Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:42 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased Cipher before Osiris was available. I bumped the timing 2 degrees with Cipher and it was not noticeable. I actually dyno'd my car at PF with and without the 2 degrees and it was not detectable on the dyno. (I removed the 2 degrees while I was strapped down on Jeremy's dyno.)

However, now that I've flashed my ECU with Osiris, the 2 degrees that Cipher adds makes a tremendous difference. I have not dyno'd my car again, but I can feel the difference without question. Is this because the timing is bumped by the Osiris flash and therefore Cipher's increase in the base timing is now noticeable?

I had the 2 degrees added when I made the original 0-60 logs with Cipher. Since these logs were used to make my custom map, should I remove the 2 degrees with Cipher and make new 0-60 logs and send them in for a new custom tuned map?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:37 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by Peak350
Is there any way that you can set up a an e-mail list to let us know when the 07 ECU gets cracked?

I'm torn between UTEC and reflash, would like to be able to work with the tune on my own a bit and the map switching is definitely a good option.

Just curious, would it be possible to get an 87 map that just pulls an assload of timing. During bad storms (at least once a year lately) all we have for gas is 87 and I either have to never drive, or buy gas cans worth of premium in advance (had a BMW with mods before) to get through the 2-3 week premium drought.
An email list for 2007s should not be a problem. Just email me at Jared@UpRev.com and I'll start taking them down.

Low octane tunes are also not a problem.

Originally Posted by __jb
I purchased Cipher before Osiris was available. I bumped the timing 2 degrees with Cipher and it was not noticeable. I actually dyno'd my car at PF with and without the 2 degrees and it was not detectable on the dyno. (I removed the 2 degrees while I was strapped down on Jeremy's dyno.)

However, now that I've flashed my ECU with Osiris, the 2 degrees that Cipher adds makes a tremendous difference. I have not dyno'd my car again, but I can feel the difference without question. Is this because the timing is bumped by the Osiris flash and therefore Cipher's increase in the base timing is now noticeable?

I had the 2 degrees added when I made the original 0-60 logs with Cipher. Since these logs were used to make my custom map, should I remove the 2 degrees with Cipher and make new 0-60 logs and send them in for a new custom tuned map?
Yep, as you get closer and closer to optimum timing 1 -2 degrees starts to make a biger difference.
If the tune is running fine w/ the 2 digreese and you're not hearing any ping or detonation then you should be OK to leave it set where it is for logging/eTuning.

Jared.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Peak350

Thanks, e-mail sent
Old 10-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Another email sent. Guess it makes us feel like we are doing something, eh?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by Clipdin
Another email sent. Guess it makes us feel like we are doing something, eh?
I just don't want to monitor the thread for 3 months or a year and don't want to miss the release either.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:53 PM
XIceDragonX

the shame is, and I am sure I am not alone, some of us love to play with the tunes ourself as each vehicle is individually different. And it sure would be nice to get a nice base tune to start at, and then let us play with it a bit from there.... of course with the disclaimer that uprev isn't the reason we blew our engines after 2 days...
Old 10-07-2007, 09:11 PM
VitViper

Email sent. I demand something for my 07!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:56 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by XIceDragonX
the shame is, and I am sure I am not alone, some of us love to play with the tunes ourself as each vehicle is individually different. And it sure would be nice to get a nice base tune to start at, and then let us play with it a bit from there.... of course with the disclaimer that uprev isn't the reason we blew our engines after 2 days...
UpRev is working on a real time tuner kit. As I understand it, it will be some sort of an Osiris upgrade.

UpRev has a real time tuner kit available to professional tuners now. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before the end-user version is available to us.

I'm curious to check it out, too.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:25 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by PunKidd
Yep, as you get closer and closer to optimum timing 1 -2 degrees starts to make a biger difference.
If the tune is running fine w/ the 2 digreese and you're not hearing any ping or detonation then you should be OK to leave it set where it is for logging/eTuning.

Jared.
Thanks, Jared.

I'll hold off until it gets a bit cooler then. I've been planning to get a Winter/Race map for a while now, but, it's still in the 90's down here in Florida.

