Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:52 AM
tranceformer95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UpRev
Nope it gets to about 80% or so. All Nissan/Infinitis do that. It's an OEM potential liability thing as far as we can figure. So some 16yo doesn't hop in the car and run over a school bus full of children. I don't get it though because you can still do 100+mph in the car and that has way more potential for disaster. All I do know is thats what Nissan does to all their vehicles.
Well it's a good thing I have my Osiris reflash.

So what else is included under the "Optimized Throttle Control Map" option?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:38 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by tranceformer95
Well it's a good thing I have my Osiris reflash.

So what else is included under the "Optimized Throttle Control Map" option?
Thats about it. I have NO idea why they got all wordy with it. That order form was posted long before I got here.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:47 AM
tranceformer95

Thats about it. I have NO idea why they got all wordy with it. That order form was posted long before I got here.
I thought part of that was holding the throttle body 100% open right up to redline, disabling the feature built into the factory ECU??
Old 10-01-2008, 01:18 PM
athenG

You dont accept PM so I'll just post it here...

Hey, I'm interested on switching to MAF over Map. I have Utec and been using it for a year an a half now. Do you have a tuner in NYC that know how to handle the VQ? I have been doing my own adjustment in utec but not really familiar with your software yet. How much is the cost to switch with the upgrade MAF? I'm boosting around 8psi right now. I also spray meth so not sure how you compensate for that...
Old 10-01-2008, 02:01 PM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do I start. If you're in WA, contact Lawrence at Intec Racing. He's a very good guy on a personal level and he treats his customers with respect. He'll only tell you the truth and won't sugar coat things, and he's super knowledgeable when it comes to tuning, especially with our system.
Thanks for the the reply and the information. I really do appreciate it. I'm not too far from Intec so that may be a great option for me.

Dave
Old 10-01-2008, 04:43 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by athenG
You dont accept PM so I'll just post it here...

Hey, I'm interested on switching to MAF over Map. I have Utec and been using it for a year an a half now. Do you have a tuner in NYC that know how to handle the VQ? I have been doing my own adjustment in utec but not really familiar with your software yet. How much is the cost to switch with the upgrade MAF? I'm boosting around 8psi right now. I also spray meth so not sure how you compensate for that...
Well the stock ECU can't directly compensate for meth injection, other than to treat it as part of the normal tune. So you might want to use Map Switching so you can run lower boost with no meth for daily, and then a tune for slightly higher boost and meth. That way you have a safe tune in case you run out of meth (meth dealers aren't always easy to find at 3am after going to the races, or something)

If you've been dealing with the Utec, then our interface will take a little getting use to but should make sense. Our modified MAF sensors are $224 and will handle 1000hp according to the manufacturer. We've tested them to around 650 through our Pro Tuners with good results and plenty of headroom left.

We're still trying to locate a reputable tuner in the NY area to become a Pro Tuner. We've had some of the biggest names on the west coast for 2+ years now and they really like our product, yet the east coast guys (besides Sharif) are still really hesitant.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:44 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Osiris 2.0 parameters

Is there a list of all the parameters that can be changed with the new Osiris 2.0 End User Version?
Is there maybe side by side comparison of the End User Version Vs. the Pro Tuner Version?

thx
Old 10-01-2008, 06:58 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Is there a list of all the parameters that can be changed with the new Osiris 2.0 End User Version?
Is there maybe side by side comparison of the End User Version Vs. the Pro Tuner Version?

thx
Yeah thats one of the things that is planned for the website. It's one thing at a time right now.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:57 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah thats one of the things that is planned for the website. It's one thing at a time right now.
Thanks you
Old 10-02-2008, 08:52 PM
krivera6950

ok so i would have a base map that would run on 93 octane and is tuned for all my mods correct? also is there no type of remote that i can use to switch between maps?
Old 10-03-2008, 07:58 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

You switch maps with the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. No remote needed.

If you don't have cruise control, I' believe you are currently limited to one map.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:22 AM
importpunisher

^+1 that is true, i have no cruise buttons so 1 map at a time for me but its no biggie.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:32 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Any word on an HR version. Tryin to plan on what to ask for xmas from the lady, thx!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:53 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
Any word on an HR version. Tryin to plan on what to ask for xmas from the lady, thx!
Thats the plan, but it comes down to testing, testing, and testing again.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:40 PM
krivera6950

will there be ant remote available in the future for the base model?
Old 10-04-2008, 09:07 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by krivera6950
will there be ant remote available in the future for the base model?
Nope, thats all controlled through the factory ECU. There are writeups on how to add Cruise Control to these cars on the internet, just find someone thats done it and run with it.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 AM
importpunisher

question uprev, shouldnt i be putting out a higher or at least match his rwhp number and TQ? i have more mods and uprev flash and custom tune? i have a CAI, spacer, headers, HFC, exhaust, flash and dyno tune. or its just the combination set up i have not working well together??? does a haltech make that much of a difference??
https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/3905...o-results.html
Old 10-07-2008, 08:23 AM
App6MT

Originally Posted by importpunisher
question uprev, shouldnt i be putting out a higher or at least match his rwhp number and TQ? i have more mods and uprev flash and custom tune? i have a CAI, spacer, headers, HFC, exhaust, flash and dyno tune. or its just the combination set up i have not working well together??? does a haltech make that much of a difference??
Who did you get tuned by?

Anything Haltech can control, so can Osiris, at a much cheaper price. But remember, no two cars are the same, so there is no guarantee that you will put down the same whp/wtq as another car.

But what you can be assured of is if Haltech can make 20whp with a tune on your car, so can a tune through Osiris or Cipher RTT.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:47 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

The dyno chart in the other thread uses some kind of estimated flywheel horsepower. The rear wheel numbers are lower. Make sure you are comparing the correct numbers.

Never seen a Dyno Dynamics estimate flywheel horsepower before?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:03 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by importpunisher
Every car is different, every dyno is different. At this point there are only a slight few things that Haltech can control that we can't, but nothing on a basic bolt on NA car that will produce any worth while HP gain.

Haltech is a pretty damned cool ECU and has features above and beyond any of the other standalones, but price vs. output aren't going to measure up unless the motor build is pretty extreme.

To answer your question, no you shouldn't be putting out any more power than you are. Tuning doesn't create power, thats determined by the motor itself, and all the various parts in combination. You could go and do a compression test, have your coil packs, fuel injectors, etc tested. There are dozens of things that could be off slightly, and you can pay an arm and a leg to have them all checked, but in the end the power your motor creates is the power it creates. All tuning is going to do is allow that power to come forward.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev