Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Shop Review: Sound Check in El Cajon

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 06:11 PM
lionheartednyhc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Shop Review: Sound Check in El Cajon

Holy ****. Worst experience of my life. Was recomended these guys, supposedly they are good and cheap! Well...I guess you get what you pay for. Here is what transpired, in 5 seperate visits

Day 1: So I initially went in to get a Compustar Pro 2W9000 installed. Went in, pre ordered it (it was a new product for them) and set up a date to have it installed. I show up on the date we agreed to, and then they tell me that oh oops, ordered the wrong system. Come back next week! (keep in mind I took the day off work so I could get my ****ing car there).

Day 2: So now they have the right unit. Installing the system plus a til sensor. Easy right? Drop my car off, get there 6 hours later when its supposed to be done. Cant get the tilt sensor calibrated right. Come back saturday when we have the right tilt sensor! Somwhere around here, I decided I wanted to get the Pioneer AVH-9000 installed too (see my review on that) and managed to get a good price because of all the ****ups) next time too.

Day 3: Ok, its saturday. Get to the shop. Oooh, sorry, the dude who was knows how to install that isn't here. Come back again next week!

Day 4: Ok, back again. Jesus christ. Drop my car off, come back later. Good news! Everything is intalled! Tilt sensor works perfectly. Oh, except we ordered the wrong steering wheel control module for the head unit so your going to have to come back again (oh, and another thing...its an additional 200 dollars more then we quoted you on the phone.). HOLY ****! Ok, fine. One more time, and everything will work properly. So I get in my car, turn up the sweet sweet sounds of an aftermarket head unit, check out my rear view camera, and call my friend on the bluetooth...all working perfectly. Go down to the garage to tool around with my HU and it starts to get hot so I turn on the A/C. Oh...apparently they disconected that. Doesnt work!!!!! HOLY ****! Oh, and then I realized that they used the wrong housing for the Headunit, the model for the 03-05, not 06+. Call and ***** them out. and schedule another appointment

Day 5 (today, 2 hours ago. Sooooo pissed): So i call ahead of time, make sure they got in the CORRECT housing and steering wheel control. They said, yep! Got it, we're all ready for you. So I show up..and the manager comes out with a sheepish grin. Ooops, wrong housing! We got the metra housing, but its single din! Silly us! Yell at em, tell them to install everything else and let me get on my way. I can do that part myself. Wait around for 2 hours, and it looks like they're nearing completion! Woo hoo. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the installer kept messing with the housing that covers the shifter/ac controls more then he should. Strange. Oh well. So I check it out. A/c works perfectly! So does the steering wheel controls. Get ready to get out of the car and say thanks, when I notice that that housing he was ****ing with isnt flush anymore, and wont sit properly!!!! Tries to use...duct tape...to fix it. I tell him not to touch it and and I told them I would pay half of what I owe them. **** you guys. Take off....

Driving for about a mile, when I look up to the guage to check my speed (the pod above the center console) and notice that that is not working. Are you ****ing kidding me???? Tell me its april fools, and im being ****ed with. Drove back, yelled at them. They pleaded to let them fix it. I said **** it, your not touching my car. So now I have to take my car to the dealership tomorrow to see how much **** got ****ed up...and I think I am going to call the credit card company and stop payment.

Worst episode EVER. DONT USE SOUNDCHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by lionheartednyhc; 04-02-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:03 PM
BPS2007

Holy ****, man! That is a ****in nightmare 'n a half! I'd flip out on anyone that ****ed up that many times... and DUCT TAPE!! Omfg... Yeah, stop the damn payment... they should be paying you for chrisakes. Can't believe they had the ***** to charge you an extra $200 too.. I woulda said, "Well that is about a day's work that I wasted the first day, so I now we're even."

I just bought an '08 carbon silver Base last week... I friggin love it, and I'm so happy with the color choice... been looking for about 2 months and I finally narrowed the colors down to that or this 07 daytona blue that was going for cheap... man am I happy I coughed up the cash on the 08... car is AMAZING when the sun hits it!

With all due respect, I hope my avic-d3 install this saturday is nothing like yours! JK, good luck man, you KNOW that thing is gonna sound/look nasty when it finally gets in there!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:41 PM
lionheartednyhc

Originally Posted by BPS2007
Holy ****, man! That is a ****in nightmare 'n a half! I'd flip out on anyone that ****ed up that many times... and DUCT TAPE!! Omfg... Yeah, stop the damn payment... they should be paying you for chrisakes. Can't believe they had the ***** to charge you an extra $200 too.. I woulda said, "Well that is about a day's work that I wasted the first day, so I now we're even."

I just bought an '08 carbon silver Base last week... I friggin love it, and I'm so happy with the color choice... been looking for about 2 months and I finally narrowed the colors down to that or this 07 daytona blue that was going for cheap... man am I happy I coughed up the cash on the 08... car is AMAZING when the sun hits it!

With all due respect, I hope my avic-d3 install this saturday is nothing like yours! JK, good luck man, you KNOW that thing is gonna sound/look nasty when it finally gets in there!
Nice choice! I wanted DB too..but ended up going with CS and ****ing love it! Took me forever to find one tho. And oh it does sound amazing! Just everything else has gone to crap haha. Good luck!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:50 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

damn. That is quite a story! If you have anymore problems let me know. I have a good friend who works at Socal Customs. They do amazing work and he loves when I give referrals. If I let him know you need something he can probably hook up a deal for you. Good luck with the credit card company and getting your money back.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:02 PM
lionheartednyhc

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
damn. That is quite a story! If you have anymore problems let me know. I have a good friend who works at Socal Customs. They do amazing work and he loves when I give referrals. If I let him know you need something he can probably hook up a deal for you. Good luck with the credit card company and getting your money back.
Where they located at?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:03 PM
lionheartednyhc

So canceled the payment. They will not be receiving anymore money. AMEX ftw!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, that shop sux aszz.. thanks for the heads up on where not to go.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:40 PM
lionheartednyhc

haha no worries. Would hate for someone else to go through that. Quesiton: my warranty cards / user manuals are still at the shop. Is that something I can get again from pioneer? I really dont feel like going back there again.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:54 PM
lionheartednyhc

Just got my car back from the dealership...$250 in damage to my facking car!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:55 PM
lionheartednyhc

Oh, and Forgot my favorite part from yesterday. After I was done bitching, the mgr gave me this weak *** excuse: "You know, mess ups like this is common after a custom audio install." Hmm.. ok yeah. Two problems. First..Im not getting some crazy system with massive woofers and ****. installed. Its a ****ing head unit! I could do that myself if i had the time! And secondly, these were amature errors! Its not like they were compatibilty problems, or wiring problems. Forgetting to plug in the a/c or breaking my my center console is amature sh*t! Come on now!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:03 PM
MP350

finally took the time to read this thread, ridiculous!!! That is f*ct. Cancelling the pmt, great call, hope it's back to normal soon (or at least back to where you started before they screwed it up).
Old 04-03-2008, 10:06 PM
lionheartednyhc

Originally Posted by MP350
finally took the time to read this thread, ridiculous!!! That is f*ct. Cancelling the pmt, great call, hope it's back to normal soon (or at least back to where you started before they screwed it up).
Ha yea, quite a read eh? Should be back to normal saturday...taking it to a diff audio guy to fix one two things and it will be perfect
Old 04-07-2008, 03:56 PM
lionheartednyhc

So the latest update, just in case anyone is interested:
Took my car to my friends shop (I dont know why I didnt do that in the first place, argh) to get the **** that was ****ed up made right. Thought I just needed to switch dash kits, cuz the dash kit looks wrong...easy 15 min job. Turns out the reason the dash kit looked like crap was because the entire deck/kit was installed crooked, the kit was right! And apparently all the wiring is all ****ed up. So the new audio guy needs to basically re-intall the entire system...so my cars in the shop all day tomorrow and it will cost me ANOTHER 300 dollars. Someone is going to get their *** handed to them...
Old 04-08-2008, 08:45 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Wow...... hope the new shop gets you squared away.