Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

what's happening to performance nissan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 02:00 PM
cvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down what's happening to performance nissan?

i called up this week trying to get a quote for a auto trans flush. the service person i talked to (who will remain nameless) quoted me $197. fine. i asked this person why so much. 'oh it's because the fluid was $11 a quart and you need 12 quarts'. the trans fluid capacity is only 10-7/8, but fine. so do the math $11/quart for 11 quarts is $121 that leaves $76 for service. so i inquire to the PARTS department and they sold me the fluid at $6.98/ quart. good, i saved $44. so i get there today and provide all the fluids and told them to do a flush + oil change (which i provided the oil) and 3 hours later (this is WITH an appointment) they only used 3 quarts of the 11 quarts or trans fluid that i bought!!! they never said anything just sent me on my way. naturally i was pissed. so i confront the service person and asked W-T-F? so this person walks off...goes and has a chat with the mechanic (supposedly) comes back and says 'our machine to flush the system is broken so we only did a drain and fill'. say what??? after all the waiting why wasn't i notified and told they only opted for the drain and fill??? you are telling me that 3 quarts of the 10-7/8 quart trans oil capacity was changed? AND they chraged me $95 for labor!!! figure THAT out! this individual then writes on a card stating that whenever they get the machine 'ready' i can come back and they will flush the fluid for free...but i still need to bring the remainder of my fluid (yeah the 8 quarts they didn't use). i had prior engagements to attend to so i just left. i just cannot believe what is going on with performance nissan. i always make the extra effort to wake up really early and drive 40 miles form wodland hills (which by the way has a nissan dealership just 2miles from where i live) because i always felt they were so knowledgable about the Z and provided great service. lately this is not the case. i won't even get into the whole motordyne spacer mix up from the parts department...
Old 09-16-2006, 02:13 PM
zz350zz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha that's actually kind of funny...I wouldn't have left without my money back
Old 09-16-2006, 02:16 PM
chowder

Wow... that sucks that you had a bad experience with them. To date, they've been the best dealership for parts and service I've been to yet. (I tried 2 others that were worthless) I just picked up some parts there this morning. I'm sure the guys and gals from Perf Nissan will be chiming in shortly...
Old 09-16-2006, 02:18 PM
n8vz

I think their parts department is 1st rate. As for the mechanics at the service dept, they are also pretty good. But i think the problem is with their service advisors. The last time I went there for an oil change, it took the service advisor 30min to process the paperwork while I sat and wait. (It wasn't a busy day). Since then, I got access to a service lift, so it is pretty much DIY for the past 2 years.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:13 PM
AFKGuy

I went there a week ago for an oil change service and the person who did the work didn't put in the right oil brand. Instead of putting-in Castrol Syntec Blend (i even used that Castrol Syntec coupon!), they've put in that valvoline "all climate" brand .

Right before i was about to leave i noticed the little valvoline sticker on my windsheild, i immediately asked the service advisor if they put in Castrol Syntec Blend and he replied "yes". I asked why the oil brand isn't showing on the receipt (like it usually do), and he said they have a new transaction form etc. etc. So i just took his word and left but i knew they made a mistake. The Z is running normal but I hope this switch will not harm my engine in any way. To avoid more confusion in the future, i'll just bring my own oil next time.

Also if it matters, they also didn't do a good job checking my tire pressure
Old 09-16-2006, 03:45 PM
mrtomcat

very odd indeed what's been going on in LA lately. First Brainstorm goes down the drain, then Performance Nissan. I always relied on Tim in service and he kicked ***, then I found out he no longer does service for us z guys...don't know the whole story /details or if he's still there.
Once I'm due for my first oil change after my new engine build I guess I find out but I am certainly not as confident to go there for service anymore.
Parts wise they still kick ***, I hope that won't change

FYI: the service at the woodland hills nissan is some of the worst I've ever had.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:26 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

i dont trust perf. nissan workin on my car now either cuz i was already sketchy about dealers and this is just adding to my personal problems with dealers in general. oh well...what else can we do. we just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope that the dealers actually do it right the first time
Old 09-16-2006, 04:54 PM
cvt

the first couple of times i was at performance javier took care of me and he was great. then some bozo took over and it was down hill from there....overcharging me...asking me to do service I DIDN'T NEED. i play dumb to see how much they know (like asking for trans oil capacity) and i have come to the conclusion they know jack ****....

one time a service guy was going to charge me $650 for an oem headlight when some dude smashed into it. i called parts and got the SAME oem headlight assembly for $450...

this really bugs me because i was such an advocate of performance nissan. but the past year has been filled with slack service...
Old 09-16-2006, 09:39 PM
n8vz

Well, there is always Mossy Oceanside. Don't think their parts dept is as extensive as Performance Nissan, but they do have aftermarket parts for install.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:17 AM
pay

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
very odd indeed what's been going on in LA lately. First Brainstorm goes down the drain, then Performance Nissan. I always relied on Tim in service and he kicked ***, then I found out he no longer does service for us z guys...don't know the whole story /details or if he's still there.
Once I'm due for my first oil change after my new engine build I guess I find out but I am certainly not as confident to go there for service anymore.
Parts wise they still kick ***, I hope that won't change

FYI: the service at the woodland hills nissan is some of the worst I've ever had.
ya woodland hills nissan blows! ive had horrible experiences there .. biggest liars ever, amazing what theyll do for an extra buck
Old 09-17-2006, 12:41 AM
toyoter91

Originally Posted by pay
ya woodland hills nissan blows! ive had horrible experiences there .. biggest liars ever, amazing what theyll do for an extra buck
buena park nissan is right there with them. i hate the service manager. he makes everone i know that has been in there feel like they are being taken.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:41 AM
buffmanjeff

Thats BS, you need to PM Jeff on here.

Jeff@performance
Old 09-17-2006, 10:52 AM
lovetoclown

Originally Posted by buffmanjeff

Jeff@performance
For sure. Jeff always wants to know of issues so he can take them up with them. Any Issue I have had, Jeff has jumped right on it, and taken care of the problem.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:13 PM
cvt

Jeff@performance
Jeff is at parts. i have had great experiences with jeff and was the one who refered me to javier. javier took care of me very well...then i got assigned to some fool and it was downhill from there.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Vicynax

Jeff@performance

He's different from getting an oil change..

I'm just like AFKguy.. they've put in castrol when I specifically brought my own AMSOil... I know cuz I asked them if they put in my oil, but I asked the lady in the front specifically to ask the Tech if he had put in Castrol Syn. and they of course replied yes they did.... Also charged me oil when I brought my in... Well, I guess they charged me because they didn't use the oil I brought in but used theirs ... No harms done.. I'll just make sure everytime I go in that they'll do the right thing...
Old 09-17-2006, 04:01 PM
mrtomcat

I hate having to do my own oil changes, but it might be time to do so, for everything else major there's GTM from now on for me even though the drive is much further.

I'm hoping that Perf Nissan is going to get their act together again, I am amazed how something could happen, I had such great experiences with them since I got my Z.
Maybe Jeff or Andy can show this thread to their service manager and he/she can take some positive action it would be a shame if the only truly great service department in LA would go down the tubes
Old 09-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Their parts department is pretty damn good especially Andy over there, but i've only taken my car once to the service department and they dropped the ball pretty bad. I will continue to vouch for Performance Nissan for their parts department's sake, but they definitely need to improve on their Service side before I take my car there for service again
Old 09-17-2006, 05:50 PM
World Famous Z

They have been going through tons of changes lately with the buy out. The dealership was sold a few months back, and a lot of things have changed in regards to service there. I still deal with TIM when I go, He still rocks when it comes to service. But the techs have made a few silly mistakes on my cars lately as well....
loose oil filter on an oil change on my mom's truck, and overtightened SC belt on my car, which began to split.

If you set up an appointment, you have to realize that everyone who came in before you still have to have their cars finished. Setting up an appointment for anything other than MAJOR work is pointless for any dealership, because they can't leave a tech sitting there waiting just for you, it's not economical, and service is where they make good money. It's just a matter of dollars and cents. I've set up appointments too, and end up staying there a few hours for basic work too, sucks, but that's how it is anywhere. Get there as early as possible to get in and out faster.

I hope they get back to the way they used to be when I used to work there.... It's a shame things are changing there....
Old 09-17-2006, 05:54 PM
speedlimits

so any shops aside from performance nissan u guys recommend for an oil change, trany oil and plugs check
Old 09-17-2006, 06:46 PM
toyoter91

Originally Posted by speedlimits
so any shops aside from performance nissan u guys recommend for an oil change, trany oil and plugs check
i always have my oil changed at the mobile one express near my house. i figure for the 60 bucks i get mobile 1 full synthetic with mobile one filter. they also fill all my fluids up front they check the tranny and diff fluid levels and also clean my windows along with vacuum my car takes like 15-20 min max. i love it

Quick Reply: what's happening to performance nissan?