Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:54 AM
laswyguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wtf.. 3 hp? i thought the utec was able to squeeze out 12 hp stock??
Old 09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by laswyguy
wtf.. 3 hp? i thought the utec was able to squeeze out 12 hp stock??
Where do you see that he only got 3 HP?
Old 09-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Anu2g

Originally Posted by __jb
?? Perhaps you're comparing the hp and tq?

if you look at the number, he's getting 3hp
Old 09-14-2007, 11:36 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Anu2g
?? Perhaps you're comparing the hp and tq?

if you look at the number, he's getting 3hp
My bad...

I didn't see that the third run was for Osiris stock map. I thought all three were for Osiris tuned maps.

Another note is that he really only has half the Osiris process complete. thinking has loaded the Osiris generic maps for his mods. He hasn't logged the 0-60mph runs and sent them in for a custom map yet. The custom map results will be what we want to compare to the stock map.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:42 AM
tywinter

Originally Posted by Anu2g
let me know how that goes...maybe u can show it to me at the next meet
The ROM is all loaded and the car runs good so far. We will see if I can get it to help my slow asx times...(fairly new to running times and lots of fun and learning to do)

I did use the cipher portion of the software to smooth out my idle, worked great!!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:16 PM
laswyguy

Originally Posted by __jb

Fully stock (no mods) Dynojet dyno test...
Pull 1 (Osiris tuned map) - 231.91HP / 226.18TQ
Pull 2 (Osiris tuned map) - 233.00HP / 227.03TQ
Pull 3 (Osiris stock map) - 229.46HP / 229.32TQ

dude.. he gained 3.5 hp but lost 2 lbs of torque.... so he didn't gain ****.. sorry but dyno doesn't lie..
Old 09-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by laswyguy
Fully stock (no mods) Dynojet dyno test...
Pull 1 (Osiris tuned map) - 231.91HP / 226.18TQ
Pull 2 (Osiris tuned map) - 233.00HP / 227.03TQ
Pull 3 (Osiris stock map) - 229.46HP / 229.32TQ

dude.. he gained 3.5 hp but lost 2 lbs of torque.... so he didn't gain ****.. sorry but dyno doesn't lie..
What you arent understanding is every car is different. The base map serves as a starting point. On a completely stock car with a new "more aggressive" base map what do you expect to see? There is no way to send out each person a base map that will gain "12 hp" thats a load of crap, and if you are expecting that you should get a grip. Once he has sent some logs into UpRev for fine tuning specific to his car, then we can compare the numbers.

Also, I see you have most boltons and like yourself, I do as well. I noticed a HUGE dropoff in my power curve in the lower RPMS and upper RPMS after modding my car. The mid/mid-high power was great, but something just didnt feel right. After my Osiris base map was installed, the car woke itself up again. I actually felt what I expected from the mods I had done previously. If you are running full boltons without any sort of tune, I suggest you try this product. With that said, I will have my dyno in a week or two.

PS: Dyno's are NOT that accurate. The numbers you see and the fluctuation in the HP and TQ is common. 3.5 hp and -2ftlbs probably wasnt from Osiris. It was probably just the fluctuation between each run.

Last edited by Conceyted; 09-16-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:37 AM
CarlosCh

One car is definitely unique in several aspects... even if they have the same engine and everything else.

For example the numbers above for thinking: that is a very good compared to some stock dynos I have seen here and in other sites. Mine were better when bone stock back in the day though (238whp/236ft/lb).

Since my car was doing great to start with, some mods have not shown huge improvements, I can live with that. Now I am waiting to get some maps from UpRev and see how much will Osiris actually help me out. I am hopeful that it will be good enough, based on what I have seen so far.

And I think that it is pretty clear that a personalized tune will always be much more better than a 'generic' one. The first step with Osiris is generic, so the best is yet to come, I guess.

C.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Marshall2K

I just placed my Osiris order today. I am so excited!

I noticed that the website order form has been updated. There is now an area to select the G35 and the extra 2 mappings. This is great and makes me feel better using it. UpRev, you may want to add a <br> html tag after each mapping area in the order form, so you can seperate them with a line. They kind of run together a little bit. But I added the mapping numbers in the comments field, just incase I screwed up

Here is my car info and mappings I am going with for my base Osiris tune:

Vehicle:
Infiniti G35
Sport Coupe
Manual Transmission

Mod List:
(Intake, Spacer, Cats)
Stillen Intake with Z-tube
Skunk2 Plenum Spacer 5/8” with Coolant Bypass
Crawford High Flow Catalytic Converters
UR Crank Pulley

Idle Speed set:
800 rpm

Tuning Stages:
Stage 1: Stock 100%
Stage 2: Economy: Stock + AFR + ETC - Speed 79 mph, 5000 rpm (87/89 octane)
Stage 3: Valet: 3500 rpm limit, 40 mph
Stage 4: Sport: 91 octane tune, 7100 rpm, 180 mph (full tune current mods)
Stage 5: Drag: 93 octane tune, 7200 rpm, 180 mph (full tune current mods)

Thanks UpRev Matt for taking the time to call me and patiently answer all my questions in great detail.

I am going to run my new Cipher to datalog while on a Dyno. I will post those results in a couple weeks.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:06 AM
tywinter

Hey marshal

You might want to get the "Valet" set lower. I have one set for 2500 and it still spins the tires...for a second.

I plan to use it for "Launch Control".
Old 09-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Beeker

Is it possible to completely remove the reflash yet?

The reason I ask is because I have an oil consumption problem. I am nervous that if Nissan has to look at my car they may find the reflash and void the warranty.

Last edited by Beeker; 09-17-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:31 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by Beeker
Is it possible to completely remove the reflash yet?

The reason I ask is because I have an oil consumption problem. I am nervous that if Nissan has to look my car they may find the reflash and void the warranty.
It's not in the software yet, but I can work w/ you to get a 100% stock ROM flashed onto the ECU and then get it flashed back to your tuned map after you get it back. It just takes a bit of back and fourth w/ me via email. We've done it a couple of times already.
Jared@UpRev.com
Old 09-20-2007, 10:09 PM
SunsetSunrise

Ok I just read all 22 pages on Osiris.
Whew!
1. For '03 what is the additional cost for extra parts?
2. If i purchase a used Osiris, do I get the ownership of the original License?
3. If decide to sell Osiris, I must remove the upgrade/tune from my ECU?

Thank you
Old 09-21-2007, 08:21 AM
r3zon8

dollar for dollar, on a stock 2006 Z with 0 mods, i think you will get more HP/TQ gains out of the MDE MREV2 + 5/16 ISO Spacer upgrade combination, than just the OSIRIS upgrade.

in the end, mrev2+spacer+osiris tuned map would be a perfect match, but theres more gains to be had by spending $700 first on mrev2+iso, THEN another 700 on OSIRIS tune.

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/powe...ges/index.html

just my 2c.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:44 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by SunsetSunrise
Ok I just read all 22 pages on Osiris.
Whew!
1. For '03 what is the additional cost for extra parts?
2. If i purchase a used Osiris, do I get the ownership of the original License?
3. If decide to sell Osiris, I must remove the upgrade/tune from my ECU?

Thank you
I don't think Cipher currently reads sensors other than the OEM versions that are installed in the '04.5+ VQs. You could get Osiris and load the maps UpRev creates for you, but you couldn't use Cipher to log runs for a custom profile.

I'm also not sure how/if you can purchase a copy of Osiris used. I think Jared/Punkidd will have to answer that one.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:45 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by r3zon8
dollar for dollar, on a stock 2006 Z with 0 mods, i think you will get more HP/TQ gains out of the MDE MREV2 + 5/16 ISO Spacer upgrade combination, than just the OSIRIS upgrade.

in the end, mrev2+spacer+osiris tuned map would be a perfect match, but theres more gains to be had by spending $700 first on mrev2+iso, THEN another 700 on OSIRIS tune.

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/powe...ges/index.html

just my 2c.
Since you can get additional Osiris maps once you buy Osiris, it doesn't really matter which you get first.

Having said that, I would probably go for plenum mods first, too.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:50 AM
App6MT

I just received my new cable today via 2 day shipping from Jared. The original had some problems but it's all been resolved

Went out with it today for a bit. I'll let you guys know how everything goes.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Conceyted

Alright. I got my dyno done yesterday morning. The ambient temperature was 91 degrees and the humidity was right around 40%. Not exactly dyno weather, but none the less I got it done. I am in the process of getting the individual maps from him with AFR plots attached, but for now, here is the best tuned map run vs the best stock map run. Remember, the only different here is a map switch. The car remained unchanged, I actually asked to switch maps and he got out of the car as if I had to go do all sorts of things to change it. I pressed cruise and hit cancel once and said okay there you go. He was like, "that is it?" I laughed and explained it and he sounded amused by it. Anyway, I hope to post up the hp/tq/afr plots of each of these runs in the upcoming days. Hopefully he is able to do what I am asking him to do. I want to have HP/TQ up top and AFR in its own graph below it.

Without further ado, here it is:

Sorry for the quality, they sent them to me in 640x480 and for readability I blew the pictures up a bit.

For those of you that do not know my mods, here is the list:
K&N Typhoon Intake
Motordyne Iso Thermal Spacer
Crawford Headers
Ultimate Racing HF Cats
Stillen Exhaust
Osiris (tuned for 93 octane and +2 timing added with cipher)
Old 09-23-2007, 07:26 AM
App6MT

I'm very impressed with the results of your dyno. The peak seems to have gone up 7HP, but what I'm more impressed with is at 5224RPM's the HP gain is around 13.

5K+ RPMs seems to respond VERY well, which is where I do a lot of my driving
Old 09-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by App6MT
I'm very impressed with the results of your dyno. The peak seems to have gone up 7HP, but what I'm more impressed with is at 5224RPM's the HP gain is around 13.

5K+ RPMs seems to respond VERY well, which is where I do a lot of my driving
Yea, I am actually hoping to see some torque overlay numbers. Honestly, the torque difference feels INSANE on the tuned map compared to the untuned map. When the dyno guy drove my car on the stock map I mentioned after that the rev limiter was back down to 6800. He laughed and said yea, I could even tell that was the stock map, this car felt like it was going nowhere compared to before.

Oh and one last thing, it is worth noting that this tune is the e-tune that Jared from UpRev sent me. This is NOT a retune or anything but the baseline tune he suggested I try for the mods I have. Since I have not found a way to log my aftermarket wideband vs rpms I cannot get a second finer tune from him. Hopefully the guys at my dyno shop can come through with the individual afr graphs so I can send them over to Jared.

Last edited by Conceyted; 09-23-2007 at 07:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev