Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:55 AM
RedondoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning on having Shawn tune my N2O system in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:43 PM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SergEK
See my sig

Shawn Church is the man!

He is located in Wilmington/Habor Area (SoCal)
I know that shawn is one of them I was there when you dynoed with the TBS. I was the guy with the turbo G getting his headlights switched out in the parking lot.

I really want to try this after seeing shawn's demo on his car. Does this have knock control also like the utec?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:44 PM
denchan350gt

Originally Posted by RedondoG
I'm planning on having Shawn tune my N2O system in a couple of weeks.
are you getting osiris also?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:20 PM
RedondoG

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
are you getting osiris also?
I already have it..
Old 10-11-2007, 08:24 AM
SergEK

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
I know that shawn is one of them I was there when you dynoed with the TBS. I was the guy with the turbo G getting his headlights switched out in the parking lot.

I really want to try this after seeing shawn's demo on his car. Does this have knock control also like the utec?
I believe knock control is coming as is the user tunable version

IMO for 600 with a tune by Shawn this has to be one of the best bang for the buck mods we can do...especially once we have bolt-ons

With RevUps I heard alot of guys getting their tunes "washed" out by the ECU learning around it and some guys changing to speed density tuning. Then there are the issues of it coming in and out of stock map to UTEC map and hiccups....

OSIRIS is just so clean and simple that if your not shooting for more than 450whp or so its a no brainer....it can scale injectors easily too so ST or even TT guys can have a quick tune ....its just so user friendly as you saw Shawns demo.....got me even more excited to see the efficiency in which the software could manipulate the values in real time and creat a smooth pull with no hiccups....at 75 an hour time is of the essence and I think you have to do some serious tinkering for Shawn no to tune a car in more than even 2 hours ....that 150 is cheap when you consider that some standalone tuners charge than ea hour they tune a motec or some other not so user friendly system (as compared to OSIRIS)

If your shooting for 800whp than an FCON may be your only choice at the moment but for the majority of the Z community the OSIRIS packs enough punch for serious NA work and a small shot while also being extremely affordable and reliable...600....most people spend more on an exhaust than that! lol
Old 10-11-2007, 05:15 PM
denchan350gt

I don't want more than 450whp anyway that is enough for me. The numbers in my sig are on his dyno with the SS box.

I want smoother pulls if possible. I'm just worried about it working with my fuel pump and JWT FMU.

Last edited by denchan350gt; 10-11-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:06 AM
thinking

This may seem like a weird question, but I am looking at some screenshots of Cipher, and was wondering if there are any buttons below the "Coolant Test" button (within the scrolling section, above the Quit button)? It looks like the scroll bar goes a bit lower, but it could just be that particular screen capture or something.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:03 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by PunKidd
Your best bet is to try and tune on an average day and let the ECU do it's thing from there.
The ECU is VERY good at making compensations. We've tuned vehicles on the dyno in mid winter and then received logs mid summer showing that the AFR was still very close to the original tune.
These ECUs are VERY powerful from the factory.
Jared@UpRev.com
If you're trying to max out your tune, wouldn't it be beneficial to have a different tunes (maps) for the hot Summer and a cold Winter? Wouldn't the best tune for the winter ping in the hot summer?

Since Osiris flashes the ECU with "targets" for the ECU to tune towards, how can the ECU tune differently when the weather changes? Doesn't the ECU always tune towards its targets?

You know I'm not arguing with you, Jared. I'm just trying to figure out how the ECU really works. I'm thinking about a few quarter mile passes this Winter and I'd like to have the best tune possible.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Frostydc4

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile

I just placed my order today. I'm looking forward to the tune .
Old 10-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by __jb
If you're trying to max out your tune, wouldn't it be beneficial to have a different tunes (maps) for the hot Summer and a cold Winter? Wouldn't the best tune for the winter ping in the hot summer?

Since Osiris flashes the ECU with "targets" for the ECU to tune towards, how can the ECU tune differently when the weather changes? Doesn't the ECU always tune towards its targets?

You know I'm not arguing with you, Jared. I'm just trying to figure out how the ECU really works. I'm thinking about a few quarter mile passes this Winter and I'd like to have the best tune possible.
The ECU gets as close to the target as it can for AFR and ignition timing.

If you have a lot of heat (summer) the AFR will be adjusted by changing the pulse width of th injectors (ECU will adapt) and the ignition will retard slightly to prevent pinging. The cam's can also change their timing in some ECU's, I'm not sure the capability on the ones in our cars, but I'd imagine its programmed for. You might be able to get more power tuning for hot/cold, but its probably less than you think, adaptation levels are usually in the range of 20-25% for stock cars (any Fuel injected car in general) and that leaves a LOT of room for conditional variation.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Rick06Z

Last edited by Rick06Z; 05-10-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:55 PM
goodkd

What about a tune/map for 94 octane (Sunoco carries it here in central Ohio)? Is it possible and any benefit?

Last edited by goodkd; 10-16-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:35 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Foe those that have bought Osiris what would recommend for the Idle at. Here are my mods to date.

Single Exhaust = Nismo
Air Intake = K&N Seris 63
Intake = MotorDyne 5/16 ISO Spacer & Mrev 2
Pully = Unorthodox Pully "Stock Size"

I plan to add HFC's an Headers.

Thanks,

Chad
Old 10-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Rick06Z

Last edited by Rick06Z; 05-10-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:32 PM
GolfinZ

^ sounds good to me. Many people bump their idle. When they tuned my car however, they didnt bump it, they adjusted the ignition and it idles perfect!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by Rick06Z
^ I wasn't sure what idle to request either (my mods are similar to yours). I decided to request 900RPM, which is about 150 above my usual 750.

My thoughts were a slightly higher idle may help make starting in daily stop and go traffic a bit smoother/easier. Also, a higher idle will hopefully reduce my tranny rattle when stopped with the clutch out (it does seem to lessen if I increase the RPMs a bit).

Also curious to hear others' comments on this.
It can also cause you to get worse city mileage.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Roger V

Originally Posted by SergEK
I believe knock control is coming as is the user tunable version

IMO for 600 with a tune by Shawn this has to be one of the best bang for the buck mods we can do...especially once we have bolt-ons

With RevUps I heard alot of guys getting their tunes "washed" out by the ECU learning around it and some guys changing to speed density tuning. Then there are the issues of it coming in and out of stock map to UTEC map and hiccups....

OSIRIS is just so clean and simple that if your not shooting for more than 450whp or so its a no brainer....it can scale injectors easily too so ST or even TT guys can have a quick tune ....its just so user friendly as you saw Shawns demo.....got me even more excited to see the efficiency in which the software could manipulate the values in real time and creat a smooth pull with no hiccups....at 75 an hour time is of the essence and I think you have to do some serious tinkering for Shawn no to tune a car in more than even 2 hours ....that 150 is cheap when you consider that some standalone tuners charge than ea hour they tune a motec or some other not so user friendly system (as compared to OSIRIS)

If your shooting for 800whp than an FCON may be your only choice at the moment but for the majority of the Z community the OSIRIS packs enough punch for serious NA work and a small shot while also being extremely affordable and reliable...600....most people spend more on an exhaust than that! lol
What is the deal at church's with Osiris?
Old 10-16-2007, 05:32 PM
RedondoG

Church sells the Osiris system and does custom tunes on the dyno.
Call Shawn Church for the pricing structure.
I have an appointment Thursday at 10:00 for a custom tune.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Rick06Z

Last edited by Rick06Z; 05-10-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:41 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

I didn't have Osiris change my idle. My G idles at 600rpm normally and at 800rpm with the air conditioning on.

Remember that you can adjust the idle plus or minus 250 rpms with Cipher. Cipher comes as part of the Osiris package.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev