, the covers are slightly different and I had accidentally removed the bolt for the valve timing control cover instead of the one next to it that sits further back (see ch. 3 step 4 for the diagram. The bolt I'm talking about is the bottom/middle one.) I was freaking out a little bit ngl. Anyways, the bracket looks awesome, and seeing it on the car makes me feel like I'm making progress. Till next time.
Attached Thumbnails HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-img_4708.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-img_4710.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-img_4714.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-img_4713.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-img_4716.jpeg  

HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-img_4718.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-img_4719.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-img_4720.jpeg   HKS GT v2 Supercharger Install-img_4721.jpeg  
The following users liked this post:
bealljk (Today)