Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Connell Nissan Costa Mesa Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 05:49 PM
Tenn_SZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connell Nissan Costa Mesa Maintenance

I have an appt. there tomorrow morning for an oil change. How are the service techs and managers? Does anyone have a negative or positive experience there??

Thx for the input,

Tenn_SZ
Old 07-31-2003, 06:37 PM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there three times. I'd say overall (with one exception) they rate satisfactory (6 or 8) depending on which service rep you get. (Ask for Mark, he's is a good guy, has a performace or enthusiast Z). However the dealership is pretty strict about what kind of things they won't do (no aftermarket parts install or service, not even Nismo stuff).

PM me 4 specifics.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:26 PM
Tenn_SZ
Banned

cool, I just want to get to get an oil change. I just want to make sure the techs aren't monkeys and butcher my car. Or take my car for a joyride. Thanks for the advice.

TennSZ

Last edited by Tenn_SZ; 07-31-2003 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:00 PM
BullishZ

Yes. Talk to Mark Nutter. I live 2 or 3 blocks away, so I only go to Connell Nissan. Out of the 3 dealers' serivice departments I've been to (Corona, Douglas in Orange, Connell), I'd say Connell is the best. Mark is the assistant service manager, and he treats me with the utmost respect and have met all my expectations so far.

I told him I'm on the online forum. Tell him you're on that too! My name is Eric by the way... I think he should remember me. Eric with the Silverstone Z.

Recently had my window streak TSB and rattle noise handled there.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:34 PM
Tenn_SZ
Banned

cool. I live pretty close to the dealership too. Thanks for the info. peace.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:20 AM
OC_350Z

I live close to Connell Nissan too. Like 3 blocks away. I tried to buy my car from them, but they blew me off. They said that they would find the car the next day and give me a call. 5 days past and no call. I went to a different dealer and bought my car. I was dissapointed because they seemed like nice guys. Now I have to take my car to Tustin. I'm happy with the work they do so far.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:46 AM
BullishZ

Originally posted by OC_350Z
I live close to Connell Nissan too. Like 3 blocks away. I tried to buy my car from them, but they blew me off. They said that they would find the car the next day and give me a call. 5 days past and no call. I went to a different dealer and bought my car. I was dissapointed because they seemed like nice guys. Now I have to take my car to Tustin. I'm happy with the work they do so far.
I was turned off by the Sales Department at Connell as well. They wouldn't BUDGE on the markup... I bought my car at Douglas Nissan of Orange for MSRP by pre-order. However, their service department kinda sucks. Well, I had a bad experience.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:18 AM
OC_350Z

Originally posted by BullishZ
I was turned off by the Sales Department at Connell as well. They wouldn't BUDGE on the markup... I bought my car at Douglas Nissan of Orange for MSRP by pre-order. However, their service department kinda sucks. Well, I had a bad experience.
I went in looking for a Silverstone Touring with Burnt Orange leather. At the time they didn't have any Z's on the lot. They said "No problem, we will locate the car and give you a call" The next day I hear nothing... 2 Days later I call and say that I'm open to other colors all long as it's a touring. I wait a few more days and nothing. So I search for the car myself and buy it at a different dealership about 35 miles away. Soon after they had many 350Z touring models on their lot, but still no calls. It was a frustrating experience. I thought that having good credit would make buying a car easier. I guess since they can't make any money off me, they don't want to bother.

Tustin Nissan has been good to me so far. I'm taking my car in again soon, I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Old 08-03-2003, 04:22 PM
LowFuel

I had been going to Connell. They did OK for me, not Stellar. Last time I went though, for an oil change, they did not use the oil I brought (left it un-opened in the trunk). This made me wonder how many previous oil changes they "forgot".
Anyway, I've started going to Mossy in San Diego (close to my house). They've been excellent so far.