Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev wants suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:39 AM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
damn, you figured it out...we just finished building the dyson derived vaccum tree

I'm pretty sure it could work, if you were all engineerical or something.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:17 AM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by UpRev
Manual conversion solves all those issues.
We don't control the Transmission or ABS computers, we only adjust the tables they reference in the ECU. So it's not really accurate at this time. We'd like to do some development on that but it comes down to available time.
Thanks for the response... however, the issue I'm referencing is not controlled by the TCU - it’s the ECU... I know KPTech developed a module that had issues with the trq converter... I'm trying to find someone that can control the ECU to ignore throttle and brake at same time or just trick into not recognizing... anyway, I asked Shawn Church about it - he said he asked you guts and it wasn’t high on your priorities (understandable)... I just figured since the topic is here I'd throw it out there.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:34 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by OCG35
Thanks for the response... however, the issue I'm referencing is not controlled by the TCU - it’s the ECU... I know KPTech developed a module that had issues with the trq converter... I'm trying to find someone that can control the ECU to ignore throttle and brake at same time or just trick into not recognizing... anyway, I asked Shawn Church about it - he said he asked you guts and it wasn’t high on your priorities (understandable)... I just figured since the topic is here I'd throw it out there.

Yeah we can adjust those tables, but it screws with other things. Thats our hold up on it. We don't want people trashing transmissions, and we've already had issues on the development car we had here at the shop. So until we get those issues sorted out, it won't be a priority.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:47 PM
skaterbasist

I might have missed it...

But what are the changes for the Ver. 2.0 Cipher/Osiris?

And how "close" are we to it? I'm almost ready to take my car for an Osiris license + dyno tune at a certified UpRev tuner. I'm thinking I should wait (?).

Last edited by skaterbasist; 08-15-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:50 AM
OCG35
Banned

Yeah we can adjust those tables, but it screws with other things. Thats our hold up on it. We don't want people trashing transmissions, and we've already had issues on the development car we had here at the shop. So until we get those issues sorted out, it won't be a priority.
I will remain hopefull that my Osiris will someday do this
Old 08-16-2008, 11:08 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
I might have missed it...

But what are the changes for the Ver. 2.0 Cipher/Osiris?

And how "close" are we to it? I'm almost ready to take my car for an Osiris license + dyno tune at a certified UpRev tuner. I'm thinking I should wait (?).

Consumer 2.0 will be going to all our beta testers and pro tuners next week. We expect to get feedback on it and patch any issues that arise shortly. You'll hear about the retail release of it here.

Pro 2.0 won't ship complete for another month, but as far as differences to an N/A car the beta software the Pro Tuner will have will do everything he'll need. For an FI car, the updated Pro software will be slightly different because of some of the extended features they will have.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:14 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

uprev...can you pm me the cost of your tunning flashes you do...
Old 08-16-2008, 11:53 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
uprev...can you pm me the cost of your tunning flashes you do...
PM's turned off, rich@uprev.com
Old 08-16-2008, 03:09 PM
drive4fun

I'm happy to see your support for thr z/g community. There are a few companies out there that have various ecu programs/software that tune our cars.

For suggestions I'm sure as a Subaru owner you have heard of cobb tuning. I believe they have one of the best tuning tool called the access port. It gives its consumer many features and options to use.

It would be nice to see a product like that for our g/z's. Cobb does have one but they aren't very into the g/z community.

What you offer is similar with all the different maps you can use. The laptop is a good way to tune and should make your product cheaper for us consumers. Cobb's AP gets you a handheld tool with many features for the same price of your reflash.

It would be a good idea if you can offer similar features as the AP via laptop.

Although Cobb offers a better product in no way does it help you tune your car to its maximum potential. Your services exceed that of Cobb's.

By the way would it be possible to save your maps on the AP?

Thanks again for helping us tune our cars to the max.

Adam
Old 08-16-2008, 06:17 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by drive4fun
I'm happy to see your support for thr z/g community. There are a few companies out there that have various ecu programs/software that tune our cars.

For suggestions I'm sure as a Subaru owner you have heard of cobb tuning. I believe they have one of the best tuning tool called the access port. It gives its consumer many features and options to use.

It would be nice to see a product like that for our g/z's. Cobb does have one but they aren't very into the g/z community.

What you offer is similar with all the different maps you can use. The laptop is a good way to tune and should make your product cheaper for us consumers. Cobb's AP gets you a handheld tool with many features for the same price of your reflash.

Although Cobb offers a better product in no way does it help you tune your car to its maximum potential. Your services exceed that of Cobb's.

Adam
Adam, you obviously don't know our product. We offer more than the AP does feature wise, for the same price, and you do use a laptop with our product.

Pretty much everything you're asking us to add has been part of our system since day 1.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:30 PM
mthreat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ataru074
Well... pretty much would be nice to have safety features for track use (and abuse). full time fan activation (or selection of the triggering temp) , timing detuning on the fly with "presets" on a pocket pc version (that could be used like the old style "managers") and doesn't require a full carputer (weight saving for track use). couple of realtime gauges (coolant temp, knock sensor, a/f ratio) on the main interface.
Nope that's me, we talked at the track today
Old 08-16-2008, 11:05 PM
drive4fun

Adam, you obviously don't know our product. We offer more than the AP does feature wise, for the same price, and you do use a laptop with our product.

Pretty much everything you're asking us to add has been part of our system since day 1.
That's good to know. I guess I have some researching to do.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by mthreat

was nice to meet you, at least now I know the potential of the Z at TWS... and that I need A LOT of seat time there
Old 08-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Mize

Think it was mentioned before, but I have to +1 on launch control. A safe launch control feature handled by the ECU would be great.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by drive4fun

Adam
First, Cobb has an Accessport for the Z/G, and it's been out for a few months now

Second, the Osirus really is on a different level to an Accessport.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:28 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Ataru074

was nice to meet you, at least now I know the potential of the Z at TWS... and that I need A LOT of seat time there
Originally Posted by mthreat

Sorry, I missed TWS this weekend. I really wanted to go but it wasn't in the cards for me. I will be going again soon cause I need the exposure to customers, and the good feedback associated with it. Plus being a car nut, just being at the track is kinda Zen, even if I'm not the one racing.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Ataru074

will be for the next time... now I have time (not too much) to fix the car... I broke a side skirt... still wondering how and found out that going to the banking I scrubbed a nice slice of tire inside the fender in that damn lip of sheetmetal. easy fix with a hammer!!!

Sorry, I missed TWS this weekend. I really wanted to go but it wasn't in the cards for me. I will be going again soon cause I need the exposure to customers, and the good feedback associated with it. Plus being a car nut, just being at the track is kinda Zen, even if I'm not the one racing.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:26 PM
trey.hutcheson

Cipher related: open source it!

I *really* want to do all kinds of data logging. Unfortunately, I just can't swing another $400 for data logging. It's that simple. But I think I could swing $150 for the cable and maybe a reference library that did all of the protocol translation.

Sell the cable and the base software sdk, get out of the software business, and let the community do all of the front-end stuff for Cipher.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:36 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Cipher related: open source it!

I *really* want to do all kinds of data logging. Unfortunately, I just can't swing another $400 for data logging. It's that simple. But I think I could swing $150 for the cable and maybe a reference library that did all of the protocol translation.

Sell the cable and the base software sdk, get out of the software business, and let the community do all of the front-end stuff for Cipher.
Right so just give away our business. Not going to happen.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:45 PM
trey.hutcheson

You still make money on the cable. You still make money on the core protocol library.

I don't mean to be insulting. I've been doing software development professionally for wlel over 10 years. It's a question something each development house has to face: what is your core competency? In your case, it's obviously the network and all the ecu stuff.

Any development resources currently devoted to the cipher front end could be redistributed to core development work. I mean, do you really want to be gui developers? How many man hours did it take to develop and test all of the snazzy gauges? How about the data logging functionality? How about the various preference related features already discussed in this thread?

My point is let the community take care of all of the low-hanging fruit. Concentrate on what you already do well. Better application of capital IMO.

Quick Reply: Uprev wants suggestions.