Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

AAM reflash?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006 | 01:00 PM
jtgli

Default AAM reflash?

I have an 06 mt Z and have test pipes, exhaust, intake right now. Eventually I want to get headers and mrev plenum and a spacer and thats it. My question is, am I better off getting the AAM reflash or a utec/greddy managment setup that some N/a people are going? Does anyone have AAM's reflash? If so do you like it and does it make good power?
Old 09-10-2006 | 06:12 PM
jtgli

anyone?
Old 09-10-2006 | 06:14 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman
Premier Member

The reflash served me very well, but a dyno tune (not including the actual utec, etc) is pretty cheap considering and you'll be getting much more out of it. Especially with all your mods. MRC Motorsports is tuning my car right now and I must say the price is very agreeable.
Old 09-10-2006 | 07:13 PM
jtgli

well ziablo if i plan on getting headers and the mrev+ and spacer would u recoommed getting the aam reflash or am i going to see better gains with the utec or other type?
Old 09-11-2006 | 08:26 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman
Premier Member

i'd personally rather utec it. but if you KNOW you'll never mod ur car any further, u might wanna save money and reflash it. however, the reflash is prety expensive now a days, what is it, $600? when i got mine from aam it was only $350 on one of their special weekends. A UTEC will run you around 850-900 with then about 500 for tuning.
Old 09-11-2006 | 08:32 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ZIABLO
i'd personally rather utec it. but if you KNOW you'll never mod ur car any further, u might wanna save money and reflash it. however, the reflash is prety expensive now a days, what is it, $600? when i got mine from aam it was only $350 on one of their special weekends. A UTEC will run you around 850-900 with then about 500 for tuning.
exactly what I was thinkning. The reflash would be good if you are done modding.

I am actually looking into getting one just to remove the speed limiter and raise my rpm.
Old 09-11-2006 | 10:47 AM
jtgli

Honestly I most likely will be done with the car. After the headers, mrev+ and spacer, the only mod i might do is a pully, but nothing else. Im not tryin to go too crazy in mods and I think that they will serve me just fine. So would you just recommened the reflash then? Also does the reflash remove the speed limiter or is it still there? what about the rev limit on the revup? I know on the non revups it move the redline higher. Does it move the revups higher as well?
Old 09-11-2006 | 12:21 PM
Ray123

our angled plenum spacer will allow you to retain the stock strut tower brace!!!
Old 09-11-2006 | 12:26 PM
jtgli

can you give me an info on the reflash as well? does it raise the rev limit? top speed limiter gone? How about power wise, wat is the gains I should expect? Thanks
Old 09-11-2006 | 12:30 PM
Kenk2
Professional
Premier Member

I know with the rev-up motor, you cannot raise the rev limiter, UTEC or Reflash.. Not sure about the other stuff you asked..
Old 09-11-2006 | 12:54 PM
helldorado

If you're done modding, the reflash is worthwhile, especially if you have it tuned on the dyno instead of the generic reflash. Downside is that does cost like an extra $350 more though. I'd see if they offer a group buy or something, that's when I had mine done.

At that price, the UTEC becomes more attractive because you could always remove it if you de-mod the car in the future and get more of your initial investment back.

I still like the reflash as a basis since your base ECU maps will be tuned for the car and not just on the piggyback, but there are good reasons to consider the UTEC as well.
Old 09-11-2006 | 07:34 PM
jtgli

Yea im done modding once i get those parts. The other ? that I have is, now if I get reflash before the Mrev+, spacer, anad headers will I have to get antoher reflash once I get them put on, or should I be fine?
Old 09-11-2006 | 09:56 PM
jdm3fiddyZ

Originally Posted by jtgli
Yea im done modding once i get those parts. The other ? that I have is, now if I get reflash before the Mrev+, spacer, anad headers will I have to get antoher reflash once I get them put on, or should I be fine?
Now, are you REALLY done modding??? lol I saw you lookin at some certain kits there...
Old 09-12-2006 | 04:42 AM
helldorado

Generic reflash, no, because its a one-size-fits-all type tune. If you got a dyno-tuned custom program, then I would say yes because its no longer optimized for your setup.
Old 09-12-2006 | 04:58 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

I have an 06 mt Z and have test pipes, exhaust, intake right now. Eventually I want to get headers and mrev plenum and a spacer and thats it. My question is, am I better off getting the AAM reflash or a utec/greddy managment setup that some N/a people are going?
Hey its Mike from Altered!

With your setup the standard Flash will work great and save you a little money over many of the piggyback computers. You will also get additional gains not experienced with most piggybacks which include speed cut elimination, raised rev-limiter, all timing maps addressed, and throttle management.

With adding the headers and plenum, the flash will work great because one of the parameters we modify is the target air-fuel ratio feedback maps. With this modified, you can make modifications within reason and the computer will adjust fuel to maintain our programmed target air-fuel ratio.

If you do decide to go with one of the piggyback computers the UTEC is the one we recommend. The UTEC will allow you to make fuel adjustments and timing adjutments to improve performance.

Hope this helps,
Old 09-12-2006 | 05:17 AM
jtgli

Haha Jon I dunno, The JWT or vortech is still only 50/50 and atleast over a year away lol. I think that Ill be fine with these mods for now haha. But thanks for the info Mike, and youve got a Pm as well.
Old 09-12-2006 | 05:18 AM
jtgli

Oh yea so on the revups, then with your relfash speed cut is gone right? And what is the rev limiter raised to on the revup?
Old 09-12-2006 | 05:54 AM
helldorado

7500 rpm on the rev-up, IIRC.
Old 09-13-2006 | 05:55 AM
jtgli

anyone else have any info on it?
Old 09-13-2006 | 07:24 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

anyone else have any info on it?
We normally set the Rev-Ups to 7300rpm, we can set to most any desired rpm - just let us know!

Hope this helps,

Quick Reply: AAM reflash?