Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

I told you guys my car hated me (crash + photos)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 06:52 PM
djkern
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by gq_626
damn...things never change. Every thread on the So cal board turns to a flame war.

DJ! Sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with you....I'm just thankful you are OK! And ignore the comments from djkern...I've met you...and you are one cool guy.
i never said he wasn't cool. i'm sure he's a nice guy. i just hate people who brag. i don't think it's tasteful. bragging when you can take credit for it is different...but still tasteless. maybe it's because i hear my CEO every day telling me that he's buying another ferrari...or another chopper...or buying a diablo...or another benz...or another house....etc. gets sort of old after a while. it's like he's trying to prove he's better than everyone else. i just think it's because he was a loser growing up and needs to try to prove he's cool now.

sorry if i offended you la300zxtt.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:35 PM
la300zxtt

Thanks Eddie, and Sharif when I'm back on the east cost I'll try and swoop down to the carolinas and check out one of your guy's meets or something.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:43 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by djkern
i never said he wasn't cool. i'm sure he's a nice guy. i just hate people who brag. i don't think it's tasteful. bragging when you can take credit for it is different...but still tasteless. maybe it's because i hear my CEO every day telling me that he's buying another ferrari...or another chopper...or buying a diablo...or another benz...or another house....etc. gets sort of old after a while. it's like he's trying to prove he's better than everyone else. i just think it's because he was a loser growing up and needs to try to prove he's cool now.

sorry if i offended you la300zxtt.
how is crashing his car bragging, just cause he said hed buy another one?
Old 08-29-2004, 07:46 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
how is crashing his car bragging, just cause he said hed buy another one?
no he came back to say "it's ok, my daddy said he'd buy me another one no matter what" and then "yeah, and my dad pays for my books too". that's bragging. no?

crashing the car had nothing to do with it.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:54 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

i couldnt read it because of the missing punctuation but it never came off as bragging to me, more like at the mention of father you latched onto him in an angry rage.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:18 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
i couldnt read it because of the missing punctuation but it never came off as bragging to me, more like at the mention of father you latched onto him in an angry rage.
no, not really.

he posted that his dad was going to buy him a new car in the first post....then in another post said "yeah, and my dad buys my books too". it wasn't in the first post....but, yes, it was bragging.

i could care less if his dad buys it for him...he just came off snobby.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:39 AM
EL Diablo

Man TJ sorry to see what happened to your Z
Glad your ok
Hopefully I'll catch you soon in your new one
-EL
Old 08-29-2004, 10:51 PM
la300zxtt

Originally posted by djkern
no, not really.

he posted that his dad was going to buy him a new car in the first post....then in another post said "yeah, and my dad buys my books too". it wasn't in the first post....but, yes, it was bragging.

i could care less if his dad buys it for him...he just came off snobby.
"my father has informed me that he will in fact buy me another twin turbo no matter what happens." Actually my fault for not explaing it throughly enough My insuranced somehow got canceled on 7-16 misscommunication between my parents so being that insurance wont cover it my dad said "No matter what happens I'll get you another car it wasn't your fault im just glad your ok"

and "yeah, and my dad buys my books too." was to **** you off because you were actin like an *** for no reason (in my POV)....

Besides If I'm such a snoby little ***** then why are the people in this thread so compasionate?

Damn just get over it.... Tj crashed car, tj had no insurance, cuz parents went "whoops" Dad says "Its ok son I got your back well get though it togehter", Tj goes YAY I get another car so my day looks greater already....

Last edited by la300zxtt; 08-29-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:07 PM
LBC TRD

damn, have some sympathy.. the guy just totalled his Z and you get mad at him for "sounding snobby".. if you just totalled your car i'm sure the last thing you'd try to "sound" like is snobby..

sorry la300zxtt, i hope your new ride is just sweet as your old one