Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 03:32 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
Hey Travis I noticed THMotorsports is selling the Tokico D-Spec shocks with Tein S.Tech springs for $625 shipped.

I would imagine the H.Tech combo would be the same since the springs are priced the same everywhere else. That's one helluva deal.
Good deal for sure....Those tokico D specs are pretty decent also. I was going to put those in a while ago.

TH Motorsports is a good place to get stuff.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:58 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Good deal for sure....Those tokico D specs are pretty decent also. I was going to put those in a while ago.

TH Motorsports is a good place to get stuff.
I've heard good things about THMotorsports.

However, with the price I paid for my brake lines last week and the quote I got for the Koni shocks my money is going to MVP Motorsports right now. I hope to buy the Konis very soon.

I think it's a toss up between the Koni and the D-Spec. It's just that my curiosity draws me to the Koni for some reason. Maybe because Chris and Scott are both running them. If I were in the market for an affordable spring/shock combo though I would order the D-Spec/Tein deal from THM. I just don't need springs.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by B18CTOVQ35
hey guys random question. Anybody know of a apartment complex in the Plano/North Dallas area that does not have any speed bumps and offer attached garage? Besides The Shops at Legacy or Austin Ranch.
Check out mustang park apt. I used to live there, i cant remember they had speed bump, because my room was right next to gate...But i dont think they had tho...
They have an attached garage.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:45 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,106 Likes on 6,561 Posts

well got the tune done. went from 267 to 275, he said 8-12 average for the HR engine..... not as high as i hoped but the throttle response is ALOT better, smoother idle and acceleration. he programed 5 banks for me

1. 93 octane gas
2. 91 octane gas
3. cruising / hwy wont go over 80 mph or 3000 rpm
4. valet wont go over 20 mph
5. no start
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-dyno.jpg  
Old 05-18-2012, 04:46 PM
travlee
Master

Hey Travis I noticed THMotorsports is selling the Tokico D-Spec shocks with Tein S.Tech springs for $625 shipped.

I would imagine the H.Tech combo would be the same since the springs are priced the same everywhere else. That's one helluva deal.
i already have the s-techs.... but that is not a bad price, shocks are next thing on hit list
Old 05-18-2012, 04:47 PM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by Skrilla
haha...supposed to say hit ON my daughter...even funnier that I left that out
this is why i am glad that i dont have kids (that i know of) i would have to beat down someone
Old 05-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by travlee9374
well got the tune done. went from 267 to 275, he said 8-12 average for the HR engine..... not as high as i hoped but the throttle response is ALOT better, smoother idle and acceleration. he programed 5 banks for me

1. 93 octane gas
2. 91 octane gas
3. cruising / hwy wont go over 80 mph or 3000 rpm
4. valet wont go over 20 mph
5. no start
That should be 300whp on dynojet. His dyno reads pretty low

Last edited by Chef-J; 05-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:19 PM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by Chef-J
That should be 300whp on dynojet. His dyno reads pretty low
yeah it was a mustang dyno, jake estimated 290-300, if what you are saying it right then he was right on. with VDC enabled it definately kicks in alot easier than it used to, he adjusted the "drive wire" or something like that to where you barely have to hit the pedal to accelerate, it is noticably more constant with no bog.

who locally has a dynojet.... i almost want to go run on one of those to see the diff
Old 05-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

yeah it was a mustang dyno, jake estimated 290-300, if what you are saying it right then he was right on. with VDC enabled it definately kicks in alot easier than it used to, he adjusted the "drive wire" or something like that to where you barely have to hit the pedal to accelerate, it is noticably more constant with no bog.

who locally has a dynojet.... i almost want to go run on one of those to see the diff
Not that i know of, uprev has dynojet but they are in austin. You can ask steve how much does he thinks different from dynojet and his. But everyone knows mustang reads lower than dynojet.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

I think his dyno reads little lower than cobb's dyno.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:05 PM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by Chef-J
Not that i know of, uprev has dynojet but they are in austin. You can ask steve how much does he thinks different from dynojet and his. But everyone knows mustang reads lower than dynojet.
i have a buddy that live in San Antonio... i might have to make a pitstop in Austin when i go see him
Old 05-18-2012, 06:24 PM
mikes10

good greif i forgot how skinny a stock radiator is - jeesus -

Old 05-18-2012, 07:08 PM
PhGit

So I'm seriously looking at suspension now that my *** was so slow last weekend and I think that'll help. Sooo.... I'm seeing some Koni's going for pretty cheap. Also, I have stock springs. You guys think I should go with that D-Spec deal with springs or get Koni's and what springs??? I always thought I'd go with coilovers if I ever changed suspension but I really don't want a big drop but I do want way less bounce. Thoughts?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:17 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

i already have the s-techs.... but that is not a bad price, shocks are next thing on hit list
I was just saying that you could probably get the H.Tech for the same deal since they are always the same price as the S.Tech. If you want more of a drop then they may substitute springs. I think someone else asked that in the sale thread.

Originally Posted by PhGit
So I'm seriously looking at suspension now that my *** was so slow last weekend and I think that'll help. Sooo.... I'm seeing some Koni's going for pretty cheap. Also, I have stock springs. You guys think I should go with that D-Spec deal with springs or get Koni's and what springs??? I always thought I'd go with coilovers if I ever changed suspension but I really don't want a big drop but I do want way less bounce. Thoughts?
The D-Spec/Tein deal sounds like a great way to go. However, weren't you running on Hankook V12s (or was that someone else)? I ran an autoX a couple of years ago and thought my suspension was absolute crap. Then I ran last weekend's event on the same suspension, but good tires and I noticed a world of difference. Moral of the story - it could be your tires more than the suspension.

Aside from the tires it very well could be a suspension issue. What suspension are you running?

Last edited by AllstarE4; 05-18-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:21 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

i have a buddy that live in San Antonio... i might have to make a pitstop in Austin when i go see him
There has been talks of an UpRev road trip, but it never happened. Plus, JasonZ-YA now lives in San Antonio. Road trip?

edit: Post #2,000 woot!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:37 PM
PhGit

The D-Spec/Tein deal sounds like a great way to go. However, weren't you running on Hankook V12s (or was that someone else)? I ran an autoX a couple of years ago and thought my suspension was absolute crap. Then I ran last weekend's event on the same suspension, but good tires and I noticed a world of difference. Moral of the story - it could be your tires more than the suspension.

Aside from the tires it very well could be a suspension issue. What suspension are you running?
I'm on stock suspension but it is the sport-tuned suspension on the 6MT. I do have Hankook V12s and I really liked them performance-wise last year and I'm on brand new tires now. I've just noticed my ride seems more bouncy lately and with that course last weekend with a lot of zig-zagging the bounce n roll was causing issues. I have front/rear sways set pretty firm too. I'm just feeling more bouncy lately than I recall in the past. I'm kinda leaning toward the Koni's actually... Looking at suspension just makes my head spin there's so much to choose from. I just want a firm and reliable setup without much drop.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:49 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

I'm on stock suspension but it is the sport-tuned suspension on the 6MT. I do have Hankook V12s and I really liked them performance-wise last year and I'm on brand new tires now. I've just noticed my ride seems more bouncy lately and with that course last weekend with a lot of zig-zagging the bounce n roll was causing issues. I have front/rear sways set pretty firm too. I'm just feeling more bouncy lately than I recall in the past. I'm kinda leaning toward the Koni's actually... Looking at suspension just makes my head spin there's so much to choose from. I just want a firm and reliable setup without much drop.
In that case you would be fine with a Koni/xxx spring combo or the D-Spec/Tein deal. If you choose the Konis you'll need to select the correct spring to go with them. Chris has a sweet setup and you would benefit from copying that.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:10 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Shawn....Those Hankook V-12's are about as good as you'll get for DD'ng street tires & AutoX....I drove on them before I got the RS-3's and I thought they were very good cross over tire....But as far as your suspension....I would look into the koni's with some springs.....what kind ?...idk....up to you. You do have sways right ?

Travis....I'm glad your tune turned out to your favor....I guess I was a bit low.... but Jake was a bit high....so It looks like you gained a good amount.....BTW, what was your AFR ? before & after ?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:23 AM
PhGit

Yeah, sways and exhaust was my 1st mod almost 3 years ago. I have the hotchkis adjustable sways... at the time it really seemed to make a big difference but lately the body roll on hard cornering and zigzags seems to be more than what I'm used to. I guess I need to make sure something hasn't come loose 1st but do sways tend to go soft after awhile??? Maybe because I've firmed up some other things it's had an effect. In any event the stock shocks have 65k miles on them so they are probably due for a change.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:06 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Yeah, sways and exhaust was my 1st mod almost 3 years ago. I have the hotchkis adjustable sways... at the time it really seemed to make a big difference but lately the body roll on hard cornering and zigzags seems to be more than what I'm used to. I guess I need to make sure something hasn't come loose 1st but do sways tend to go soft after awhile??? Maybe because I've firmed up some other things it's had an effect. In any event the stock shocks have 65k miles on them so they are probably due for a change.
I had about the same mileage on my shocks since I just turned to 68k.

I don't know if the sways loose some of their stiffness over time....I wouldn't think so. Have you replaced your front camber arms ? and do you have Rear camber arms ? I put those on when I did the Koni's. With some Neg. camber you corner much better....but for your DD'ng you wouldn't want to keep them there.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge