Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Pueblo Motorsports Park Safety Class- 10/2/07

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007 | 03:48 PM
ColoradoClark

Well I'm having a really difficult time finding a helmet that will fit. I new I had a big head (my wife says that is a Good Thing , but apparhently my head is a really large XXL: Mortens didn't have any XXLs, so I went over to AAI Speed -- their only XXL helmet didn't fit, but the guy said that Bell sizes are a little bit larger, so it should fit. Unfortunately, they don't have any Bell XXLs in stock. They have a shipment coming in Thursday or Friday, but he's not sure if there will be any XXLs on that shipment.

Anybody know of any other place in town that carry Bell products?

At this point I can't commit to the track training until/unless I get a helmet, but I am trying to make this work.
Old 09-25-2007 | 05:29 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2
Premier Member

Well, I have a big fat head, and wear an XL. I think Rob's is an XL as well, he was just over at my house, I'm sure he'll check the thread later, and he is fine with you borrowing it.

When you say they don't fit, what do you mean? Do you mean they physically can not go on your head, or that it just seems kind of tight inside? If it is just tight inside, thats the way they are supposed to be. Literally, mine is tight enough that it requires some effort to open my jaw, but that is the correct fit.

Dave
Old 09-25-2007 | 05:35 PM
Darrel

Where do you live? you would be more than welcome to try on and use my helmet if you're near broomfield/thornton area.
Old 09-25-2007 | 05:59 PM
ColoradoClark

I couldn't get the XL onto my head and the XXL was tight enough that it gave me a headache in ~15 seconds. The Bell site lists XXL and XXL sizes, but I need to get my hands on one, to see if I can get my head IN one.
Old 09-25-2007 | 06:04 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap
Premier Member

I beleive mine is an XL also. I'll leave it with you Dave Friday after the open track day.
Old 09-25-2007 | 08:48 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Default October 2nd PMP class CANCELLED

Unfortunately, there are only six confirmed and paid entries as of Tuesday (9/25) night:

1. Dave90TT (auditing class in his G35TT)
2. tsabrale (350Z)
3. Al Richards (Dave90TT's buddy in a Vette)
4. Lou Ordorica (VW GTi)
5. funkymonkey1111 (350Z)
6. Amarao (G35C- auditing class)

With PMP looking for $1,500 for exclusive use of the track, each of us would end up paying more than $200 to make their fee. That's simply not worth it.

This class is CANCELLED and I'll be calling PMP first thing tomorrow morning to release the track for next Tuesday. Dave90TT has indicated that he'd like his deposits shredded and tsabrale wants a refund. I'll honor both their requests immediately and ask that others let me know how they'd like their deposits handled.

I tried to extend the deadline by a few days to see if we had any more interest, but can't wait any longer. It's disappointing that we couldn't attract sufficent interest to make this a reality.

David Muramoto
(303) 752-9777
Old 09-25-2007 | 09:20 PM
Amarao

BOO!!! You got mail Dave.
Old 09-25-2007 | 11:45 PM
tsabrale
ima shirimasen
Premier Member

It's too bad we couldn't get this class off the ground. David, thank you for putting in the time and effort in trying to make it happen. It's a bit frustrating for me since I planned a trip around it. The good thing is I still get to meet up with a lot of the Colorado Z community with with Robert's cruise. Also I can just turn this trip into hanging out with some friends since moving away from there. Maybe I will hit a couple of slow runs on lookout mountain with my Z now instead of my ae86. I will definitely make it to the next planned hpdc!

-Joe

Last edited by tsabrale; 09-25-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-26-2007 | 03:03 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2
Premier Member

Well, ****!

Oh well, I was really looking forward to this again. For those that are interested, NASA is still runing their event in late October at Sandia, NM, and early November at Pueblo. Even with no prior experience, you can run in HPDE 1, which includes an instructor riding in your car, and giving you pointers (and telling you when you screwed up!) Once you are certified at HPDE 3 with NASA (which should take two weekends), you are qualified to run on open track days at Pueblo.

Let me, Joel, Gary, or David know if you have any questions regarding NASA

Dave
Old 09-26-2007 | 05:17 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap
Premier Member

Wow! I have to be honest and say I'm disappointed in the Colorado Z/G members not coming through to make this happen.
Old 09-26-2007 | 07:49 AM
shushikiary

Yea, sorry... but an unexpected 600 dollar garage door repair bill puts a kink in my budget to afford going ... my choice between paying overdraft charges to go and not paying overdraft charges to not go is.... not paying overdraft charges..
Old 09-26-2007 | 08:33 AM
tsabrale
ima shirimasen
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Well, ****!

Oh well, I was really looking forward to this again. For those that are interested, NASA is still runing their event in late October at Sandia, NM, and early November at Pueblo. Even with no prior experience, you can run in HPDE 1, which includes an instructor riding in your car, and giving you pointers (and telling you when you screwed up!) Once you are certified at HPDE 3 with NASA (which should take two weekends), you are qualified to run on open track days at Pueblo.

Let me, Joel, Gary, or David know if you have any questions regarding NASA

Dave
I will see if I can go this route. Since this is a weekend it will be easier. Sadly, just not sure if I can get the time off for driving to/from there.

-Joe
Old 09-26-2007 | 09:07 AM
funkymonkey1111

Originally Posted by dkmura
Unfortunately, there are only six confirmed and paid entries as of Tuesday (9/25) night:

1. Dave90TT (auditing class in his G35TT)
2. tsabrale (350Z)
3. Al Richards (Dave90TT's buddy in a Vette)
4. Lou Ordorica (VW GTi)
5. funkymonkey1111 (350Z)
6. Amarao (G35C- auditing class)

With PMP looking for $1,500 for exclusive use of the track, each of us would end up paying more than $200 to make their fee. That's simply not worth it.

This class is CANCELLED and I'll be calling PMP first thing tomorrow morning to release the track for next Tuesday. Dave90TT has indicated that he'd like his deposits shredded and tsabrale wants a refund. I'll honor both their requests immediately and ask that others let me know how they'd like their deposits handled.

I tried to extend the deadline by a few days to see if we had any more interest, but can't wait any longer. It's disappointing that we couldn't attract sufficent interest to make this a reality.

David Muramoto
(303) 752-9777
dave,

go ahead and shred my check, too.

is there "use" of the track on a tuesday, such that we could count on someone else coming out and ruining our fun? (e.g., can someone certified just come out and pay up for track time, and is that likely on a tuesday?)

i know we need the track in our control for the class, but is it worth chancing? or, would they work with us to have exclusive use of the track in the morning, and when we're running open exercises in the afternoon other people might be able to join in?

just trying to figure a way around this.

if you think its worth trying to schedule again, i'll be in--but it sure looks like i'll be screwed in getting this certification to run open track days
Old 09-26-2007 | 09:09 AM
funkymonkey1111

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Wow! I have to be honest and say I'm disappointed in the Colorado Z/G members not coming through to make this happen.
it's a significant issue getting a tuesday off to go to a driving class. i was fortunate this time. I have been beset by scheduling issues on the last two events.
Old 09-26-2007 | 07:29 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by funkymonkey1111
dave,

go ahead and shred my check, too.

is there "use" of the track on a tuesday, such that we could count on someone else coming out and ruining our fun? (e.g., can someone certified just come out and pay up for track time, and is that likely on a tuesday?)

i know we need the track in our control for the class, but is it worth chancing? or, would they work with us to have exclusive use of the track in the morning, and when we're running open exercises in the afternoon other people might be able to join in?

just trying to figure a way around this.

if you think its worth trying to schedule again, i'll be in--but it sure looks like i'll be screwed in getting this certification to run open track days
Sorry to say, but PMP could get other cars, bikes or whatever to rent the track and we'd have to share it with them. They have been VERY popular since SCR and the other local tracks disappeared. I was told the only way to get any exclusive time (morning or afternoon) is to put together the $1500 rental. They didn't offer any other alternatives.

Besides Dave90tt's suggestion of NASA events as a good way to get some introduction, there's also a SCCA HPDE at PMP on Oct. 20-21st to consider. They also offer instruction and you might be able to use that experience to get certified. Give me a call sometime and we can talk about it.
Old 09-26-2007 | 07:39 PM
Darrel

Imagine what we can do with the new track. First the road course will be built. Then a few years down the road, maybe 5 the autox pad. Half day of instruction in the morning, then the rest of the day on the track.

The MRA is going to have a great fund raising meeting and auction for their members on the 7th at May Farms. They are 2nd in fundraising right behind the vintage group. Next is the PCA then SCCA and coming last is the MCCA(multi car club).

Check the High plains raceway thread for any updates.
Old 09-26-2007 | 08:52 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Just to wrap up this thread, checks from these individuals have been destroyed:

Dave90TT, Al Richards (from (Dave90TT), Lou Ordorica, funkymonkey1111 and Amarao.

Waiting to hear back from tsabrale on his check...