Does the 2 degrees Cipher adds stick between all of the five maps? It's seems like it's an always on or always off thing. Since I had it on when you made my first custom maps, maybe I should leave it on when I send you my winter data in a few months.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:39 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Originally Posted by VitViper
I demand something for my 07!

LOL
Old 10-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Originally Posted by quidproquo
LOL
That is quidproquo's way of saying, "ME TOO"! He's just being passive aggressive.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:10 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by __jb
Thanks, Jared.

I'll hold off until it gets a bit cooler then. I've been planning to get a Winter/Race map for a while now, but, it's still in the 90's down here in Florida.

Does the 2 degrees Cipher adds stick between all of the five maps? It's seems like it's an always on or always off thing. Since I had it on when you made my first custom maps, maybe I should leave it on when I send you my winter data in a few months.
Yeah, it sticks even when you switch maps. If you're running fine w/ the extra 2 degreese then just go a head and leave it that way for tuning.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:44 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Newb-to-Tuning Q

How do atmospheric conditions affect the tune? For example, if I get a map created from a datalog on a 95 deg. day, 100% humidity, how will the tune differ from a map created from a datalog on a 35 degree day, 15% humidity?

I know that Osiris sets targets and retains the stock ECUs logic control to account for different variables like octane, but it does this in an abrupt way, but switching to an overall safer map, negating any gains from the tune, right? So how is the user best served? By creating multiple maps to cover the temperature/humidity extremes or pick an average day to do your datalog and count on the ECU to compensate and protect for the extremes?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:41 AM
SergEK

I think the UpRev guys will chime in but I would guess that with the stock ECU it will account for variables the same way it does now....i just think the targets set are much better in terms of fuel economy and power production

I think thats the best part of OSIRIS is its not reinventing the Stock ECU, just adding better targets and manipulation where needed
Old 10-09-2007, 12:08 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
How do atmospheric conditions affect the tune? For example, if I get a map created from a datalog on a 95 deg. day, 100% humidity, how will the tune differ from a map created from a datalog on a 35 degree day, 15% humidity?

I know that Osiris sets targets and retains the stock ECUs logic control to account for different variables like octane, but it does this in an abrupt way, but switching to an overall safer map, negating any gains from the tune, right? So how is the user best served? By creating multiple maps to cover the temperature/humidity extremes or pick an average day to do your datalog and count on the ECU to compensate and protect for the extremes?
Originally Posted by SergEK
I think the UpRev guys will chime in but I would guess that with the stock ECU it will account for variables the same way it does now....i just think the targets set are much better in terms of fuel economy and power production

I think thats the best part of OSIRIS is its not reinventing the Stock ECU, just adding better targets and manipulation where needed
Yep.
Your best bet is to try and tune on an average day and let the ECU do it's thing from there.
The ECU is VERY good at making compensations. We've tuned vehicles on the dyno in mid winter and then received logs mid summer showing that the AFR was still very close to the original tune.
These ECUs are VERY powerful from the factory.
Jared@UpRev.com
Old 10-09-2007, 12:34 PM
GolfinZ

Jared, could you pm me about tuning for n20?

Thanks-Brian
Old 10-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PunKidd
Yep.
Your best bet is to try and tune on an average day and let the ECU do it's thing from there.
The ECU is VERY good at making compensations. We've tuned vehicles on the dyno in mid winter and then received logs mid summer showing that the AFR was still very close to the original tune.
These ECUs are VERY powerful from the factory.
Jared@UpRev.com
+1 on that... I have seen the same experience on my car.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:34 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My tune does not changed with altitude and weather.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:03 AM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who are the Pro tuners in So Cal? I'm thinking about getting rid of my SS box and getting Osiris or Utec.

Will it work if I have a upgraded fuel pump?

I have a walbro fuel pump with a jwt fmu.

Do you have any dyno sheets or results from boosted cars?

Thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 08:32 AM
SergEK

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
Who are the Pro tuners in So Cal? I'm thinking about getting rid of my SS box and getting Osiris or Utec.

Will it work if I have a upgraded fuel pump?

I have a walbro fuel pump with a jwt fmu.

Do you have any dyno sheets or results from boosted cars?

Thanks
See my sig

Shawn Church is the man!

He is located in Wilmington/Habor Area (SoCal)

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev