Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 02:46 PM
krnzzang84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikead_99
Won't work. It ties it's license to the first ECU s/n it connects too. That probably wouldn't be yours and if it was you would be screwing the original purchaser over as it would be unusable on his ECU.
ahh i c thank you, i didn't know it gets license to the first ecu
Old 09-29-2007, 07:30 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
One last question before I order this. Since I have an 03 if I sent my AFR charts to you via e-mail would you be able to tweak the preloaded maps (or would you need datalogs)? Thanks.
Jared has mentioned updating Cipher to work with other wideband sensors, but as yet it doesn't.

The original "generic" tune from UpRev made a big difference for me before I ever got my first "custom" map based on the Cipher log. Unless you plan to get a real time dyno tune, the Osiris generic maps will probably still be your best bet.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:10 PM
ssnake86

Just had my car tuned on the Osiris at Church Automotive. can read about it here.

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/304798-dynoed-and-osiris-tuned-my-car-with-all-my-new-mods-graphs.html
Old 09-30-2007, 06:30 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by poorbastard
can they tune FI cars with this yet?
Osiris Rom Loader, the version we mail out, does not support FI vehicles.

If you can get your vehicle to one of our Osiris Pro Tuners (L.A. or Houston) or to us in Austin, then a custom tune can be made for your FI vehicle.

Matt.

Last edited by UpRev; 09-30-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:31 PM
UpRev
Banned

Nah, that was Jared inside the car.

Originally Posted by __jb
Great job, Matt! Is that you inside the white Z in the video?

I can't believe you guys crashed an ECU in the video just to show that Osiris can repair it. Osiris' new repair feature is very cool!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:43 AM
05Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't have cruise control are there any options for multiple maps?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Marshall2K

Just wanted to check in. Things are running great on my G so far.
I stopped by the local 1/8 mile track and ran a 9.3 on the generic tune (intake, spacer, hfc, 93 oct).
That's with the extra weight of a spare, jack, and sub.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:22 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by Marshall2K
Just wanted to check in. Things are running great on my G so far.
I stopped by the local 1/8 mile track and ran a 9.3 on the generic tune (intake, spacer, hfc, 93 oct).
That's with the extra weight of a spare, jack, and sub.
Any previous runs?

Sounds like a 13.9 run 1/4 wise????
Old 10-05-2007, 07:11 AM
tywinter

Default Tune Questions

Jared and/or Matt

I am very pleased with the power I gained from my OSIRIS, a couple questions though.

What do you set the A/F targets at on the NA tune?

Do your NA tunes apply any advancing of the timing?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:04 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tywinter
Jared and/or Matt

I am very pleased with the power I gained from my OSIRIS, a couple questions though.

I would be interested in knowing the same thing.

Are you guys bumping the timing 2 degrees or nothing at all. And what are you guys setting the A/F target at.

Let us know

Todd
Old 10-05-2007, 07:42 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I set my target a/f ratio to 13.0 and then tuned it as close as possible for it. The nissan timing is not like normal timing so its around 26-32 degrees.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:54 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by SunsetSunrise
Ok I just read all 22 pages on Osiris.
Whew!
1. For '03 what is the additional cost for extra parts?
2. If i purchase a used Osiris, do I get the ownership of the original License?
3. If decide to sell Osiris, I must remove the upgrade/tune from my ECU?
Thank you
1. About $300 if you go w/ the Innovate WB
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/kits.php
2. Yep.
3. Osiris doesn't have the ability to get the license off of the ECU as the system stands right now. We can work w/ you to get the license off so that the system could be resold, but yourself as well as the receiving party would have to work w/ us so that we can get them set up w/ the proper compatible ROM.

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
One last question before I order this. Since I have an 03 if I sent my AFR charts to you via e-mail would you be able to tweak the preloaded maps (or would you need datalogs)? Thanks.
We would need the AFR log/chart as well as a Cipher log that was run at the same time... hope you have more than one USB port .

Originally Posted by tywinter
Jared and/or Matt

Typically we target ~12.6 below 4400RPM then taper out to ~13.
There is most definitely advanced timing on the tuned maps. That is the primary difference between the low and high octane tuned maps.

Originally Posted by 05Z33
If you don't have cruise control are there any options for multiple maps?
Well… we haven’t tested this yet, but in theory you should be able to wire up some cruse control switches directly to the ECU. As far as we’ve been able to tell, the ECUs still supports cruse control even when the cruse option is not on the vehicle. So not only would maps switching work, you could probably use the cruse control as well. Not sure if the gauge cluster will have the LEDs for feed back.

Jared@UpRev.com
Old 10-06-2007, 06:37 PM
XIceDragonX

what if your ecu already has a custom tune? Would this just write over it and completely ignore it? And is there really that big of a power difference available runnin between 91 and 93 octane gas? I try my best to always run sunoco super 93 but I am just wonderin if 91 and an octane booster would suffice?? Or should I always run the gas the tune is made for no matter how short on cash I am at the current time? I ask cause my current tune says supposedly 92 or better octane.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:22 PM
GolfinZ

Jared, I sent Matt a pm and Chung an email...could you hit me up when you can. Thanks-Brian
Old 10-06-2007, 07:23 PM
PunKidd

If you already have a reflash from TS or AAM then it will be overwritten.
The HP difference from 91 to 93 is pretty small, but you will defiantly lose HP if you run fuel of a lower octane than what it is tuned for. If the ECU detects any knock or ping, it will pull all kinds of timing and the HP will fall flat on it's face. That's why it's nice to have map switching w/ both a high and low octane tune .
Old 10-06-2007, 07:54 PM
dovla

Jared, if ECU doesn’t monitor knock above 4800 rpm, would it make sense to keep ignition advanced in high rpm but running richer AFR? Thanks
Old 10-06-2007, 08:05 PM
PunKidd

Running to 13 is not enough to make it ping. We can run the about the same advance at 13 as we can at 12.6, but it does make a bit more power when it's leaned out a bit. It doesn't make any more power down low w/ the leaner mix so that's why we leave it on the rich side down low.
But yeah, if you're not worried about the extra couple of HP then running 12.6 accross the board will keep things a little cooler.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by PunKidd
Running to 13 is not enough to make it ping. We can run the about the same advance at 13 as we can at 12.6, but it does make a bit more power when it's leaned out a bit. It doesn't make any more power down low w/ the leaner mix so that's why we leave it on the rich side down low.
But yeah, if you're not worried about the extra couple of HP then running 12.6 accross the board will keep things a little cooler.
Is there any way that you can set up a an e-mail list to let us know when the 07 ECU gets cracked?

I'm torn between UTEC and reflash, would like to be able to work with the tune on my own a bit and the map switching is definitely a good option.

Just curious, would it be possible to get an 87 map that just pulls an assload of timing. During bad storms (at least once a year lately) all we have for gas is 87 and I either have to never drive, or buy gas cans worth of premium in advance (had a BMW with mods before) to get through the 2-3 week premium drought.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:19 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Peak350
Just curious, would it be possible to get an 87 map that just pulls an assload of timing. During bad storms (at least once a year lately) all we have for gas is 87 and I either have to never drive, or buy gas cans worth of premium in advance (had a BMW with mods before) to get through the 2-3 week premium drought.
I had a 87/89 Octane Tune on my first set of maps. I don't know if they could make a straight 87 octane map, but I don't see why not.

I've since swapped that 87/89 Octane Tune map out to add more tuned maps.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by __jb
I had a 87/89 Octane Tune on my first set of maps. I don't know if they could make a straight 87 octane map, but I don't see why not.

I've since swapped that 87/89 Octane Tune map out to add more tuned maps.
Yeah, thinking about it today, if they can play with throttle body opening, and rev limiter (by map) it would be great to have a low octane map that only allowed say 2/3 throttle and a 4,000 RPM redline (maybe 4,500 or something even) because I find myself driving the car harder than I should at times, and I could watch my fuel consumption that way as well. I'd only need 3 maps, a street tune (just improved from stock) the 87 economy tune, and the ***** out tune for drag/autocross.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev