Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Colorado prices...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 02:10 PM
grande1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Colorado prices...

Hello all...Seems there's an abundance of Z's here at the CO dealerships. I've been able to construct a deal for a track model with all options accept Navi. for a little under 33K.

What are the prices you guys and gals are achieving and what do you think of the dealer you purchased from?

Thanks Mucho....
Old 03-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Shogun
Charter Member #54

I was happy to pay MSRP after waiting 11 months.

I purchased from Tynan's. I believe everybody I've talked to in this area is satisfied with their dealer, at least nothing super negative.

Joe

Last edited by Shogun; 03-01-2003 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:20 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts
Default More power to ya!

As Shogun says, most of us pre-order customers paid straight MSRP for our vehicles. My Redline track model came from Elway South and I have nothing but good words for them.

If you are getting a comparable track model for $33K- nice going! Just be certain that you aren't getting hit by other fees (ie. trade-ins, prep fees, etc.) on either end of the deal.

De nada!
Old 03-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Mudd

I have to agree with the previous replies. I think that price is a pretty good deal on paper. I too would caution you into not getting *** raped by some of the fees and other things dealers try to hide, or not tell you about till the last minute.

I purchased from Elway North, everything there was very good, no complaints at all, they did everything I asked of them and more. You can read some of my comments about them in another thread in this forum, it's one that was started by me. I did try to order from Empire out on Colfax, they were horrible for many reasons, and I would never recommend them to anyone. Hopefully you aren't buying there, otherwise u might get raped, who knows. Just my .02

So what color are u getting?
When are u getting it?

Brian
Old 03-05-2003, 11:39 PM
grande1

Thanks Shogun, dkmura, and Mudd for the good info.

I've got it in my head that I'll be disappointed in some way when I go to the dealer, but I'm prepared to walk if it's to much.

I've heard good things about the John Elways in Denver also. Through my corespondance, I've specified I wanted out the door cost. The dealer gave me the tax total. I said no paint protection, extended warenties, etc. They did tack on a $299 "dealer" fee - whatever. If the price is right with the $299 I won't fuss.

I'm looking at siverstone, black or le mans. Most likely within this month I hope to purchase.

Can't wait to be part of the CO 350Z family
Old 03-06-2003, 05:26 AM
Mudd

The $299 fee is unavoidable. That is a fee all dealers charge no matter where you go or what car you buy. I have to say to also watch out for this thing called "Dealer Etch", $399 at Elway. They tried to sneek in this thing on me by slyly slipping me this other paper to sign at the finance room, however I caught them. I asked, "what's this?" He says "I have to pay it, it's already been done to the car" I say "well I didn't order it with the car, let me go see this before I agree to buy this". He says "all cars we sell here come with this and they have to charge it". We go see it on the car and guess what, it hadn't even been done to the car. They charge $399 to etch your VIN number in the glass. Needless to say, I am the wrong line of work, I want that job. Heck, I'm not even sure what having that done will accomplish.

Good luck with your search and keep us posted as to what happens. I'm sure if you have any other questions we all would be willing to give you any assistance that you need.

Brian
Old 03-17-2003, 12:19 AM
grande1

I looked into Empire Nissan briefly. They stated 2% above invoice, but I'm guessing (per Mudd's description) they'd screw me.

Funny thing, there's a salesman in the classified forum who started some crap about "be happy to pay MSRP+" about 2 months ago - his name was Jim Wright and he was Hayward, CA sales. The guy who contacted me from Empire was named Jim Wright.....hmmmmmm.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:28 PM
Mudd

Grande,

You can go to almost any dealer here in town and pay MSRP without even having to haggle. I know Empire has always priced their cars over MSRP, hell they even have a Market Value Increase on the Maxima of $3,000. WTF?

I know both Elway locations and Tynans in Aurora have the policy of selling @MSRP. With some negotiating skills you may be able to get under MSRP, as some people have been able to.
Whatever you do, DON'T PAY OVER MSRP!!!!......There's no reason to.

Brian
Old 03-17-2003, 07:13 PM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't recommend Empire Nissan to my worst enemy. As Brian said, you can easily hit MSRP (and probably even lower) by going anywhere else in town. I bought from Bob Patton at Elway North and have zero complaints, but you can probably do just as good at Elway South, Tynan's, or even Peak.

I just can't fathom why anyone would buy from Empire. When I went by there in January 2002 to ask about pre-order pricing, the guy I talked to said they would be charging "about $5,000 over MSRP." When I scoffed, he came back with "well, dealers on the east coast are asking $10,000 over," to which I responded "Uhhh...last time I checked, Denver wasn't on the east coast, jackass."

Good luck buying your Z. The middle of this week's alleged blizzard might be a great time to buy. The end of the month will be coming soon, dealers will be looking to move inventory, and RWD sports cars with summer tires don't exactly sell themselves when there's 2 feet of snow on the ground.

Gary
Old 03-18-2003, 09:17 AM
kohlersc

I don't know what Boulder Nissan has on hand currently or their next time frame for orders, but I will say that I have had nothing but good dealings with them when I ordered, picked up, and serviced my Z.

Can't say what I paid for mine, but I can say that you should look into Boulder Nissan as they should give you a good deal.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:42 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default The weather outside is freightening

I was in Peak Nissan on Broadway the other day and saw 4 350Zs on the lot. I did not note the models. There was 2 black, 1 brickyard and 1 blue. Call Mario, Adam or Glenn [303.762.9922].

I purchased my Z at Courtesy Nissan in Richarson, TX [my first advertiser] and picked it up September 4th. While trying to find a dealership for service was not a good experience here in the Denver area, but I was welcomed with open arms at Peak Nissan. Since our first meet, they have done 2 oil changes and installed the 3M clear coat.

Give them a call, you will not be sorry. On yeah, I was told they deal at MSRP.

At this monent I have over 3 feet of snow on the ground at my house with 2-3 feet more predicted to follow. Wonder how I'll get through this in my 350Z---I do have snows!

With the incredible amounts of snow falling throughout the front range, maybe we'll start filling our badly depleted reservoirs.