Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev wants suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 01:55 PM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrayG35
work on the auto trans for us. we need firmer shifts, something electronically should be able to control line pressure. F buying an expensive valve body!

Even if we were to change certain parameters, most of the upgrades for the transmission are going to be hardware related. We're hoping to have radio buttons in the tuning software for specific hardware (ie. MAF rescaling for the Modified MAF we'll have for sale). Once we get some development information from third party hardware companies, we can include that in our tune.

If any transmission parts manufacturers are listening, please contact us about a Beta Kit.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:02 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by billybrun
Yup, it's me in those videos, just trying to show how I use map switching as launch control/2-step.
I would love not having to do the switching in order to get that feature. It gets confusing when you forget to pick the right map right before you stage, but it's better than nothing.

Yeah we know, all of us being from the Subaru world, we understand the joy that is launch control. Trying to not spin or bog in an AWD is 11ty billion times harder than a rwd. We plan on adding this to future updates, we just have to figure out how to make it work right without causing issues. We actually have a number of really incredible tuners in the Austin area, and we've been getting more of the nitty gritty details on making this a viable option.

Shout out to Jon at ProTech Performance, Omar at StreetScene Autoworks, Justin at Tuning Concepts.

We're also hoping that we will get a kick back from the people that make axles, clutches, transmission, and differentials since launch control will help you break lots of them.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:42 AM
thinking

Originally Posted by UpRev
Tell you what, we'll just be like all the other manufacturers and not have any kind of discourse with our customers.
Sir, I thought Uprev was a software company. Every software company that I know of provides for feature/enhancement requests. I am just saying that asking for suggestions is not earth-shattering. However, it is very nice of you to converse with your customer base in a public forum.

Our I'll continue to post the way I like to post and you'll get over it.
I am not trying to make enemies here; just being frank. I was not referring to any of your posts. I was referring to the past. I had made a feature request, and was told it could not be done. Now you are asking for suggestions, and I am not sure whether certain things can not be done, or whether Uprev did not have the resources to do them in the past.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:57 AM
thinking

Can you offer your customers a download area for all of your base maps?
In others words, an owner logs in to your website, chooses the make, model, and mods on their car. They can then download a base map for those mods, and start custom tuning from there if they wanted.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:00 AM
thinking

Can you prevent the fans from running while loading a tune?
Old 08-24-2008, 12:08 PM
GrayG35

Originally Posted by thinking
In others words, an owner logs in to your website, chooses the make, model, and mods on their car. They can then download a base map for those mods, and start custom tuning from there if they wanted.
this sounds good. have the tune library open to us so we dont bother you all as much. isnt that the way cobb has it?
Old 08-24-2008, 12:32 PM
drive4fun

this sounds good. have the tune library open to us so we dont bother you all as much. isnt that the way cobb has it?
Old 08-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Silver_Z33

+1 that really is a great suggestion
Old 08-24-2008, 01:23 PM
UpRev
Banned

Comparing the open library that Cobb has to ours isn't relative. With Cobb they allow you access to a few "stage" limited maps, you can't adjust or tune them. With our product having access to base maps doesn't help much because we adjust each tune specifically for each car. That in and of itself negates any reason to open our base map library up, as we create a tune your you based on any configuration of car and then adjusted for your car. Plus each one of our custom built eTunes has so many variables to choose from, such as Idle, WOT, Octane, RPM limit, Speed limit, and then adjustments for settings like Race, Tune, Stock, Towing (for trucks), Economy, Valet, etc. Why would you want to be limited to 10 choices when you could have thousands and then have them adjusted to fit your exact car?

Having base maps available to people that upgrade to End User tunable Osiris doesn't help much either because starting with a pre-built map doesn't help when creating a custom tune. You already have that in the form of your stock tune on your car. This isn't like starting with a blank stand alone ECU, your car already starts and runs and does things, you use a base tune on a stand alone ECU because it's blank and doesn't start or run or do anything.

I think that alot of people are confusing what we do with what limited products other people offer, we're not a flash tune company. We turn your stock ECU into a stand alone. You want to tune your NA car, cool we got that. You want to tune your twin turbo monster, cool we got that. Want to swap a VK into your 240, we got that.

