Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

horrible experience at performance nissan.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 08:41 PM
jkim1978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry horrible experience at performance nissan.

Just wanted to share my horrible experience I had today at performance Nissan. I went there for a typical oil change and everything from the beginning went wrong. I made the appointment with Tim, and I knew that something was going to go wrong when Tim said that he was going to make the appointment but he was not going to be there. I should have waited until tim was there but I needed an oil change and I couldn’t wait a week.

Well I got the oil change but it took 1 hour more than it should have. Normally when tim is servicing my car it takes no more than 1 hour to get my car oil changed, do the low oil consumption test, and a car wash. I know this becaues i normally go to old spaghetti factory to eat lunch and come back. That does not take more than 1 hour to eat and come back. But this time, this guy named john was helping me out and it took 2 hours and 30 minutes to finish everything. He explains to me that it takes this long because of the low oil consumption test and stuff. I wasn’t complaining but I didn’t understand how tim can get my car ready faster then this guy.

Before I go any further, my car does have the oil consumption issue which tim helped me fix when he was at west Covina Nissan. That is why I always get the low oil consumption test done every time I get my oil change. The low oil consumption is constantly on the back of my mind because of the weird engine noises and the oil pressure not going up and the oil light appearing on my gauge experience. And that is the only reason why I get my car serviced from tim, because I really can’t trust anyone else to tell me the truth.

So I wait until my car gets finished from a car wash, and I pay for the oil change. The lady at the cashier says I’ll call you when your car is finished. It has been 2 hours and 15 minutes since I brought the car in. 15 minutes later I go near the cashier to see if my car is ready and its just sitting there and I am at the waiting area still waiting for that lady to call me. So now it has been 2 hours and 30minutes since I brought in my car. Its fine until now…If I didn’t go to check on my car, I think I would have still been there.

20 minutes later I leave the dealership and arrive at IKEA in Covina to look at something. And that guy John calls me and asks where I am right now. I told him I was at Covina and he says to bring my car back. I ask why and he wouldn’t say at first, then he says that a technician left a tool in my car. I told him that I was 20 minutes away and ask what type of tool it is and where he left it, so that I can drop it off next time I stop by for another oil change. He said he will call me back. 10 minutes has passed and I still didn’t get a call back. I call back to performance Nissan and ask for John. Do I need to bring my car back I ask he says yes and I ask why? He said that they didn’t put my dipstick back in. I was really pissed. This guy john first lies about a tool left in my car and then tells me the truth about the dipstick. What would have happened if I didn’t call back. First this guy lied about a tool left in my car then he doesn't call me back and i had to call him. what would have happend if i didn't call back. Would i been driving around without a dipstick and squirting oil and my engine will be smoking because of the oil burning??? By the way on the way to IKEA I was smelling oil burning all the way there. Now I knew why….

30 minutes of driving on the traffic on the 10 west… I finally get back to performance Nissan. Which is around 5:45pm now. So I wasted the whole day just at the dealership… I got there around 2pm because of my appointment and got out of there at 6:30pm. So I basically had a 4 hours and 30 minutes of oil change. By the way when I got to performance Nissan nasty oil smell was coming from my car and smoke was coming from my engine. they put the dipstick back in and cleaned my engine, but i still feel like crap. wasted the whole day for a simple oil change. stuff like this shouldn't happen... its a simple oil change how hard can that be????

I already have this thing about the low oil consumption of my engine on the back of my mind but now I have this on the back of my mind….. I’m just not having a good day…..

I guess I should have waited until tim was there…. Cause I never had this type of problems when I dealt with Tim. The service manager called me back and said that Tim would be contacting me on Monday. I’ll wait for that call.

Last edited by jkim1978; 01-20-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:45 PM
nissan350zausti
Banned

Good read.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:47 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Damn bro, sorry to hear that. I'm sure they'll make it right.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:47 PM
9kFever

Man thats a bummer. No excuse for the lying after forgeting to put the dipstick in. On a side note Nissan recently issued the new engine oil TSB. It states for them to wait atleast 30-45 minutes to allow the car to cool before checking the oil. If they rush this process they will not get a good reading on the dipstick. It actually screws you over too because there is literally oil all over the dipstick. I have gone through 3 engines due to the OC issue. I now have a lawyer and am in the works of getting the vehicle replaced with a 2008.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:53 PM
jkim1978

i understand the 30 minutes of waiting and that's what that guy john pointed out when i asked why it is taking this long... but even with the 30 minutes of waiting does is really take 2 hours and 30 minutes... that is pretty long and ridiculous..... 1 hour 30 minutes i would understand but 2 hours and 30 minutes.. is kinda long.... and when tim services my car... it does not take more than 1 hour....
Old 01-19-2008, 08:54 PM
michaeljr6

lol @ performance nissan lieing to their customers...........

imo i wouldn't go back.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:01 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it always takes longer on Saturdays no matter where you go, but not putting the dipstick back in is pretty bad.

I don't understand why more people don't change their own oil.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:09 PM
jkim1978

i understand that saturday take longer... but what i don't understand is when i dealt with Tim it would take no less than 1 hour during the 3 experience that i visited him at performance nissan on a saturday.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:18 PM
DaveZ06

Sounds like Tim is a stud and John is a lying dud. I would of blown a gasket if someone forgot to put back my dipstick and then lie about it, especially if it's a trained tech that does this for a living. Did you get anything for the trouble, maybe a free oil change for next time or something? Hope oil didn't spill out all over your engine... that would be a pain to clean.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:23 PM
jkim1978

nah i didn't get anything back for my troubles..... but the service manager said that tim would get back to me on monday and discuss the situation with me... ....
Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Pokémon

I've had recent encounters with lies coming from Performance. I won't name names :]
Old 01-19-2008, 09:27 PM
carfi179

Sorry to hear that, I'd be pissed too.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:53 PM
DRELOC

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man....i hope situation like this won't happen at WestCov cause i'm due for oil change pretty soon.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:06 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not making up excuses for Performance, but mistakes happen everywhere you go including WestCo(dealer i go to) It's just how they fix and correct the mistake that earns my trust and appreciation.

I remember the first dealer i went to. I had my car for literally one week, and because i had been driving my car like crazy it was time for an oil change already. So i take my one week old 07 Z to Buena Park Nissan for oil change. When i get my car back, there is a paint chip all the way down to the metal by my doorhandle. I politely said "i dont mean to be a pain in the ***...but you guys chipped the paint by my door handle" The manager comes and instantly starts saying "you brought the car like that to us, there is NO WAY we could have done that.."

All they offered to do was use touch up paint, but i would have to drop my car off for 6 hours.. wtf... I told the guy to have a nice day politely and have basically spread the word that Buena Park NIssan sucks every chance i get.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:20 PM
TheProfessional

You said "Tim" ten times....

I counted.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:25 PM
RPL

Originally Posted by ___DJK___
... but not putting the dipstick back in is pretty bad.
I disagree. Mistakes happen, and humans are humans. Lying about it, however, is the worst. It would infuriate me. That's low and worse, deceiving.

Don't go back. Who knows what else they could deceive you about.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:40 PM
DaveZ06

^^^ not going back is a little harsh. I say don't go when tim's not there.

Originally Posted by TheProfessional
You said "Tim" ten times....

I counted.

Last edited by DaveZ06; 01-19-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:02 PM
xpl0de

hmmm...went to perf nissan like 3 times so far and they've been really good with me...so maybe it was just a bad day? i dont know...
Old 01-19-2008, 11:32 PM
r_seng

sorry to hear that, would've never expected that from Performance Nissan especially with Tim back over there. since you didn't deal with him i understand.

no playing favorites here but, would've never happened over at WCN.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:12 AM
spyderZ

Bunch of cry babies. Get a Benz or Lexus if you want better customer service. Buwahahaha.

Quick Reply: horrible experience at performance nissan.