Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:12 PM
shaddy-z.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody know a good muffler shop in the DFW area, preferably close to the keller/southlake area? I need to get some new tips welded and some piping done. I understand there's a shop thread but it's not really updated. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:48 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

I think there is a good muffler shop in Lewisville....Old town off of Mill Street & Main....sorry I don't know the name, but there are a few shops around there that can handle what you need.

Not much help, but hopefully somebody else will chime in. I know there are some shops in the Garland Richardson area that can do it also....but that is a good drive for you.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:48 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by fithamoto
I think there is a good muffler shop in Lewisville....Old town off of Mill Street & Main....sorry I don't know the name, but there are a few shops around there that can handle what you need.

Not much help, but hopefully somebody else will chime in. I know there are some shops in the Garland Richardson area that can do it also....but that is a good drive for you.
Rich's performance muffler shop built my exhaust and did a fantastic job BUT they are in Wylie...
Old 11-17-2011, 06:07 PM
steidz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fithamoto

Thats probably Lewisville muffler, on mill street behind Lorentz auto. I had some work done there over ten years ago. Don't know if its still in the same hands but he did a good job then.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:04 PM
shaddy-z.

Its fine guys I'll probably just look around Haltom since there's a muffler shop every stoplight. Just wanted to see if you there was somewhere you would recommend.

But on a side note, I'm trying to go custom on my exhaust, what do you guys think of this tip? I found them at my local O' Reily's when I went in to replace my window motor (these things are such a pos) and they're relatively cheap. They also fit my piping since my piping is 2.25.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaddy-Z.
Its fine guys I'll probably just look around Haltom since there's a muffler shop every stoplight. Just wanted to see if you there was somewhere you would recommend.

But on a side note, I'm trying to go custom on my exhaust, what do you guys think of this tip? I found them at my local O' Reily's when I went in to replace my window motor (these things are such a pos) and they're relatively cheap. They also fit my piping since my piping is 2.25.
custom exhaust will end up costing as much if not more than exhaust that have been R&D by experts who build exhausts for a living. i have yet to hear a custom exhaust that i liked. that tip is pretty domestic if you ask me.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:28 PM
shaddy-z.

Yeah I know they spend a lot of money on their R&D. However my car came with a Borla exhaust from the previous owner, which is a little louder than stock but not loud enough for my taste so I'm just trying to get some ideas of what to do now. I could go custom true dual and basically extend my mid pipes using the borla H pipe and resonators.

True I agree with you I would want more of the HKS titanium look or just plain rolled tips but that's all I found there I didn't buy them lol. Just pondering ideas.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:38 AM
Tech@EPR

any of you guys in the Burleson area?
Old 11-18-2011, 06:29 AM
ezpotato

no, but fat Kelly Clarkson with her chubby arms is.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:20 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by ezpotato
no, but fat Kelly Clarkson with her chubby arms is.
Dang Emad, your so bitter ! I hope you get a job soon dude.

----------

On another note....I saw this posted on FB from the D-sport page....Pretty freakin amazing!

Also I had no idea you can drift in a front wheel drive car ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dGt0RnZcO88
Old 11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
bluz370

Holy **** that is crazy! on a public street. They almost hit a school bus. What in the hell is hanging out the windows?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:28 PM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Rotas might be sold - have someone coming to "check" them out today.

Wheels and Tires will be put on the Titan - TOMORROW!

New Upper Control arms for the T are on the way.. My other ones brokted...long story..
Old 11-18-2011, 12:58 PM
shaddy-z.

Alright well in my attempt to make my borla louder this is where I'm at. Let me know what you guys think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCSxblS1gG0
Old 11-18-2011, 01:00 PM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

just cut the midpipe like I did - I will let others tell ya how it sounds..

So far so good holmes - sounds good...
Old 11-18-2011, 01:12 PM
shaddy-z.

Did you cut it after the resonator? Because that's basically what I did, but since borla comes in so many damn pieces I could just disconnect the clamps and take the muffler off.

And also, did you extend your mid pipes and get tips welded? Because right now the exhaust is ending under my trunk and there are no tips. The holes in the rear bumper are just there and not filled and to me it looks awkward. The worst part is, is that I can smell the exhaust fumes because the fumes have no where to go but up into my car unless I'm driving fast. In traffic this is kinda bad.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:59 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Doesn't sound that loud....do you have oem cats still ?

If so then I would look into test pipes or HFC's !
Old 11-18-2011, 02:03 PM
shaddy-z.

Yeah it's recorded from my phone so it's not so good at capturing the full volume of the exhaust. However it's loud enough to make my plastic pieces rattle during acceleration lol. I might just put the muffler back on then throw on test pipes. Hopefully that'll make it much louder. I like the current volume though.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:29 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Yes sir, those test pipes will indeed make your exhaust very loud !

However, just be prepared to deal with the consequences of the test pipes.....like the smell of gas....or throwing a CEL ! I had mine on for less than one week before I took them off.

I for one don't like the test pipes for the above mentioned reasons. It kinda like a Ganster car or SUV that rolls up at a stop light and all you hear is Boom-Boom-Boom ! Test pipes are the same to me...just a lot of loud as sound coming from your exhaust without nothing to show for it. but just my opinion.

I will try to post some video of my exhaust with HFC's & a Nismo exhaust !
Old 11-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech@EPR

well i need a Z33 to come to my shop so I can measure for some parts I'm developing. If any of you are willing to stop by so I can take these measurements please send me a PM.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2011, 05:56 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by Tech@EPR
well i need a Z33 to come to my shop so I can measure for some parts I'm developing. If any of you are willing to stop by so I can take these measurements please send me a PM.

Thanks
Can you be a bit more specific ? And you gonna have to dismantle anything ?

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge