Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Solo how many miles are on your car ?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:52 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by KA24DE
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
Unlike Tony at Motordyne, I do not sell products, or have some underlying secret agenda. I want the answers, and I need something more substantial than opinion to back it up.

That being said, I wasn't the only one who originally came to such an conclusion about the revup vs mrev manifold, as 1cockyZ had the same opinion as I did originally, but has since corrected his position (as have I)
https://my350z.com/forum/7432168-post106.html
https://my350z.com/forum/7432183-post109.html
https://my350z.com/forum/7432226-post111.html

Furthermore, I maintain that the 5/16th spacer will produce gains on a rev up motor, and I have not seen any evidence to support otherwise (despite what Tony claims, I have seen many dynos to counter this statement)

Instead of people like Solo who seem only interested in regurgitating information form others, I like to find out on my own. One of my favorite posters on this Forums is 1cockyZ because he does his own research, and comes to his own conclusions, and isn't just willing to "take my word for it"

Again, I encourage everyone else to do the same.
First off, sorry OP for your thread getting jacked.

I speak to 1cockyZ and comment in his build thread fairly often, and agree with your assessment of him. He does some things are contrary to popular opinion only to work well, and conventional things that don't work out so well. Personally, I am similar in that I like to try things out. My car has been on a dyno 6 times in the last 2 years. I decided to convert my car to a 80mm maf set-up even though only ~2 people had done it previously on a stock long block. Just about everyone I asked told me I was wasting my time, and they were terribly wrong.......I know your regurgitating comment wasn't towards me, but none the less.

I also think it is a bit cynical to think that anyone who is trying to sell a product is being equally cynical. You make it sound like anything you didn't cast, design, or put together in your garage with your own hands is garbage. I know that wasn't what you were trying to say, but that's how it comes off.

Its been my experience that on a same day dyno I see 3-5whp variances on my car. I have had a few as high as 7-8whp, but that is not typical.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

I've been on a dyno many times (with both my current, and previous car) and have attended many dyno days. These claims of 1-7whp variance is dyno are widely overblown.

With that, I don't recall any of these setups I posted being tuned for headers, or adding other parts (besides the one I listed with cams) but read the thread and feel free to correct me.
I think
Longtube headers can not compare with stock headers, unless stock headers used with tp or any metal hfc. Don't you think? I can not go look over each thread with my phone, but I do remember last dyno shop had crazy exhasut setup. Is their dyno compare with stock vs exhaust/headers?
Old 07-30-2009, 04:25 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Laugh, I was one of the original testers of the MREV stuff for Tony before he released it. Tony knows his stuff and no one needs to question him on anything as he has a good reputation here of quality and performance.

You sir are new on the block just trying to stir the pot. You should leave before you embarrass yourself anymore.

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
Unlike Tony at Motordyne, I do not sell products, or have some underlying secret agenda. I want the answers, and I need something more substantial than opinion to back it up.

That being said, I wasn't the only one who originally came to such an conclusion about the revup vs mrev manifold, as 1cockyZ had the same opinion as I did originally, but has since corrected his position (as have I)
https://my350z.com/forum/7432168-post106.html
https://my350z.com/forum/7432183-post109.html
https://my350z.com/forum/7432226-post111.html

Furthermore, I maintain that the 5/16th spacer will produce gains on a rev up motor, and I have not seen any evidence to support otherwise (despite what Tony claims, I have seen many dynos to counter this statement)

Instead of people like Solo who seem only interested in regurgitating information form others, I like to find out on my own. One of my favorite posters on this Forums is 1cockyZ because he does his own research, and comes to his own conclusions, and isn't just willing to "take my word for it"

Again, I encourage everyone else to do the same.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:26 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Slyde77
Solo how many miles are on your car ?
18,3k.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:34 PM
Slyde77

I read about a test that was done on the same car, on the same dyno with just more miles on it and it put up better numbers. I believe it was almost 15+ rwhp more then before. The first test was done at 5k the second done (year or so later) 40 or 50k 15+ rwhp more on the same dyno. no mods were added to the car at all. Also those temps when you did the dyno dude go back when its cooler out and you will put up better number no prob. From summer to fall my car feels wayyyyyy diff. In the fall my car feels much quicker.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:43 AM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have you dynoed with the new MD exhaust?
Old 08-20-2009, 04:22 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

This dyno was done with that exhaust.