Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 07:44 PM
turbotoy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UpRev
All things must come to an end. It's not been a problem of people taking advantage of the eTunes for the most part. There are a rare few that are constantly sending in logs and requesting eTunes, but most people only ever request a single eTune. We wanted to make sure we don't get people that take advantage of our generosity, but at the same time not take away our best gift to our customers.

3 is a good solid number, it gives people the ability to adjust the base tunes to work best with their car. It also for the most part it will allow them to do an upgrade at some point. If people ever run out of free eTunes we'll still have them available for a reasonable price. We spend between 1.5 and 3 hours on an eTune, so multiply that by 3 and then multiply that by the number of people just on my350z.com that have bought our system... It's a very time consuming proposition. Try getting Microsoft to spend 4-9 hours helping you with windows for free sometime....

We just want to make sure we have availability to help customers and also advance our product. We've already had to hire one person part time to do the free eTunes, we expect before the end of the year that it will become a fulltime job of its own here.
Thank You first of all for the e-tunes I know I have enjoyed your generosity. I also know you all are working diligently on the user tuner version. I would like to say that I am disappointing that uprev is cutting off this feature before the user tunable version is available. I personally would use the etune less if I could tune the car myself. Just my input.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:56 PM
billybrun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbotoy
Thank You first of all for the e-tunes I know I have enjoyed your generosity. I also know you all are working diligently on the user tuner version. I would like to say that I am disappointing that uprev is cutting off this feature before the user tunable version is available. I personally would use the etune less if I could tune the car myself. Just my input.
I'm with you.
I'm one of the ones that took advantage of the etunes and started using the map switching ability as 2-step to launch the car. Having said that, Jared was helping me find the right RPM, and that took a few etunes that I didn't mind waiting for.
If had the user tunable version, I would have never bother Jared, since I could change my RPM limiter and tune my own car as I swap parts back and forth.

I truly believe UPREV should wait until after the release of OSIRIS 2.0 to make this change, unless the release is that soon! Is it Tomorrow?!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:24 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by billybrun
I'm with you.
I'm one of the ones that took advantage of the etunes and started using the map switching ability as 2-step to launch the car. Having said that, Jared was helping me find the right RPM, and that took a few etunes that I didn't mind waiting for.
If had the user tunable version, I would have never bother Jared, since I could change my RPM limiter and tune my own car as I swap parts back and forth.

I truly believe UPREV should wait until after the release of OSIRIS 2.0 to make this change, unless the release is that soon! Is it Tomorrow?!

We have to make a transition. It's going to upset some people, but honestly I don't think we've had too many previous customers request eTunes lately. 95% of the eTunes we've done in the last month were for new customers, and we're not stopping support for eTunes.

Also when the End User Tunable product comes out, the people with that will have zero support from Uprev, you'll have to at that point turn to the Pro Tuner network, and each Pro Tuner will have their own pricing for support with those customers. Similar to what you have with Utec, except without funky hardware and text files
Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
bump.
Not certain yet what features we're finalizing on, still debating here what is concrete for the release. It will be posted on our new website as soon as we're certain.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:34 PM
tywinter

Sounds like the user tunable is getting close.

UpRev
Please say it's true.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:30 AM
BiGGD198

so osiris 2.0 will be another price? im kinda confused....is 2.0 the user tunable program update or are we talking about something completely different?
Old 07-03-2008, 03:57 PM
GrayG35

Originally Posted by BiGGD198
so osiris 2.0 will be another price? im kinda confused....is 2.0 the user tunable program update or are we talking about something completely different?
i thought i read somewhere that it was going to be a free update for people who already had osiris and cipher
Old 07-03-2008, 06:00 PM
OCG35
Banned

I can't be positive - but I'm pretty certain it was always referenced as "free for now" type thing...
Old 07-03-2008, 07:26 PM
App6MT

Originally Posted by OCG35
I can't be positive - but I'm pretty certain it was always referenced as "free for now" type thing...
Should be free for current owners, yes.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:36 PM
UpRev
Banned

Free upgrade for current owners, but the support from us ends as soon as you get it. You'll have to turn to Pro Tuners for support with any End User tunable products.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:36 PM
UpRev
Banned

And yes I am still at work at 10:36pm on a Thursday night before the 4th of July.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:02 PM
ssgohan434

And yes I am still at work at 10:36pm on a Thursday night before the 4th of July.
^ which is why we love you

Richard right? This is Gurbir, just got the email for shipment notification of the osiris package
Were you able to check if map 2 had throttle optimization checked? I tried to email you guys, but it bounced back
Many thanks!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Nate76s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does "support from us ends" mean. Does that mean no etunes at all?

What I'm afraid of is that it means I can order the current version w/ preset maps based on my current mods and get 3 free etunes. But if I opt to wait for the end user tuner version there are no preset maps and no free etunes.

Just want clarification, because I would like the initial free etunes as a base to start, then I would want the end tuner version to tweak my tune as I add mods. My main concern is there are no pro-tuners near me (st. louis) ... that I know of, so I would have NO support.

I was considering this as my next mod sometime this month. My laptap is currently getting a new motherboard installed so I will have to wait until I get it back anyway.

Last edited by Nate76s; 07-03-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:34 PM
joedp2

Default emissions inspection

Would there be any effect on inspections? Here in NJ they hook the car up to the diagnostic port as part of the inspection process to look for emissions codes. Would the car fail after a reflash?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:52 PM
CSF

Originally Posted by joedp2
Would there be any effect on inspections? Here in NJ they hook the car up to the diagnostic port as part of the inspection process to look for emissions codes. Would the car fail after a reflash?
it still gives the codes...they won't know it's reflashed
Old 07-04-2008, 06:54 PM
joedp2

cool. thanks.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:03 AM
BiGGD198

Free upgrade for current owners, but the support from us ends as soon as you get it. You'll have to turn to Pro Tuners for support with any End User tunable products.
hm so its either have etunes tune with you guys, or get end user and tune on own without you guys tuning with etunes....am i correct. if so....idk, i think im gona stay with you guys cuz i dont know of any tuners around me, other than MRC (new jersey) but not quite sure if they tune.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:34 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Nate76s
What does "support from us ends" mean. Does that mean no etunes at all?

What I'm afraid of is that it means I can order the current version w/ preset maps based on my current mods and get 3 free etunes. But if I opt to wait for the end user tuner version there are no preset maps and no free etunes.

Just want clarification, because I would like the initial free etunes as a base to start, then I would want the end tuner version to tweak my tune as I add mods. My main concern is there are no pro-tuners near me (st. louis) ... that I know of, so I would have NO support.

I was considering this as my next mod sometime this month. My laptap is currently getting a new motherboard installed so I will have to wait until I get it back anyway.

Pretty much yes. The idea behind the end user tunable version is that you don't need us for tuning. You're either going to tune it yourself or take it to someone that knows about tuning. You don't get free eTunes with the stand alone or piggy back systems, so we're going to compete with those systems by allowing you to tune the car yourself as if you had one of those systems.

For the majority, people that want the 3 free eTunes and eTune support, we'll still be offering the current setup.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:16 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Pretty much yes. The idea behind the end user tunable version is that you don't need us for tuning. You're either going to tune it yourself or take it to someone that knows about tuning. You don't get free eTunes with the stand alone or piggy back systems, so we're going to compete with those systems by allowing you to tune the car yourself as if you had one of those systems.

For the majority, people that want the 3 free eTunes and eTune support, we'll still be offering the current setup.
Oh crap. That's not good if you leave features out. I've been waiting before requesting an eTune to see what I could do on my own (in regards to eliminating CEL codes). I better just get one of my eTunes now just in case this feature doesn't make it to the user tuneable version...

Don't release that product just yet - I need a few days to get my **** together! (have to get rid of the MAF and see what codes are thrown, then I will have a final list). Jeez - guess I better get that work done asap.

Last edited by rcdash; 07-09-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
Oh crap. That's not good if you leave features out. I've been waiting before requesting an eTune to see what I could do on my own (in regards to eliminating CEL codes). I better just get one of my eTunes now just in case this feature doesn't make it to the user tuneable version...

Don't release that product just yet - I need a few days to get my **** together! (have to get rid of the MAF and see what codes are thrown, then I will have a final list). Jeez - guess I better get that work done asap.

eTunes will still be available for $50ea. The End User Tuning software will allow access to base tunes, but you'll still have to take on the actual tuning. We will have a forum on the new site that will allow End User Tuning customers to discuss things, and to share their base tunes our share knowledge they gain while using the product. Though we will not be supporting the product or offering any warranty or claim about the product. If you download a tune someone else is sharing and you destroy your motor, that's between you and the internet We'll try and sticky user generated guides and find some people to moderate the forums so that End Users can help themselves, and we're going to try putting together a Wiki or KnowledgeBase for users to update and access.

All these things are still up in the air, and we're trying to balance the Pros/Cons of them along with doing what would be the best thing for the customers without having to raise the price. If we offered support for End User Tuning, the product would cost $1500+ instead of $900, simply based on the number of people we'd have to hire to field the barrage of calls, and having space for them to work. We think it to be wiser to spend the extra $600 on going to a Pro Tuner and paying for some tuning to get set up then maybe do some training to learn how to adjust certain aspects of your tune. Once again, End User Tuning isn't for the masses, so we have to weigh all options to find the right balance before we release it.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev