Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:03 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
My Osiris just arrived (I'm tracking it from the office) where is the OBD port located? Thanks.
It's on the backside of the bottom of the dash. Where your left leg would be if you are driving.

There are also instructions on the CD.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:06 PM
bleunetizen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im very interested in the user-tunable version.. as I don't really think orisis team can provide me a proper map for my car

Sent them a few emails asking if they can do it for me but i got ignored everytime.

jdm z33, tomei cams, intake, exhaust, plenum spacer, headers, 7200rpm, 98octane pump gas.

or maybe i can provide them my utec map and get them to copy it?

mainly want orisis becuz of throttle response and speed cut
Old 10-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Frostydc4

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by __jb
It's on the backside of the bottom of the dash. Where your left leg would be if you are driving.

There are also instructions on the CD.

Thanks.

I was able to make it home & attempt to reflash the ECU but I ran into one problem. I think Jared may have sent me the wrong file for me ECU (my ecu number ends in AM605 and I was sent the file for AM607). I got an error message (can not read CAN interface & ECU not detected) . I scheduled a dyno appt on monday and was hoping to put it through some tests . I left Jared a voice message and hopefully he will get back to me before monday. Well, at least my car starts (I was about to **** a brick when my car wouldnt start the 1st time).

*Update* Looks like I'll have to flash by connecting directly to the ECU itsself instead of the OBD port. How do you access the ECU (whats the easiest way)? Thanks!

Last edited by Frostydc4; 10-20-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:41 AM
undrgnd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cable is on the way, should be here Monday. When are the maps mailed out, or are they in with the cable? I sent a PM to Jared prior to ordering (last week) but never received a reply. Hopefully, it's all under control, and the required maps for my ECU are on the way.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Frostydc4

Originally Posted by undrgnd
Cable is on the way, should be here Monday. When are the maps mailed out, or are they in with the cable? I sent a PM to Jared prior to ordering (last week) but never received a reply. Hopefully, it's all under control, and the required maps for my ECU are on the way.

The maps are located on the disc they send you. Did you try calling his cell?

Last edited by Frostydc4; 10-20-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:52 AM
ChurchAutoTest

Frosty,

I just did a custom Uprev tune on a 2003 G35C Coupe this weekend that required a similar approach. For those that don't know, the early cars don't have a CAN bus, so they can't be reflashed fully through the OBD2 port (although you can still do real time tuning through there once flashed). I was freaking out because I thought the ECU was trashed when this first happened (about a week ago), but Jared (who responded to phone calls on the weekend - great service) assuaged my fears.

The ECU on the 03 coupe was under the dash on the passenger side. I ended up pulling the lower door sill trim and the kick panel trim before pulling down the underdash cover, but I think you can just pull the cover down (it clips in easily, no screws, etc.). You'll then need to press on the ECU harness clip closest to the front of the dash and pull down. The connector cover will swing down and the connector will pop out.

Just make sure that when you put the ECU interface connector (has an ECU plug on one side and an OBD2 port on the other, plus a power supply input) into the ECU that you get it in there correctly and that it fits tightly (press firmly), otherwise you'll get more errors. Also, you will probably end up with a bunch of ECU error codes after completing everything, so be prepared to do a reset with Cipher. Best of luck.

Shawn Church
http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/...motivetesting/
(primary site is down, sorry)
Old 10-21-2007, 10:27 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by ChurchAutoTest
Frosty,

I just did a custom Uprev tune on a 2003 G35C Coupe this weekend that required a similar approach. For those that don't know, the early cars don't have a CAN bus, so they can't be reflashed fully through the OBD2 port (although you can still do real time tuning through there once flashed). I was freaking out because I thought the ECU was trashed when this first happened (about a week ago), but Jared (who responded to phone calls on the weekend - great service) assuaged my fears.

The ECU on the 03 coupe was under the dash on the passenger side. I ended up pulling the lower door sill trim and the kick panel trim before pulling down the underdash cover, but I think you can just pull the cover down (it clips in easily, no screws, etc.). You'll then need to press on the ECU harness clip closest to the front of the dash and pull down. The connector cover will swing down and the connector will pop out.

Just make sure that when you put the ECU interface connector (has an ECU plug on one side and an OBD2 port on the other, plus a power supply input) into the ECU that you get it in there correctly and that it fits tightly (press firmly), otherwise you'll get more errors. Also, you will probably end up with a bunch of ECU error codes after completing everything, so be prepared to do a reset with Cipher. Best of luck.

Shawn Church
So, how did you fix it?

Send it back to UpRev and have them flash it?
Old 10-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Frostydc4

Frosty,

Shawn Church

This is what Jared told me regarding my 03 coupe. Just to confirm, can I still use the OBD2 plug that was supplied with the osiris and use it on the ECU (Jared said he will send me another wire)? I'd love to get my osiris running before monday! Thanks.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:27 PM
6MTHavok

This is interesting...I have an 2003.5 coupe and have the osiris ordered as of Friday. I wonder if they will send me 2 cables
Old 10-21-2007, 04:29 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Frosty,

Shawn Church
When you tune with the real time Osiris on your dyno, do you create five maps like the regular Osiris comes with?

If you don't, what happens when someone with the full Osiris switches to another map... say the Valet map for instance... Does that wipe out your dyno tune?

Can you download your tune as a ROM file so it can be uploaded again... if it gets wiped out?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:47 PM
RedondoG

I just had my car tuned at Church's and the answers are:
yes,
yes,
yes.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:13 PM
denchan350gt

Originally Posted by RedondoG
I just had my car tuned at Church's and the answers are:
yes,
yes,
yes.
What were your numbers with the nitrous?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:54 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by PunKidd
You’ll have to add a third party WB like an innovate LC-1 w/ RPM pickup.

You can just call a dealer that isn’t anywhere near you if you’re worried about your warranty. We call the dealers in CA all the time when it’s past business hours here in TX. We don’t know of any other ways to get the PN. Even identical ECUs will have different part numbers for vehicles w/ different trim.
There is no charge for up to 5 maps on vehicles that support more than 3. It’s just a matter of having the extra space in memory.
No plans for group discount at this time, sorry.

We have a base map for HR motor w/ plenum spacer, JWT pop charger, and exhaust.

-Jared.
I don't think you have a basemap for the HR motor because there is no plenum spacer or JWT pop chargers available for it yet.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:07 PM
RedondoG

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
What were your numbers with the nitrous?
If you ignore the torque and horsepower spikes: 348 tq and 343 HP!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:26 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

UPREV,

I have a 2007 NISMO 350z which has the same ECU has the 07 350z. I am not sure why we are having such a long delay on getting a upgrade from you? I am just south of you in San Antonio, and want to get a upgrade soon for the Z. Please give us a update on progress for the 07 HR Z owners. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:14 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by RedondoG
If you ignore the torque and horsepower spikes: 348 tq and 343 HP!
Thats what I'm talking about!!!

Great numbers and SAFE!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 PM
GolfinZ

redondoG...pmed u a question
Old 10-23-2007, 06:50 AM
RedondoG

Originally Posted by GolfinZ
redondoG...pmed u a question
answered
Old 10-24-2007, 09:13 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
I don't think you have a basemap for the HR motor because there is no plenum spacer or JWT pop chargers available for it yet.
I'm not going to go back and look for it again, but you will see that I corrected that statement a page or two later.
I was confusing the HR and Rev Up motor.
There is a waitlist for HR support. If you're interested send me and email at...
Jared@UpRev.com
Old 10-24-2007, 09:18 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Already sent a email a few days ago and someone responded. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev