Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

what's happening to performance nissan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Wendy
L A d y z 3 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks to hear about that~
Old 09-21-2006, 06:44 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

We got your back, lol

Javier is actually no longer with the company. His last day was Tuesday. Ask for Wil, he will take care of you on your brake install.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:23 AM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I didn't know that Perf Nissan was bought out=(
Sucks to see Javier leave. I've dealt with Wil once and he seemed pretty cool.
Only if Tim can take care of us in aftermarket parts install

Maybe we should sign a petition?
Old 09-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Janus

Wil was the guy who handled my service >_<

But on a side note. I am glad they are making it right with you. People get away with crap when they don't have any accountability.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:04 PM
josephchihweilu

andy please make sure you get your guy to watch over my car on saturday! i want to be able to come out and send out a good word for perf nissan!
Old 09-21-2006, 02:28 PM
THE TECH

I'm going in tomorrow for a "quickie", so hopefully I'll have nothing but good things to say.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:09 PM
buffmanjeff

quickie sounds good right about now
Old 09-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 979 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Smart move for perf. nissan... as it's abundantly obvious from past experience, "internet reputation" can make or break a company.

i had forgotten about them, cant remember the exact name but i remember the situation. They got badmouthed outta business due to poor business practices/customer service and lies.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:50 PM
n8vz

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
We got your back, lol

Javier is actually no longer with the company. His last day was Tuesday. Ask for Wil, he will take care of you on your brake install.
Cool. Thanks for the heads up. As it turned out, I am unable to head up to LA for a few more weeks because of work schedule. I'll talk to Wil to aim for an install in November time frame.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:51 PM
THE TECH

Well I hate to say it, but my trip to Performance was useless. Went there to have them reset the TPS for my new wheels. I was there for about 40 mins and at the end of my time, Tim comes to me and tells me that they couldn't calibrate ANY of them. He said some crap like "this happens all the time, sometimes we can and sometimes we can't." Told me it was also cause my wheels are big. None of it made sense unless the TPS system is really just a POS. Don't really know where to go from here since someone would have to have the Consult in order to really see if they can or cannot be done correctly with aftermarket wheels.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:35 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Well I hate to say it, but my trip to Performance was useless. Went there to have them reset the TPS for my new wheels. I was there for about 40 mins and at the end of my time, Tim comes to me and tells me that they couldn't calibrate ANY of them. He said some crap like "this happens all the time, sometimes we can and sometimes we can't." Told me it was also cause my wheels are big. None of it made sense unless the TPS system is really just a POS. Don't really know where to go from here since someone would have to have the Consult in order to really see if they can or cannot be done correctly with aftermarket wheels.
I had the same problem in one of my wheels and just learned to live with it, not happy but not much you can do...maybe reposition the TPS in the wheel?
The calibration signal is not strong enough if you have too wide tires/wheels.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just said f--- it and didn't bother putting the TPS in the new wheels. Didn't want them to break loose or get wet or something.

Sucks that they could not fix it, I hope they were not BSing you.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

I just spoke with Tim. He told me that you had aftermarket sensors and you also had aftermarket wheels. The Consult could not pick up the sensor's signal that were on your wheels, it might also have been because the sensor location is too far because of your rims. Tim also said that he wasnt going to charge you. Either way, Im sorry about what happened, Tim really did try but the results we were hoping for was not met. Good luck, hope everything works out and if you need any other service done please dont hesititate to PM any of us.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:06 PM
THE TECH

I just spoke with Tim. He told me that you had aftermarket sensors and you also had aftermarket wheels. The Consult could not pick up the sensor's signal that were on your wheels, it might also have been because the sensor location is too far because of your rims. Tim also said that he wasnt going to charge you. Either way, Im sorry about what happened, Tim really did try but the results we were hoping for was not met. Good luck, hope everything works out and if you need any other service done please dont hesititate to PM any of us.
Aftermarket sensors?? I told him that I didn't have the original ones that my car came with. I got another set when I got the new wheels which were also OEM. What I don't understand is that the TPS' are mounted at the very furthest distance from the car (stock). Now with them being banded inside the wheel, they can only be closer than factory. I understand that the wheels are wider, but are you telling me that a 1" difference is what is keeping them from working????
Old 09-22-2006, 04:37 PM
buffmanjeff

Aftermarket sensors?? I told him that I didn't have the original ones that my car came with. I got another set when I got the new wheels which were also OEM. What I don't understand is that the TPS' are mounted at the very furthest distance from the car (stock). Now with them being banded inside the wheel, they can only be closer than factory. I understand that the wheels are wider, but are you telling me that a 1" difference is what is keeping them from working????
That sounds like BS. I'll search this issue and see what other people are doing with adding TPS in aftermarket wheels. I know its something that has been done before (and quite often).
Old 09-23-2006, 04:51 PM
n8vz

We got your back, lol

Thanks Andy,

I called today and didn't know Sat was your day off. Anyway, the service dept was pretty busy today but I managed to get a hold of Wil. I explained my situation (living in San Diego, and can only come up to LA during weekends for the install). He tenatively booked me an appointment for next Saturday. I'll call you on the coming monday to see if the Stoptech Upgrade kit I need is in stock. Maybe one of your guys at the parts dept can keep an eye on my car when it is in the shop next weekend.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:32 PM
josephchihweilu

now performance nissan has more to worry about than bad service
Old 09-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

In stock position they are sticking out of the filler neck a little. Perhaps this allows them to communicate better with the computer.

If they are banded inside a metal rim, metal can block out electromagnetic and specifically radio frequency waves... maybe this is the problem??
Old 09-24-2006, 10:41 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Performance Nissan has done good work for me except for the overtightening of one of my rear wheels when I had my axle clicking problem fixed under warranty. I broke a wrench, and 3 sockets trying to get one wheel off!! The other rear wheel all came off with no problems...
Old 09-25-2006, 06:00 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
In stock position they are sticking out of the filler neck a little. Perhaps this allows them to communicate better with the computer.

If they are banded inside a metal rim, metal can block out electromagnetic and specifically radio frequency waves... maybe this is the problem??
Anything is possible. Just hard to believe that the system is that weak.

Quick Reply: what's happening to performance nissan?