Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev wants suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Ataru074

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
How do you know your rear diff is overheating?
when the fluid is boiling and spilling all over your rear suspension????
Old 09-04-2008, 03:39 PM
WTX350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ataru074
DAMN. I've never seen this happen and I've seen cars pushed really hard...something smells fishy

New site looks great. I miss the page with all the detailed info about what all you can see with cipher
also the checkout is still the old site. Just encase you didn't notice I gotta give you hell!

Last edited by WTX350Z; 09-04-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:50 AM
RedondoG

I'd like a setting that will control the throttle position output between 1st and 2nd gear shifts (When I hit 2nd gear I get way to much wheel spin and I don't seem to be good enough to control it with my foot). -- Something that will bring the power on in 2nd gear in a programmed / controlled fashion.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:51 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I track my NISMO a ton also, and never seen this happen. At the last PCA event I went too, my engine temps went over half way on my temp gauge because it was so hot and the cars brakes were smoking hot where the gold paint was turning dark and still didn't have a issue. But I use Amsoil Gear lube in the rear diff.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 09-25-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:32 PM
mthreat

Are you sure it isn't overfilled? Does the Nismo Z have the same diff as the normal Z? It should be easy to open the fill plug (when the diff is cool) and see if any comes out -- it's only supposed to be filled as high as the fill plug goes. You'll want to buy a new crush washer for this fill plug before you do this.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:56 AM
civic4982

hey uprev,

I was wondering if there was anyone to correct my navigation's MPG estimates now that I have larger injectors or will that always run super high?
Old 09-25-2008, 09:20 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by civic4982
hey uprev,

I was wondering if there was anyone to correct my navigation's MPG estimates now that I have larger injectors or will that always run super high?
Not possible to change that unless you know someone at the company that manufactures the Navigation unit.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:34 PM
bimmertech

def need fan temp changes for us nismo t-stat users

knock data would be real nice.

would it be possible to open up the maf table so that we may enter our own. i have a few mafs laying around(still have the volt to cfm charts) and would like to give them a try. i would also like to say that i am interested in your pro-m meters, but would like to try my old pro-m's first.

the tire size speedo correction would be killer, as would the permanent vdc off feature(possibly with no light illum, lol)

is there any non-essential signal outs that are adjsutable that my be used for meth inj or stuff like that(i can't think of any though, but maybe you guys know)
Old 09-26-2008, 01:10 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by bimmertech
def need fan temp changes for us nismo t-stat users

knock data would be real nice.

would it be possible to open up the maf table so that we may enter our own. i have a few mafs laying around(still have the volt to cfm charts) and would like to give them a try. i would also like to say that i am interested in your pro-m meters, but would like to try my old pro-m's first.

the tire size speedo correction would be killer, as would the permanent vdc off feature(possibly with no light illum, lol)

is there any non-essential signal outs that are adjsutable that my be used for meth inj or stuff like that(i can't think of any though, but maybe you guys know)
We may add the fan temp in the future but it's not a priority. It's only been an issue on parkinglot racing SCCA Solo2 cars, and usually the guys really getting into it have moved to a better aftermarket radiator that solves the issue.

Knock sensor output is on the horizon, it will probably be part of Cipher 2.0

MAF control is in the Osiris Tuner, we don't figure everyone is going to use the PMAS sensor, some people will feel the need to go to larger MAF tubes (even though we haven't seen any appreciable gain). Though we do have a selectable PMAS/Stock adjustment to make it easy if someone does go with the PMAS sensor.

Speedo/VDC are part of the ABS computer and not something we tangle with as of yet.

There are no extra signal outputs.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:43 AM
ErkTheJerk73

Received 718 Likes on 427 Posts

Ipod/iphone integration to do Data logging.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:16 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by ErkTheJerk73
Ipod/iphone integration to do Data logging.
You get Apple to include a USB host in the iPod/iPhone... If there was a USB host we'd have already built Cipher to run on it.

