Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 11:36 PM
billybrun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still have hopes... where's Osiris 2.0?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:16 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billybrun
I still have hopes... where's Osiris 2.0?

That and the new website..
Old 08-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Frostydc4

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Question

Just curious, does the beta version have the same user capabilities as the pro tuner version?
Old 08-03-2008, 11:47 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

You guys need to realize how revolutionary the Osiris real time tuner version is... and how critical it is that it work perfectly. It takes time.

I'm sure the UpRev guys wish it was complete and ready to release much more than you guys.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Soon to be controlled by Osiris this friday (Pro tuner/custom MAF)... Hope it works well..
Old 08-03-2008, 08:06 PM
App6MT

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Soon to be controlled by Osiris this friday (Pro tuner/custom MAF)... Hope it works well..
***** and weiners.

Definitely let me know how it goes, been talking to Rich and Jared this week about dropping the FCon and going this route.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by App6MT
***** and weiners.

Definitely let me know how it goes, been talking to Rich and Jared this week about dropping the FCon and going this route.

Ill definately keep you posted and let you know what happens good or bad..
Old 08-04-2008, 09:19 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
Just curious, does the beta version have the same user capabilities as the pro tuner version?

Beta currently has MOST the capabilities. Once Ver2.0 drops, the Beta and Pro will be different forks of Osiris. Beta will be a feedback version with minimal support of the End User Tuning. Pro will continue forward with features that the Pro Tuner will need and we will use that for next gen testing.

The reason why Beta and Pro were essentially the same till this point is that we didn't have enough Pro Tuners available to test things in a reasonable time. We're adding more Pro Tuners, and the Pro Tuners are doing more tunes on more cars, so we get tons of feedback now. Pro Tuners will also get new vehicle support before we release to the general public and we will be working with them to get new cars to their shops so we can build more support.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:21 AM
UpRev
Banned

Downloaded the beta on my new laptop, didn't realize you guys updated it in June. Have to spend some time looking at it now
We're doing weekly updates at this point. Please keep checking back on the Beta server.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:23 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by __jb
I'm sure the UpRev guys wish it was complete and ready to release much more than you guys.

Understatement of the year award.

I just want to get some rest, maybe go to the lake.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:30 AM
UpRev
Banned

***** and weiners.

We currently have a JWT TT G35 in the bay that had the FCon. I dunno who thought it would be smart to add 1000cc injectors to a build that was only supposed to be 550hp, but it's causing us all kinds of nightmares. Luckily John has found a bunch of crazy new stuff in the ECU because of it. Jared just needs to get the tune figured out and see if we can actually make the damned car idle right.

Oddly enough the car was built by a reputable shop and no expense was spared. We removed the FCon, and just ran it on stock ECU with stock MAF and made 25 more HP. Granted the stock MAF **** itself around the 400hp mark like we expected and the car stumbled there, but it picked right back up and ran out to about 475 with good solid AFRs. Since then we've managed to pick up about 50 more HP and tossed the modified MAF in for stability. It runs great with the exception of idle, 1000cc injectors are 3x larger than stock and the code in the ECU isn't written to handle them. So with the rewrites of the code and finding more controls, we're getting really close to stock driveability and 550whp.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:33 AM
UpRev
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Ill definately keep you posted and let you know what happens good or bad..

We'll get with James to make sure he has all the same tools we're working with. Alot of stuff has changed in the last two weeks because of this G35 and we should have a new software setup for him to use that will give him more control on your car.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:37 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by UpRev
We currently have a JWT TT G35 in the bay that had the FCon. I dunno who thought it would be smart to add 1000cc injectors to a build that was only supposed to be 550hp, but it's causing us all kinds of nightmares. Luckily John has found a bunch of crazy new stuff in the ECU because of it. Jared just needs to get the tune figured out and see if we can actually make the damned car idle right.
That's interesting. Sometimes you forget that everything known about the ECU is basically reverse engineered.

I think a lot of shops just chuck in a set of 1000cc injectors and use the FCon to manage them. Most every new shop build you read about an FI car has 1000cc injectors. Not all shops are doing it, but some seem to be.

Oddly enough the car was built by a reputable shop and no expense was spared. We removed the FCon, and just ran it on stock ECU with stock MAF and made 25 more HP. Granted the stock MAF **** itself around the 400hp mark like we expected and the car stumbled there, but it picked right back up and ran out to about 475 with good solid AFRs. Since then we've managed to pick up about 50 more HP and tossed the modified MAF in for stability. It runs great with the exception of idle, 1000cc injectors are 3x larger than stock and the code in the ECU isn't written to handle them. So with the rewrites of the code and finding more controls, we're getting really close to stock driveability and 550whp.
That's incredible/interesting news. Thanks for posting that.

I've long thought that I could go back to a pure ECU in my NA G35, but never thought FI people would be able to do it because of the MAF issues. Very interesting that you are solving those problems with the standard OEM ECU and no piggyback/standalones.

Everyone loves the driveability associated with the standard ECU... Plus no CELs...
Old 08-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Hoooper

would be even better if you could figure out how to get the stock ECU to read MAP instead of MAF, for the obvious benefits of course
Old 08-04-2008, 02:09 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Hoooper
would be even better if you could figure out how to get the stock ECU to read MAP instead of MAF, for the obvious benefits of course

Build your own system then. You always have some smart thing to say or some way to try and tear down our product. When you can come up with your own competing product, please lets us all know.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:19 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by __jb
That's interesting. Sometimes you forget that everything known about the ECU is basically reverse engineered.

I think a lot of shops just chuck in a set of 1000cc injectors and use the FCon to manage them. Most every new shop build you read about an FI car has 1000cc injectors. Not all shops are doing it, but some seem to be.

That's incredible/interesting news. Thanks for posting that.

I've long thought that I could go back to a pure ECU in my NA G35, but never thought FI people would be able to do it because of the MAF issues. Very interesting that you are solving those problems with the standard OEM ECU and no piggyback/standalones.

Everyone loves the driveability associated with the standard ECU... Plus no CELs...

Yeah the idea behind using 1000cc injectors would be great, if they were targeting 700-800hp, but when you're targeting 550-600hp they are way overkill. Trying to get a huge injector like that to trim out tiny bits of fuel is hard enough, then the fact that when you do get it to run right you're not getting a good even spray pattern and good droplet size... These motors are still just 3.5l and there isn't much need for an injector over the 850-880cc range with the targeted HP numbers. We have managed just around 550hp with 650cc injectors, but that doesn't leave much room for safety but it idled and started right up hot or cold.

So we're plugging away on this car trying to uncover more tables and controls bit by bit to get it there, and it's real close right now. It will leave here when it's right and then we can share all that info and new tools with our Pro Tuners so they can support you guys better.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Hoooper

Build your own system then. You always have some smart thing to say or some way to try and tear down our product. When you can come up with your own competing product, please lets us all know.
actually....that was serious. I thought that you might be trying to figure that out. nice attitude though
Old 08-04-2008, 06:00 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Hoooper
actually....that was serious. I thought that you might be trying to figure that out. nice attitude though

Please start a new thread then explaining how MAF is inferior to MAP.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

We'll get with James to make sure he has all the same tools we're working with. Alot of stuff has changed in the last two weeks because of this G35 and we should have a new software setup for him to use that will give him more control on your car.
Ill be there in the next few days.. I hope he has the updates by then.. Matter of fact, I know he will because I have confidence in you guys..

Thanks for the UPREV t-shirt btw!!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Hoooper

ooooookie dokie, sorry to **** up your thread...

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev