Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

High Plains Raceway donation thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Darrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Plains Raceway donation thread

I just sent in my check backing the z club entry for the new track.

www.highplainsraceway.com

$150- www.zccc.org

The Fine Print (Be sure to read this!)

CAMA is a coalition comprised of the Motorcycle Racing Association (MRA), the Porsche Club of America-Rocky Mountain Region (PCA-RMR), Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing (RMVR), Colorado Region, Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), and the Multi-Car Club Alliance (MCCA). MCCA members are: the Alfa Romeo Club of Colorado; Audi Club; BMWCCA, Rocky Mountain Chapter; Colorado Exotic Car Association (CECA); Lotus Colorado; Mercedes Benz Club of America, Mile-High Section; Viper Club, Colorado Region; and the Z-Car Club of Colorado.

Contributions to the Capital Campaign for High Plains Raceway are not tax-deductible.

Every cent of your gift will be used to build High Plains Raceway; administrative and fundraising costs are being underwritten by CAMA.

Because this it is a sprint rather than an enduro, the Capital Campaign for High Plains Raceway cannot accept pledges.

Your contribution will be held in a restricted account, to be released only when "Construction Release Parameters" adopted by CAMA are met. These conditions are: the approval of a Use By Special Review for the project; closing on the land; procurement of 100% of the funding required for a usable facility; and the debt component of the budget not exceeding 1.6 million dollars.
For your further assurance, if the "Construction Release Parameters" are not met by 12/31/2008, 100% of your contribution will be returned to you.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

I'm waiting until mid-September, which is when I find out if I am leaving next summer, or staying around Colorado. That will determine how much I donate. Either way, I will donate, but if I am staying, it will be more.

Dave
Old 08-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Darrel

any size donation will help. They do keep a running total for anyone donating. Eventually even the little donations may add up to get your own brick.

I only wish i could donate more. Even after the track is built, there isn't a reason not to donate more in the future to pay down the loans.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:02 AM
myspivey

You could donate as a single contributer and get your own brick last i heard... You just have to give enough money.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Darrel

If you want to get a brick but can't come up with the $1k right away, they will keep a running total of the total amount you donate.

If you have a group of people that pitch in to get a brick, one person will have to be in charge of sending in the group donation. With the donation send a note letting them know that it is a group effort and you would like decals and patches for each person who donated.

There has already been a grand prix donation($10K) from a MRA member already. MRA and RMVR has been leading the fund drive in both members and money.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:29 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,299 Likes on 900 Posts

Darrel- the article on HPR was just published in SportsCar mag. The GM of CAMA called to say he was ecstatic about the publicity. Despite the article being researched and submitted over two months ago, it remains timely news and will hopefully reach a broader audience.

My own contribution to the construction of HPT has been in for over a month!

Last edited by dkmura; 08-15-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Darrel

I don't know if my capital campaign is going, but I may have one person that lives in texas contribute $1K, He wants a brick. There might be 2 clubs in california voting about contributing in their next couple of meetings. How cool would that be having two z clubs from California having bricks at HPR?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Darrel

donation amount updated on the HPR web site.

$200k so far, That is up from $166K from last week.

Kyle gave me a copy of the article you wrote David. I have been going to the MCCA meetings on the first thursday after the first tuesday of every month at the Red Lion.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Group donation sounds cool from MileHighZ.com. I can come up with a little something.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:09 AM
shushikiary

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Group donation sounds cool from MileHighZ.com. I can come up with a little something.
+1
Old 08-22-2007, 08:23 AM
myspivey

Agreed.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Darrel

If you have a chance to go to one of the track information meetings please do so. I would also recommend the guided site tour. The track has been partially staked out and will give you a good idea of how much fun and challenging this track will be.

They have updated drawings of phase 1 and also a preliminary drawing of phase 2. The track designer was there and described the features of the track and others were talking about the capitol campaign and the progress of the USR.

With the USR application having been submitted a month ago, the county gave CAMA about a 1-3 month time frame before it will be put on a public agenda and be ready for a vote. It only needs to pass one more time at that meeting then we will have the go ahead to start building the track. That can only happen if the capitol campaign is a success.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:59 PM
Darrel

I walked portions of the track land with a few RMVR members today. I took some pics but not sure if they will come out as there aren't any points of reference of where exactly the track line is.

Once they stake the preliminary track center line, CAMA is going to see about having someone clear the track line so it will be much easier to follow.

If you want to take a tour, post a message on the HPR site and someone will get back with you.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Darrel

Fund raising has been coming along nicely. $246K from 271 members. This is not including any commercial or advertising contributors.

September 8, 2007 - HPR What's Happening!

Well it is Saturday afternoon and I have just completed processing this weeks credit card contributions. This brings our total so far in the member fundraising campaign to $246,124. By the time this is released we can say that we have raised our first quarter million, which is 25% of our fundraising goal and 50% of the fundraising budgeted. To date we have had 271 members make contributions. This breaks down to:

147 members who gave up to $250
25 who gave at $250 to $500
74 between $1,000 to $1,500
18 between $2,500 to $5,000 and
7 members at $10,000 or over

Interestingly this diversity displays that every contribution is important, no matter what level. The next steps in the fundraising campaign entails personal phone calls from members of each club along with informational meetings. Both are proving to be successful and you should watch your club newsletters and web sites for details of coming events.

This past couple of weeks your Colorado Amateur Motorsport Associates, LLC (CAMA) representatives have been consumed in legal documents needed to establish the loan program. The process of providing adequate security for the lenders and protecting the investments of the member clubs is requiring massive but necessary paperwork. We expect in the next couple of weeks to have the loan company, Colorado Amateur Motorsports Lending Co. (CAMLC), formed and the loan documents between CAMA and CAMLC finalized. The law firm handling the SEC private placement memorandum is awaiting these documents to complete the process. CAMLC has verbal commitments for half of the loan goal and significant interest for the balance of the amount needed to be borrowed. In fairness to the lenders, we are not adding any of these funds to the web site contribution thermometer until each lender has signed their share of the documents.

If the thermometer were adjusted to include the committed loans we would be extremely close to the two million dollar level today and well on our way to realizing our dream of building HPR.

In the midst of the fundraising activities and legal document preparation your representatives have been working closely with the design team. Bill Howard, of Plan West (RMVR) and I reviewed our track designs with Alan Wilson, who had exciting suggestions to enhance the fun level of the circuit and provided emphasis on various safety factors. Alan's valuable input was combined recently with other ideas we have received from many of our own members' knowledge of a variety of race tracks. The result is an improved version of the track design which has us very excited. The most notable change was to make the turns down the bobsled run to be more dominant and challenging. The runoff area for the turn at the bottom of that hill was also repositioned. Also, there have been modifications to the turns at the end of the straightaway & the hairpin to make those sections safer while still as incredible. Check the website soon for postings of the new drawings and watch for announcements of informational meetings to learn more about the new configuration.

With the design nearing finality, efforts have begun to initiate the construction process. RG Consulting, our engineering team owned by Rick Goncalves (RMR-PCA), will soon begin preparation of the final grading plan. Preliminary review has begun confirming the major components of our construction estimate with the actual design. Also, the bid process to formalize construction costs and contracts will soon be underway. In the meantime, we are anxiously awaiting Arapahoe County's first response to our Use by Special Review (USR) application.

Keep the contributions coming and I will try to be more diligent in my updates.

Sincerely,

Charlie Thompson
CAMA Manager
Old 09-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

MileHighZ group,

Are we going to come together and make a group donation? I'll start with $25. More is possible in the future. Doubtful I'll be in Colorado when the track opens.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Darrel

There has been an update on the HPR site. Lists of founding contributors and acknowledgements for those who have contributed time and services so far.

Under the EVENTS link you will see that CAMA will be sponsoring another info meeting at the Red Lion Hotel which is near the stadium. The info meetings will have blueprints of the track plan and the designer and CAMA manager will be there to answer any questions.

Also take the time and join a guided tour of the track land, lines on paper don't do the track and land justice.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Darrel

I also found the county board minutes from the meeting when the zoning change was approved.

about 1/2 way down on page 4.

http://www.co.arapahoe.co.us/Departm...08-07-2007.pdf
Old 09-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Abishop

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might want to post this on milehighz.com
Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Darrel

donation update $375K from individual members. Starting capital $883K

So far we have $1,258,000. This is before any advertising and commercial monies added. When the USR is finally approved then I am sure more will be added.

Here is a sim lap of HPR.
http://www.youtube.com/HighPlainsDenver

Old 12-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

It'd be nice if whoever made the test lap animation could stay on the track....

Quick Reply: High Plains Raceway donation thread