Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

bad clicking noise when stop to accelerate

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zpl
yeah they are full of shi** its ur rear axle and its not from aftermarket brakes
******, I knew it!

I'll speak to Jeff when I go to the big meet on the 15th, and schedule something. Maybe I'll just PM him to see when I can come in.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:30 PM
918 Z

i have the same clicking noise in the rear axle. when im slowly going forward or rolling it slow in reverse. it goes away once i get up to speed, it seems. once somebody gets this fixed please post what the dealership did.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:06 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by 918 Z
i have the same clicking noise in the rear axle. when im slowly going forward or rolling it slow in reverse. it goes away once i get up to speed, it seems. once somebody gets this fixed please post what the dealership did.
I had the same problem. See Jeff at W. Covina Nissan. BTW when they fixed mine it was no charge as it was fixed under warranty.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Angry

Originally Posted by 918 Z
That's EXACTLY what mine does.

The ***** at the Gardena Dealership asked me to give him a good review, when I went in for my oil change, and a new motor (yet again) for the passenger window. But they didn't wanna fix the axle....now he's gonna get his *** kicked in my Survey.....douche bag. I HATE Gardena Nissan. They sucked after the change of hands. I can't remember his name, but he was a really awesome Japanese dude, and he often did commercials on tv. Once he left, it went to $hit.

Even Cerritos Nissan with Peter Fice is much better. Anyway, I'm pissed cause they didn't wanna do the work, that I told them I had a Bulletin Notice for. He feeds me some crap cause I'm a woman, and then wants a glowing review?

**** that $hit! He can pick up his ***** at the door, after I give him a good swift kick in the man berries.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:37 PM
jkim1978

i just want to write to say thank you to frank at west covina..... i stopped by today and he checked out the problem and diagnosed the problem was low on oil...anyways.. he fixed the problem right up.... and i was out of there in about an hour..... just worried that the problem would come up.. but gonna get my oil changed in about 700 miles.. and going to take it back to west covina to get it re-checked and oil changed....

but just wanted to say thanks to frank for being a straight up guy and helping me fix that annoying problem.... Thanks Frank...
Old 04-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally Posted by jkim1978
i just want to write to say thank you to frank at west covina..... i stopped by today and he checked out the problem and diagnosed the problem was low on oil...anyways.. he fixed the problem right up.... and i was out of there in about an hour..... just worried that the problem would come up.. but gonna get my oil changed in about 700 miles.. and going to take it back to west covina to get it re-checked and oil changed....

but just wanted to say thanks to frank for being a straight up guy and helping me fix that annoying problem.... Thanks Frank...
Yup. Frank sent me a PM, and called me to come in. It's out of my way, but he went out of his way, which is a credit to him, Jeff and the West Covina Nissan dealership. Will be checking it out some time next week. Thanx ahead of time Frank for the PM and the call.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Korki Buchek

Sorry to bump this. I have the same click. Pretty sure it's the one noted in the TSB, does anyone know about warranty coverage? At this point I'm pretty intent on going back to original dealership and cracking heads anyway, but if this is covered under 60k/Powertrain, I might wait a little longer before cussing the manager out and threatening to sue.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:30 PM
SamaeLZ33

i had that same clicking noise problem on my '03. and since my warranty is over, a friend of mine who works @ garden grove nissan that its my rear axel and it needs to be re-torque. so i brought it @ shop and had it re-torque and i have'nt heard that clicking noise ever since.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Korki Buchek

Ya, the rear axle needs to be retorqued or they need to do the repacking or replacement of various axle parts as someone said before in this thread. Nissan of SM wants "about" $200 bucks to do it (which means actually around $350-400). My question is do I have to pay them $50 for warranty service or $200 for fixing this.

Actually, I am pretty sure (knocks wood) that I am going to get the dealership that sold the the car to get it "Nissan Certified Used," because of some stuff they tried to pull in the sale.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:42 AM
conceptZ33

BUMP. I had this clicking problem since i got my 2003 z track in oct. of 06. I thought it was a throw out bearing or my tranny, but i got both replaced and the noise is still there. now i'm thinking its comming from my rear or axile or somthing. i know its not the u joints, but i know the only reason people here it in 1st, 2end gear is becuase of the torgue, if there was more torgue in the rest of the gears you'd problibly here it there to. I clicks i get on the gas "click - click" like somthing is popin in,,,, then when i release the gas, once again, "click - click" like its popn out.

i'v expeirensed this click sound on 3 2003 track models that i test drove before i bought mine. so the question is.....

WHAT SERIOUSLY IS CLICKING! LOL.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Korki Buchek

Clicking is related to the real axle. It's pretty common.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:55 AM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by jkim1978

last time i heard a clicking noise and they told me it was low on oil, they had to replace my whole motor. ended up being a rod knocking.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Agentman03

Default Rear Rotor hand brake pads

After installing Drill & Slooed Rotors , I had the bottom Spring come off the Right rear Parking Brake assembly that's Inside the Rear Rotor Housing ( looks like a minature of the old style type brake shoes) and , was causing a Clicking or Rubbing type noise on every rotation I also had to re'spread out the rotor pads and make sure that they were floating and the noise went away ....
Old 04-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Agentman03

Sorry ... Slotted !!!... Type'o ..
Old 04-29-2007, 07:16 PM
9kFever

Yup, just need to get the axle nuts regreased and retorqued. Funny thing is the s2000's have the same problem. The assembly line only torqued them to a certain amount so a TSB was released with new specs.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:11 AM
918 Z

if im at 45000 miles would this b under warranty?
Old 05-05-2007, 01:31 AM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had this fixed at west covina nissan on friday. I have 40K miles and the axles were re-torqued under warranty. The service takes about 30 minutes.

I actually couldn't hear the clicking while driving, but from outside the car, the sound was noticeable.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Korki Buchek

They did it under warranty?

I have the 60k drive train, will that cover the axle thing? If so, I'm going to go have a little conversation with Santa Monica Nissan.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
They did it under warranty?

I have the 60k drive train, will that cover the axle thing? If so, I'm going to go have a little conversation with Santa Monica Nissan.
Well there is a service bulletin about this https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...0&postcount=15 so it should be covered.

The bulletin says '03-04, but my SA said all years were affected.

BTW, I was in for an oil change when the tech noticed the problem. If you come in for service just for this, I guess they could charge you if they wanted to.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Korki Buchek

Talked to Tim at WCN and set up an appointment. It turns out it is under warranty. I should have known something was up when I went to Santa Monica Nissan. I got there on a Sunday afternoon right around closing and the 17 year old at the service department asked how recently I purchased the car and told me that the dealership where I bought it might cover it.