Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

What aspects of throttle can Osiris control?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:13 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Question What aspects of throttle can Osiris control?

Rather than posting in the long official thread, I thought I'd ask here. I have Osiris and the UpRev folks have been brilliant so far in meeting my needs for stock ECU control. Time to explore new possibilities!

I know Osiris can allow 100% throttle opening, raise the rev limiter and eliminate the top speed limiter. All of these I have employed - perfect.

Now can it possibly also prevent the effects of VDC on the throttle?

1. I would like to retain the braking function that helps keep the car straight, but I want to eliminate the throttle modulation that occurs with wheelspin and lateral G forces.

2. I would also like to eliminate the stock ECU modulating the throttle when the brakes are applied (so I don't have to splice in a switch to pin 101 of the ECU).

Possible?
Old 09-13-2008, 04:46 PM
frankie945

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1^ Do you like Osiris I have been debating on it. How much boost are you running? And can you adjust fuel and timing like the utec or is it locked in. What I would like to do is get a tune from them.Then take it to my tuner put my car on the dyno and tweak it. I plan on running a 7.5psi and 10psi tune.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:28 PM
06Titan

Originally Posted by frankie945
+1^ Do you like Osiris I have been debating on it. How much boost are you running? And can you adjust fuel and timing like the utec or is it locked in. What I would like to do is get a tune from them.Then take it to my tuner put my car on the dyno and tweak it. I plan on running a 7.5psi and 10psi tune.
If I were you, I would wait a few more weeks until UpRev releases their End User Tuning version of Osiris. You will be able to do exactly what you just asked if I understand it all correctly.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:54 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by rcdash
Rather than posting in the long official thread, I thought I'd ask here. I have Osiris and the UpRev folks have been brilliant so far in meeting my needs for stock ECU control. Time to explore new possibilities!

I know Osiris can allow 100% throttle opening, raise the rev limiter and eliminate the top speed limiter. All of these I have employed - perfect.

Now can it possibly also prevent the effects of VDC on the throttle?

1. I would like to retain the braking function that helps keep the car straight, but I want to eliminate the throttle modulation that occurs with wheelspin and lateral G forces.

2. I would also like to eliminate the stock ECU modulating the throttle when the brakes are applied (so I don't have to splice in a switch to pin 101 of the ECU).

Possible?

Unfortunately we have not reverse engineered either of those parts of the code, so at this point we can’t stop the VDC or the break switch from having an effect on the throttle. The only part of the ETC code that we have reverse engineered is the PID control algorithm that handles the basic operation based on throttle position and RPM (tweaking the low RPM areas is how we got it to go WOT from a dead stop). It may be possible for us to find the parameters that take into account the sources outside of the ECU (brake switch and VDC), but honestly we’re so busy trying to keep up with the platforms (HR Zs, new Titans, GTR) that I don’t see us coming up w/ the extra time to get that done any time soon.

As for the end user system, yes it is very close now. Anyone who is already a current Osiris user is welcome to contact us about getting a beta copy of the software at no cost. We’d like to get it into the hands of as many current customers as possible before the official release in a couple of weeks (or less if all goes well).

Jared@uprev.com
Old 09-18-2008, 05:25 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

^^^ Thanks Jared. Appreciate the detailed and candid response.

I have the Haltech and Osiris. I utilize Osiris for the throttle control mentioned above as well as for eliminating CELs that are irrelevant to my setup (I don't use MAF and have Haltech in control of CAM timing and fuel). I would highly recommend Osiris to any current UTEC owner - for low and mid boost operation. The cavaet is that you need to find a licensed pro-tuner in your area to help you set up a reworked MAF and of course tune the car.

Last edited by rcdash; 09-18-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:40 PM
frankie945

Originally Posted by rcdash
^^^ Thanks Jared. Appreciate the detailed and candid response.

I have the Haltech and Osiris. I utilize Osiris for the throttle control mentioned above as well as for eliminating CELs that are irrelevant to my setup (I don't use MAF and have Haltech in control of CAM timing and fuel). I would highly recommend Osiris to any current UTEC owner - for low and mid boost operation. The cavaet is that you need to find a licensed pro-tuner in your area to help you set up a reworked MAF and of course tune the car.
I just wanted to ditch the utec all together and get osiris but my car is a 04 and they don't support it. I posted on the other thread about software for the 04 and no reply I guess us 03 and 04 guys get left out.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:51 PM
PunKidd

I just wanted to ditch the utec all together and get osiris but my car is a 04 and they don't support it. I posted on the other thread about software for the 04 and no reply I guess us 03 and 04 guys get left out.
2003 and 2004 vehicles ARE supported (just tuned a 2003 TT Z making 530WHP a few months ago), they just use the old version of the flash utility.
Unfortunately that means that it's still possible to "brick" the Gen1 ECUs.
It’s nearly impossible to brick the Gen2 ECUs with the new flash utility. We are working getting the flash utility updated for the Gen1 CPU ECUs as well, but we're focused on getting the end user tunable version into customers hands right now. We expect to get the new flash utility working on the Gen1 ECUs in a month or two.
Jared@UpRev.com
Old 09-18-2008, 05:56 PM
frankie945

Originally Posted by PunKidd
2003 and 2004 vehicles ARE supported (just tuned a 2003 TT Z making 530WHP a few months ago), they just use the old version of the flash utility.
Unfortunately that means that it's still possible to "brick" the Gen1 ECUs.
It’s nearly impossible to brick the Gen2 ECUs with the new flash utility. We are working getting the flash utility updated for the Gen1 CPU ECUs as well, but we're focused on getting the end user tunable version into customers hands right now. We expect to get the new flash utility working on the Gen1 ECUs in a month or two.
Jared@UpRev.com
So in the future I can purchase the osiris tuner ver.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:59 PM
PunKidd

Yes, in the VERY near future. We're currently getting it into hands of as many current Osiris users as we can as a final stage of beta testing.
On that note, anyone who already has Osiris and is interested in doing some tuning on thier own car, just send me a cable license report and we'll get you setup.
Jared@UpRev.com
Old 09-18-2008, 06:07 PM
frankie945

Thanks, looking forward to it. Just let us know when its ready. I'm waiting to pull the trigger...
Old 09-18-2008, 07:55 PM
WTX350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and I'm Trigger happy!

I DEMAND SCREEN SHOTS OF TUNER VERSION! consider it nerd ****
Old 09-22-2008, 04:29 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by WTX350Z
and I'm Trigger happy!

I DEMAND SCREEN SHOTS OF TUNER VERSION! consider it nerd ****

As requested.