Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev wants suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:53 PM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sensi09
Along with this, the ability to measure acceleration times along the lines of 60-130mph or 70-120mph would be useful.
You can do that with the Cipher logs.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:00 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by gothchick
I'd like the ability to get rid of the 'soft' rev limiter on revup models.

That will be in the End User Tunable software. No real world conversion factor for it, but you can play with it or double it etc. We will address it with a conversion table in the future. We've tried to add as much conversion info to the interface to help clean things up, even some new color guidelines for the display tables so its easy to keep track of even at a glance.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:08 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by rednezz
For me the ability to adjust the VTC angles on the fly just like the timing and fuel maps. It takes to long flash after every adjustment. Also would like to see if you can adjust the VTC angles past 6600 rpm.

Real time tuning will be added shortly for cam phasing. The 6600 rpm limit is based on the other tables that look up cam phasing, it's not doable in this generation of Osiris, but will be at some point in the near future as we clarify the other tables and action them properly.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:09 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
in a good pioneering way, yes !

You need a crazy dyson vacuum device for your intake is all. DOOO EEEEET!!!

Look at the arrows, it's unstoppable!!

Last edited by UpRev; 08-13-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:18 PM
folgrz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

will v2 support the HR motor?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:29 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
I hope the end user version gets the ability to turn CEL codes on/off. I'm still testing what Jared did for me, but so far it has worked like a charm (details to follow after 1000 miles of testing). Take a look at all the poor folks with 07s trying to get rid of CELs with either HFCs or test pipes.

We should have a few of the DTC codes in the End User. We have to be careful of what we allow as we don't want to fight the gubment. The Pro Tuners will still have full control over DTC codes if you have the End User Tuning and you need them to adjust them for you.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:32 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by folgrz
will v2 support the HR motor?
HR is a different beast and is Priority 1 after 2.0

We're addressing things in a more orderly fashion now, so things actually get done. And we get called 12 times a day and a barrage of e-mails for HR and 08 support so we really are aware of how important our support is for those dealers and customers.

Our new website will allow us better communication on updates like HR support. So please check back on a regular basis.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:40 PM
UpRev
Banned

Keep going guys, this is good stuff.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:46 PM
L. Baggins

Ability to magically add 400 rwhp!!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:41 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by UpRev
Thats a part of our update plan already, this just solidifies the idea in our developers minds. I know there are a few issue with Cipher right now that we've also got planned for Cipher 2.0 and the profiles thing fits in with some of the ideas we already had. We're also going to have a forum on our site where people can share files. Including display stuff for Cipher.
Thanks! Cipher is a super, but way underrated tool... In my opinion.

Something else Ciper related... I'd like the ability to store Cipher logs somewhere other than an attached computer.

The one thing still unavailable in the Cipher/Osiris combo is the ability to store logging information internally in the ECU. Most standalones have enough RAM space to save quite a bit of logging. I understand that memory in the ECU is very limited, but maybe you could create a virtual table to hold the data until you download it.

If that is unsuccessful, how about adding a USB connector to your Cipher/Osiris cable so that people could plug in a thumb drive and direct the logging to it?

My point is to be able to do real time logging without needing a computer in the front seat. It's not just being lazy... My computer ends up ricocheting all around the car... it would be cool to be able to save data like a standalone.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:51 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by __jb
Thanks! Cipher is a super, but way underrated tool... In my opinion.

Something else Ciper related... I'd like the ability to store Cipher logs somewhere other than an attached computer.

The one thing still unavailable in the Cipher/Osiris combo is the ability to store logging information internally in the ECU. Most standalones have enough RAM space to save quite a bit of logging. I understand that memory in the ECU is very limited, but maybe you could create a virtual table to hold the data until you download it.

If that is unsuccessful, how about adding a USB connector to your Cipher/Osiris cable so that people could plug in a thumb drive and direct the logging to it?

My point is to be able to do real time logging without needing a computer in the front seat. It's not just being lazy... My computer ends up ricocheting all around the car... it would be cool to be able to save data like a standalone.
You need to have a USB host to do that. It would need some sort of OS and something to tell it how and what to store. We have a handheld prototype built here at the shop, and the first person to order 2000 of them we'll give them a deal on, say $300 each. Wire transfer only!

As far as saving it in RAM on the ECU, we can't really do that with all ECUs and all ROMs, so it's technically possible, but not probable that it will ever happen.

The whole reason we didn't do the handheld device was price really. With the cost of the new portable computers going down so much, most people would rather have something with more than one purpose for that much money. If you really need something to hold the laptop down, you can put together a harness for the passenger seat with nylon belts and velcro, or get a laptop stand from any number of places.

Good idea but it's not going to happen any time soon.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:29 PM
ssgohan434

How about being able to hook up a Nokia N95 to the ECU? I kid I kid... not enough demand to do that :-p
Old 08-13-2008, 11:37 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ssgohan434
How about being able to hook up a Nokia N95 to the ECU? I kid I kid... not enough demand to do that :-p
I wouldn't mind having that.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:47 PM
drive4fun

Two-Step and Launch Control.. Would help out a lot of members with their launching/shifting.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by L. Baggins
Ability to magically add 400 rwhp!!
I'll be damn happy @300
Old 08-14-2008, 08:59 PM
billybrun

Originally Posted by drive4fun
Two-Step and Launch Control.. Would help out a lot of members with their launching/shifting.
Absolutely, even though I'm using map switching as a two-step and launch aid right now, it would be nice to have it integrated into a single performance map that hardly ever gets switched.

I say that, because every time you switch maps, all the learning that was done by the ECU to improve on that map, gets lost and it has to start all over again.
I know that the longer I drive on my performance map without switching it, the better it gets. Am I right on assumptions? Rich or Jared?
Old 08-15-2008, 01:46 AM
OCG35
Banned

^^^ +2

Also, speaking of launch - I've been trying to get a couple of vendors (nameless) to something to defeat the ECU from cutting power while torque braking (AT)... pulling yaw control plug or brake fuse doesn’t do it. I don’t know if Osiris can alter a function like that?
Old 08-15-2008, 07:54 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ +2

Also, speaking of launch - I've been trying to get a couple of vendors (nameless) to something to defeat the ECU from cutting power while torque braking (AT)... pulling yaw control plug or brake fuse doesn’t do it. I don’t know if Osiris can alter a function like that?
Manual conversion solves all those issues.
We don't control the Transmission or ABS computers, we only adjust the tables they reference in the ECU. So it's not really accurate at this time. We'd like to do some development on that but it comes down to available time.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:57 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by billybrun
Absolutely, even though I'm using map switching as a two-step and launch aid right now, it would be nice to have it integrated into a single performance map that hardly ever gets switched.

I say that, because every time you switch maps, all the learning that was done by the ECU to improve on that map, gets lost and it has to start all over again.
I know that the longer I drive on my performance map without switching it, the better it gets. Am I right on assumptions? Rich or Jared?

Sort of right. We lock it down fairly well. It may learn but it's not going to be as big of a swing as the stock tune. But we are looking into a launch control map. We know how to do it, it's just about how to make it safe.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UpRev
You need a crazy dyson vacuum device for your intake is all. DOOO EEEEET!!!

Look at the arrows, it's unstoppable!!
damn, you figured it out...we just finished building the dyson derived vaccum tree

Quick Reply: Uprev wants suggestions.