I've personally been on the Apple Developer program for over 8 years now, and I think it would be absolutely brilliant to use it like that, but until they include a USB Host capability in the Apple software/firmware then it's pointless to even bother with trying.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:32 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

http://devtoaster.com/products/rev/index.html

Looks liek they found a way with the Iphone.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:26 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
http://devtoaster.com/products/rev/index.html

Looks liek they found a way with the Iphone.
Bluetooth adapter to a RS232 port. Neither of which are USB, and bluetooth is disasterously slow. Cipher works at the exact speed of the ECU, faster than scan tools etc.

Also they don't even have it available yet, it's just a prototype of what they want to do.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:22 PM
35Z

Default Insights

Originally Posted by UpRev
Ok so. Since our new website won't have a forum on it for a few weeks, I figured I'd start the discussion here.

I'm looking for insight from customers. What you wish a software tuning company would build for your car. Please keep it to one post, try and make a valid point, and update your post as you feel necessary. I do not want this to become an argument. I just want to know what you feel is missing out there.

We're getting ready to release Ver 2.0, and I'd like to know if we're on point or if we're going to start a revolution.

There are a number of you that are rather familiar with our product, and some of you that may not understand what we offer. I want to hear from everyone, the more feedback on whats missing out there, the better.

I may not even respond unless I seek clarity on your ideas, I don't want to end up leading anyone to what you might think I want to hear. I want your ideas (not mine).

I will say again, please keep it sane and leave the flamewars for elsewhere, no arguments, just some ideas. I'll have the thread locked or deleted if it gets out of hand.
As an option, can you program multiple timing set-ups via a touch screen display instead of current cruise control buttons set-up? If so, will it interface with a typical carputer?
Old 09-29-2008, 06:43 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by 35Z
As an option, can you program multiple timing set-ups via a touch screen display instead of current cruise control buttons set-up? If so, will it interface with a typical carputer?
hrm, I'm guessing you could create various tunes, and flash them using Osiris, but you would have to restart the car every time. And flashing isn't the best idea as it can temporarily lock up the ECU... so that would mean waiting for the ECU to reset if our recovery program doesn't get it right off the bat (rare but has happened)

Just seems like alot of work for very little gain other than to look cool. It would be easier just to pre-build 5 settings, and use the cruise control to switch between them.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:20 PM
derek173

Rich, will weather/temperature changes effect a tune? Its getting colder in Chicago and when I send in my next E-tune it could be a 20 degree difference since my last tune. Should I wait for temps that are closer to what I expect to run the car hard in?

PS: Any update on my e-tune sent in 9/4?
Old 09-30-2008, 07:36 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by derek173
Rich, will weather/temperature changes effect a tune? Its getting colder in Chicago and when I send in my next E-tune it could be a 20 degree difference since my last tune. Should I wait for temps that are closer to what I expect to run the car hard in?

PS: Any update on my e-tune sent in 9/4?
The MAF and AIT should allow for a fair range of temperature/elevation. If you have a totally drastic weather change it might be good to have a summer/winter tune set, keep an eye on Cipher and you'll know when things start to get too whacky for the ECU to compensate.

e-mail jared@uprev.com to check on the etune status.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:22 PM
ErkTheJerk73

Received 718 Likes on 427 Posts

How about a software that will do a tune automatically?
Old 10-18-2008, 04:37 PM
OCG35
Banned

+1

Nano technology that will evaluate conditions and program ECU accordingly… and while you’re at it UpRev, can you design those nanobots to configure, create and install optimum flow characteristics in a thermally shielded manner using cryogenics principals but with solid unearthly materials…

Thanks.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:04 AM
UpRev
Banned

Limitations of the stock ECU. Though I do see an eventual move to this sort of thing by the OEMs.

We talked with a manufacturer at SEMA last year that was doing ECU for the GM flex fuel vehicles. Using the OnStar system, they see it as possible to do live tuning, but they want a ton of money for the system. Mind you the OnStar system portion could be mimicked by any cellular provider.

eTuning is the closest we could get to that idea, and it works very well so far.

Quick Reply: Uprev wants suggestions.