If you want a basic flash like our competitors that isn't adjusted for your specific car, yes we have the ability to do that, it's $400 and you'll have to mail us your ECU. Thats not all we offer though.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:24 PM
UpRev
Banned

Can you prevent the fans from running while loading a tune?
Nope thats the car itself, when the ECU dies it stops telling the fans to stay off, and they default to on. Our flash takes less than a minute, it's not harmful for the fans to run for under 60 seconds.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:50 PM
UpRev
Banned

Oh and part of our discussions here is having the ability for our End User tunable guys to share and help eachother using our eTune capabilities. Non sanctioned obviously, so it's up to you to make sure the tune you'd be using is right for your car. At the very least we'll have the ability to share notes and screen shots on our support forum, maybe create a few admin customers to handle the information flow.

It would be up to the customers to build the support info up, we don't want to force customers to have to go to the Pro Tuners for everything, but they will be there for help when you're at your wits end.

We're still debating if it will be Kbase, Wiki, or Forum for support stuff. We know we want the forum for discussions, but they will be heavily moderated.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:08 PM
WTX350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We know we want the forum for discussions, but they will be heavily moderated.
GOOD!!!

If you guys figure out a way to make the Auto transmission shift when I tell it to, both up and down. that'd be enough to push me over the edge. (I'm not talking about shifting harder, or faster...I'm talking about the 1/2 second + delay between when I push the lever and when it actually shifts....that and when I am going ~35 and tell it to go into 1st, I want it to go into first.

I was @ an AutoX yesterday, which had me banging the rev limiter in 1st. I couldn't shift into 2nd b/c if I did, the car wouldn't allow me to go back to 1st. (which was needed.)

so had to keep it right near readline through 2 sections, then when there were no more really slow sections I put in 2nd for the longest straight.

So if you can fix this...I'm so there!

Last edited by WTX350Z; 08-25-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:06 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by WTX350Z
GOOD!!!

If you guys figure out a way to make the Auto transmission shift when I tell it to, both up and down. that'd be enough to push me over the edge. (I'm not talking about shifting harder, or faster...I'm talking about the 1/2 second + delay between when I push the lever and when it actually shifts....that and when I am going ~35 and tell it to go into 1st, I want it to go into first.

I was @ an AutoX yesterday, which had me banging the rev limiter in 1st. I couldn't shift into 2nd b/c if I did, the car wouldn't allow me to go back to 1st. (which was needed.)

so had to keep it right near readline through 2 sections, then when there were no more really slow sections I put in 2nd for the longest straight.

So if you can fix this...I'm so there!

The whole transmission thing would be great, but thats a separate Bosch computer that we don't talk to. The adjustments for load, throttle position, etc can be adjusted and those would create a difference in how and when it would ****, but they wouldn't give you complete control.

Most of what the transmission stuff does will be in the hardware for now and we could create some variance in the ECU tables to support those mods. Like having a high stall torque conveter, where the ECU is expecting to see forward movement, yet it looks like slip, we *may* be able to overcome some of that. Without having a car here and a built transmission though we can't even test for it.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:16 AM
WTX350Z

damn, need to tell Bosch it sucks, and to let you control it!

Well I tried...oh well.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:21 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by WTX350Z
damn, need to tell Bosch it sucks, and to let you control it!

Well I tried...oh well.

I doubt Bosch speaks english.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:34 AM
WTX350Z

I doubt Bosch speaks english.
shoosh you! Didn't you know English is the Language.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:21 PM
GrayG35

hack that damn bosch computer!! i need firm shifts without a VB upgrade
Old 08-26-2008, 04:25 PM
UpRev
Banned

hack that damn bosch computer!! i need firm shifts without a VB upgrade

one meeellion dollars
Old 08-26-2008, 05:50 PM
WTX350Z

one meeellion dollars
I'll donate 20 bucks. deal?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Ataru074

after seeing 318 RWHP from a tune on the HR with only bolt on.... DAMN CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
(launch control and flat foot shifting is good too)

Quick Reply: Uprev wants suggestions.