Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Mize

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twin001
My A/F ratio at ide was getting up to ~15.8 I think, I'll look at the log again tonight
Ummm that's really lean, N/A you should be right around 13 iirc. I'd be worried about driving your car at that A/F.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:49 AM
twin001

Looking at my datalog from my drive to work the car seems to be running on the lean side. A/F ratio does get above 14.7 (stochiometric ratio) a few times. It does go down in the 13's when I went over 4k RPM's which I like. From what I've seen this VQ does run lean at low RPM's and relatively rich at high RPM's.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Mize

Ok.. so when it's reported that 13 is roughly the sweet spot for our cars, that's under WOT at the top of the powerband? I did some reading on the stoich ratio and I see what you mean, the A/F is much leaner at idle/low load and richens up as the load increases.

And that's what the E-tune is for also, but I'd be worried to drive my car under any condition that could cause harm to the engine. I hope I don't have the same issues.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:36 AM
sloppymax

Looking at my datalog from my drive to work the car seems to be running on the lean side. A/F ratio does get above 14.7 (stochiometric ratio) a few times. It does go down in the 13's when I went over 4k RPM's which I like. From what I've seen this VQ does run lean at low RPM's and relatively rich at high RPM's.
Is it going above 14.7 during wide open throttle or just partial throttle?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:24 AM
twin001

only at partial throttle, at WOT it drops down into the 13's, low 14's. I'll take another log when I run to Lowe's here in about an hour and look at it again.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:18 AM
UpRev
Banned

only at partial throttle, at WOT it drops down into the 13's, low 14's. I'll take another log when I run to Lowe's here in about an hour and look at it again.

Correct thats what the eTune is for and the reason basic flashes don't work. It's also the reason why we include Cipher with the full Osiris system.

I wouldn't worry too much about a little knock at idle, as we leave the stock knock tables in. If it is pinging enough to cause any issue, the ignition will drop back instantly and it will add a little more fuel. Either way, send us some logs asap so we can get your tune updated. It's also always possible that there is something wrong with the car, clogged fuel injector etc. The least we can do is go through the files and adjust your tune, if we see anything odd in your logs we'll let you know.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:20 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
How does buying a "used" UpRev Osiris from another owner work since they are tied to the car? Just wondering since I got an offer...

We're working on an update to our software that should allow us to flash a car back to stock and put the license back on the cable. Once we have that, you'd still need to update the cables license. Right now we only do it on an as needed basis.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Hoooper

you should be 14.7 at idle no matter what. its weird that it wouldnt be because typically the ECU will trim the fuel to get to 14.7 pretty quickly. as far as partial throttle, running as lean as low 15's is relatively safe. a lot of guys with good piggybacks or standalones will tune for that because it gets you better mileage and youre not gonna hurt anything by doing it.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:34 AM
twin001

Originally Posted by UpRev
Correct thats what the eTune is for and the reason basic flashes don't work. It's also the reason why we include Cipher with the full Osiris system.

I wouldn't worry too much about a little knock at idle, as we leave the stock knock tables in. If it is pinging enough to cause any issue, the ignition will drop back instantly and it will add a little more fuel. Either way, send us some logs asap so we can get your tune updated. It's also always possible that there is something wrong with the car, clogged fuel injector etc. The least we can do is go through the files and adjust your tune, if we see anything odd in your logs we'll let you know.
Took a log while a minute ago, looks good.

I think the pinging was due to the high temps and the initial reflash. I haven't heard any problems yet. I hope it isn't a clogged injector, I just ran some chevron cleaner in it and there's <3k on the engine, 22k on injectors though (oil consumption!).

BTW, why does the AF on the datalog shoot up to 30 when the clutch is depressed and I'm shifting gears? I'm making a chart of the RPM vs. AF, timing, ect. and it's playing havoc with my graph. FWIW, I ran the stock tune map for this run. Here's a screenshot, sorry for the bad resolution,

Old 08-07-2008, 11:14 AM
MDK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UpRev:

Will this ever work with a 2004.5? Is there something that much different with the 04.5's that you can't make it work? Or is it simply low demand / no access to one to develop the right software?

I'd love to be able to bump my idle etc. with it, I think it has a lot more value than a one time ecu reflash.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by MDK
UpRev:

Will this ever work with a 2004.5? Is there something that much different with the 04.5's that you can't make it work? Or is it simply low demand / no access to one to develop the right software?

I'd love to be able to bump my idle etc. with it, I think it has a lot more value than a one time ecu reflash.
I don't understand your question. Our product has always worked with 2004.5 G35 and 350z.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Hoooper

BTW, why does the AF on the datalog shoot up to 30 when the clutch is depressed and I'm shifting gears? I'm making a chart of the RPM vs. AF, timing, ect. and it's playing havoc with my graph. FWIW, I ran the stock tune map for this run.
when throttle position is 0% and the engine speed is over something like 1200 RPM, the injector pulse width goes to almost 0ms, so the AFR is leaner than the sensor can read. you would get the same reading if you were bouncing off the rev limiter (fuel cut)
Old 08-07-2008, 11:30 AM
twin001

Originally Posted by Hoooper
when throttle position is 0% and the engine speed is over something like 1200 RPM, the injector pulse width goes to almost 0ms, so the AFR is leaner than the sensor can read. you would get the same reading if you were bouncing off the rev limiter (fuel cut)
I figured it was something along that line. I was trying to make a nice neat graph but there is almost 9000 lines of text and it's going to take a while to get those outliers out of the way. I guess I could write a macro to search for all values over 20 and delete the row......another reason I like Cipher
Old 08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by MDK
UpRev:

I have 04.5 (G) with Osiris (5 maps) - no issues at all.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:36 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Cipher is truly a great piece of software that doesn't get enough credit.

Not sure why you guys load your Cipher data into a spreadsheet. Why not just screen print the Cipher Data Viewer?

Check out some of the options in Cipher. You can group multiple graphs in the same chart and do lots of other things. You can put RPM, Vehicle speed, and Throttle Position all in one chart for instance. Make the colors what ever you want... Cipher rocks.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:45 PM
twin001

Originally Posted by __jb
Cipher is truly a great piece of software that doesn't get enough credit.

Not sure why you guys load your Cipher data into a spreadsheet. Why not just screen print the Cipher Data Viewer?

Check out some of the options in Cipher. You can group multiple graphs in the same chart and do lots of other things. You can put RPM, Vehicle speed, and Throttle Position all in one chart for instance. Make the colors what ever you want... Cipher rocks.
Because when I'm using Excel at work it looks like I'm actually working

You are right though, Cipher is excellent to say the least. I'll look into the graphing options this weekend. I'm going to need to buy an inverter for my laptop!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Because when I'm using Excel at work it looks like I'm actually working

FTW!!

Last edited by Jay'Z; 08-07-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:41 PM
UofA350Z

Got tuned tonight! Car is running awesome. It feels so much stronger and pulls a lot harder now. I had a big grin on my face the whole way home.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Thats great stuff bro.. I cant wait till tmrw!! Did you get a dyno sheet?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Mize

Originally Posted by UofA350Z
Got tuned tonight! Car is running awesome. It feels so much stronger and pulls a lot harder now. I had a big grin on my face the whole way home.
Gah cmon UpRev guys.. send mine out

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev