Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

How did you guys get your Z? HELP!! i want one too!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 10:19 AM
cvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking How did you guys get your Z? HELP!! i want one too!!

hey guys,

rightnow i have a 2K celica GT...and i'm ichting to get a Z. everytime i pass one or see one on the street i feel like it's taunting me to buy it. anyway, i scheduled a test drive at universal city nissan but i still have 8800 of payments left on my car. i have no debts...i get paid fairly well (over 40K), i pay my credit cars in time....the problem is i don't have enough credit (as a toyota dealership has said almost a year and a half ago...but ever since i had a credit card and have been paying it off...the car as well).

i just want to know how you guys bought the car and where......how much you put down, what car you got (basic/touring),who gave you the least hassle,what was the price of the car....things like that...i really want one bad...
Old 02-26-2004, 10:23 AM
bobowah

go to performance nissan in duarte

they will sell you a car.

As long as you have a trade or can put something down people will finance.

-J
Old 02-26-2004, 10:24 AM
ocjared

If you have been paying off your car and credit cards, you should be fine. (i.e. credit exists)

I had a dealer tell me the same thing (when my credit score was nearly 800), when I was negotiating an interest rate with them. I ended financing my car through a credit union, www.octfcu.com. I got a better rate and they offer more flexible financing options.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:33 AM
cvt

sweet!! this info is gold guys...keep them comming....how far is duarte,cali from la? and how much did you guys put down? i still owe 8800 for my celica (trade in value is like 7500) so i'm upside down there...please help.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:20 PM
ocjared

I concur.

Performance Nissan is right at the 605/210.
Just take the 605N to the 210W x-Buena Vista
pm jeff@performance or Jason@performance before you go. They will make sure someone takes care of you.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:40 PM
cvt

so how much did you guys put down? if i put down 3K will that be ok plus my trade (which i stil owe 8800....)....need more adviceplease...i just need to be as prepared as possible..being at a car dealership i feel like a peice of roast beef surrounded by vultures...
Old 02-26-2004, 02:49 PM
MastaKillaZ

again, I would talk with Jeff, Jason or Jenny at Performance Nissan. they're not car salesmen (sorry Jenny, salesperson) and they've always been straightforward with me.

other than that, I might look at selling your celica yourself... you might be able to pull more $$$ that way... maybe even pay off the car.

since I found out TODAY that my car is one of vehicles effected by the crank sensor recall I'll be going to Performance soon as well. Jeff, I left a message for Javier to call me on Monday. Hopefully you can remind him for me. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Don't go to Universal City Nissan....when I was visiting Paul last year, we looked at them....the b.s'd us big time, and barely gave us the time of day not thinking we would ever buy. Just to play with them, we went back 2 weeks ago with my Z, and spoke to a salesman asking when I could come see the new Luquid Aluminum, cause Pauley wants one too now.....the salesman said, "Liquid...huh, uh, ummmm"......clueless, and he's selling them! Duarte is your best bet on getting excellent straight forward service.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:41 PM
AmyCroft

Default This is what you need to do ! Call Ahead

Call Jeff - 626-305-3000
Jason or Jen

If a sales man comes up to you on the lot.. Don't let him engage you.. Go right to the parts department

O.K. With that

Cheers Amer's -
Old 02-26-2004, 09:25 PM
dchengmd

You're negative on your current car, it looks like. Keep in mind that if/when you trade it in and you only get $7500 or less for it, the dealership is going to tack the difference on to the price of the Z. Be sure you're able to handle the debt.

There are a couple ways to minimize this:

1. Sell your Celica privately. Invariably, you'll get more for it by selling to a private party rather than trading it to a dealer.

2. If you absolutely must trade in, then get as much as you humanly can from the dealer. That means keeping the negotiations for the price of the new car and the value of the trade in SEPARATE.

3. If monthly payment is your first concern, you might consider selling your Celica to a third party, paying off the loan on it with the money, and leasing a new Z. That is, of course, if you're willing to lease.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:55 AM
cvt

i thnk i will come out negative for my car....hopefully i'll sell it to a third party but i probably won't get much for that either. how much did you put down when you got your Z? how much are you all paying a month to get your Z? just want to get a picture of the monthly payments...
Old 02-27-2004, 08:07 AM
dchengmd

Originally posted by cvt
i thnk i will come out negative for my car....hopefully i'll sell it to a third party but i probably won't get much for that either. how much did you put down when you got your Z? how much are you all paying a month to get your Z? just want to get a picture of the monthly payments...
I'm leasing for 36 months, and put $0 down on the Z (which is always a good thing when leasing - try to keep the down payment down to a minimum). My monthly is about $550/month.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:29 AM
cvt

550 is not so bad...but i want to own...how much more will it come out to if i get the lease and want to own later? which nissan dealership did you go to?
Old 02-27-2004, 09:06 AM
dchengmd

I got mine from Power Nissan of Irvine, but I leased through a third party.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:05 PM
cvt

cool....anymore experience you guys can share with me? what was the set-up of the purchase and at what interest rate? how much you guys paying a month on average and please indicate if it's leased or bought/financed...
Old 02-29-2004, 07:18 PM
kendoll

Interest rate and all will bepend on your credit score. If your score is under it will be around 17 percent and gradually gets lower as your score goes up. So that would be key. Also with tax returns comming you really should place an ad to sell your car. But do not go to universal. I am from Las Vegas an I was in LA car shopping in October (Vegas dealer would only let you drive used Z's) I went to Universal and they sucked and did not know much especially with me being from out of state. I elt that they did not take me seriosly. However I have corresponded with Jason, and have read alot of posting about performance and that is where you really should go. Word od mouth is the best advertisemnet.
Originally posted by cvt
cool....anymore experience you guys can share with me? what was the set-up of the purchase and at what interest rate? how much you guys paying a month on average and please indicate if it's leased or bought/financed...